Author Topic: And the winner of Super Bowl XLV is...Chrysler?  (Read 13778 times)

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
Re: And the winner of Super Bowl XLV is...Chrysler?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:08:18 pm »
 :) :) Will give that one a 10.

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 12:12:05 pm »
Loved the Eminem Chrysler Spot and also Darth Vader, the healing powers of dorito's was pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9eb9S9_nOU&hd=1
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:13 pm »
Finally watched it, and I think it is bloody brilliant. Perfect for where America is now. It also made the 200 look really good!

All I was thinking was "Eminem sold out"....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2011, 12:15:42 pm »
Loved the Eminem Chrysler Spot and also Darth Vader, the healing powers of dorito's was pretty good too.

Or the Dortioes one where he licks the guy's fingers....ewwww!!!!

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2011, 12:26:20 pm »
Eugene Oregon? ....For some reason I always  thought "The Emerald City" was a nickname for Seattle?
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:24 pm »

Good point Mitlov about local pride vs. patriotism.

Yes...agreed...I didn't catch that at first...I see it now.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:58 pm »

Or the Dortioes one where he licks the guy's fingers....ewwww!!!!

Saw that one on a 'Greatest Superbowl Commercials of all Time 2011' program which gave a sneak peak, and really laughed at that one. Was imitating him all week-end because we happened to have a bag in the house.

:rofl2: @ the Best Buy one.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:43:14 pm by sirAQUAMAN64 »
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
Excellent ad.  Perfect for the times.  And yes, the Chrysler comes off looking good as a result of being associated with the local pride angle.  I can't speak for the car itself but its exterior works well.

Kudos to those who created it. :thumbup:

BTW, who did the voice over?  The voice sounded like an older individual, certainly older than Eminem.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2011, 12:52:27 pm »
They will sell two more in Detroit. I didn't see many of these ads, but if Chrysler know what they are doing they'd better have ads talking about the power of their new V6 engines and their use in small sedans, the upcoming 8 spd transmissions and of course greatly improved interiors. Similarly to Ford, Chrysler ought to be asking consumers to pay them another visit.

It would be funny to see Hyundai make a patriotic "imported from Alabama" commercial in southern accent.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2011, 01:05:41 pm »
Designed in America

Built in America

...the all new BMW X3

Gosh...more shallow "patriotic" ads!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/07/video-bmw-super-bowl-commercials-champion-diesel-and-america/#continued

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2011, 01:12:16 pm »
Chrysler should've restyled the C pillar, still screams Sebring and it doesn't flow with the rest of the car.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2011, 01:13:46 pm »

"Now we’re from America, but this isn’t New York City, or the Windy City…and we’re certainly no one’s Emerald City [Eugene, Oregon]."  "This is the Motor City and this is what we do."  "Imported from Detroit." 

So it's a frickin' import then?!? B*stards!!  :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2:

Seriously though, I really like the new 300.  It's on my list of "Cars I really like but will never own". Along with the RX-8 and the CTS-V Wagon.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline dkaz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +289/-389
  • Flip flop
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 12 Mazda 5 GT 6MT
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 01:24:33 pm »
That's why rental cars exist. :) I should've jumped on the offer to rent an SLK for four hours for $98 on Groupon (75% off)... that would've been the happiest four hours of my life.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:54 pm »
Really? You need to raise your threshold a little. :-P

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »
Very good ad I thought considering those Sebrings are real POS.

Ironically, a company so far in the debt to the taxpayer pays a celebrity multi millionaire, who few know, presumably huge coin for an endorsement.  

Regarding patriotism v. pride; one and the same when attached to a sporting event like the NFL.  Since they couldn't figure out away to fly figther jets around the interior of the stadium I wasn't surprised when they rolled out the Medical of Honour dude.

Will we ever see the day that Americans not mix a sporting event with military propaganda.  Americans have killed or maimed 35,000 of their own ppl, killed 100s of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afg, displaced millions into misery, added trillions to the federal debt, and yet they still insist on celebrating war at a sporting event.  ::)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 02:54:04 pm »

Ironically, a company so far in the debt to the taxpayer pays a celebrity multi millionaire, who few know, presumably huge coin for an endorsement.  

Regarding patriotism v. pride; one and the same when attached to a sporting event like the NFL.  Since they couldn't figure out away to fly figther jets around the interior of the stadium I wasn't surprised when they rolled out the Medical of Honour dude.

Will we ever see the day that Americans not mix a sporting event with military propaganda.  Americans have killed or maimed 35,000 of their own ppl, killed 100s of thousands of civilians in Iraq and Afg, displaced millions into misery, added trillions to the federal debt, and yet they still insist on celebrating war at a sporting event.  ::)

I know...in many ways we are very similar people but when it comes to that stuff it's like they are an alien race  ::)

Mitlov

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2011, 02:57:10 pm »

Best-selling albums worldwide for 2010:

#1: Lady Gaga's Fame Monster: 5.9 million
#2: Eminem's Recovery: 5.8 million

Yeah, nobody knows who Eminem is  ::)

Haters gonna hate...

If you're going to hate on America's administration, that's cool, but don't put that hate on Staff Sgt. Salvatore Giunta.  And he's the one who was honored yesterday.  Not Bush, not Obama, but Staff Sgt. Giunta.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Giunta  

I know...in many ways we are very similar people but when it comes to that stuff it's like they are an alien race  ::)

Thanks for reminding me why I'm no longer spending significant time on internet forums.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
Chrysler's Ad Did Work
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:16 pm »
Edmunds is reporting some pretty impressive 'consideration numbers' for the Chrylers Eminem Ad:

Chrysler's Eminem Superbowl ad worked. Consideration on Edmunds.com +328% for Chrysler; +1729% for Chrysler 200; 174% for Chrysler 300

To put it in perspective, then next two highest scores were the BMW X3 Ad with 459% and the Chevrolet Volt Ad with 438%. 

Consideration is the real time traffic to the model's page view on Edmunds.com in the minutes following the ad.  Below is a link to how the other ads did for the first half of the game.  Not sure why the second half isn't posted yet.

http://www.autoobserver.com//2011/02/edmundscom-tracks-super-bowl-advertising-effectiveness.html
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 03:25:19 pm by Mike »