Author Topic: Valentines Day  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Valentines Day
« on: February 05, 2011, 11:19:26 pm »
Get her a plush toy for Valentine's Day...

http://www.roadkilltoys.com/

:rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Valentines Day
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:16:32 am »
 ;D  I'm going wif a BOX O' SQUISHED CHOCOLATES.................maybe we can go out fer cigars & beer that nite............. :D..nothin' 'appening @ 'ome.....
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:45:36 pm »
The demographics of this board are making me terrified right now :) Nobody on here complaining about their singledom... I must be the youngest one here :D

The other boards I visit have multi page pro and anti Valentines day threads going.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:54:33 pm »
IQ and I do not celebrate such a silly thing...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

vdk

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:07:05 am »
Hallmark Day or Single Awareness Day whatever you wish to call it. Bad things happen on February 14th... My buddy called me - he broke up with his girlfriend for 3 years, something to do with the present he gave her.

As for me, I was on a call from 9PM till 11PM, I'm sorry my dear but I cannot control the sun. I can cook though! :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:12:25 am »
Hallmark Day or Single Awareness Day whatever you wish to call it. Bad things happen on February 14th... My buddy called me - he broke up with his girlfriend for 3 years, something to do with the present he gave her.

As for me, I was on a call from 9PM till 11PM, I'm sorry my dear but I cannot control the sun. I can cook though! :)

If anyone would break up with you or be angry because of the gift you did/didn't give them on Valentine's Day, then they weren't worth being with in the first place.

Seriously...do people actually care about this day?

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:23:25 am »

If anyone would break up with you or be angry because of the gift you did/didn't give them on Valentine's Day, then they weren't worth being with in the first place.

It's a North American obsession. I've never actually been dating anyone on Valentines day... So actually I can't really speak to it very well except I know I'm not stressing over trying to top myself last year. It does sometimes feel like "singles awareness day". I think I got asked a dozen times at work what I was doing for this special day...

Also what the hell kind of relationship is that when your girlfriend breaks up with you for giving the wrong kind of present. Unless the present was something abnormally horrific it seems to me like there were some other major issues.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 12:26:30 am »

It's a North American obsession. I've never actually been dating anyone on Valentines day... So actually I can't really speak to it very well except I know I'm not stressing over trying to top myself last year. It does sometimes feel like "singles awareness day". I think I got asked a dozen times at work what I was doing for this special day...

Also what the hell kind of relationship is that when your girlfriend breaks up with you for giving the wrong kind of present. Unless the present was something abnormally horrific it seems to me like there were some other major issues.

Note to men: Tell your prospective girlfriends you don't celebrate silly holidays like this.  IQ was thrilled when I told her this...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 01:01:51 am »
Don't like V-days either. It is silly for any relationship to break because of gifts.

Leviathan

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 01:46:27 am »
Legislated love  :banghead:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 06:18:34 am »
It's nothing to do with Hallmark you muppets. It's a Saint's day that has been celebrated for hundreds of years. Make of it what you will, you don't have to follow the crowd.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 06:35:25 am »
This year in a long time I got the wife some roses and a new carry one bag
You got love Costco prices  :rofl:

It made her happy, since I usually do not buy on VD day, it was a surprise
A good carry one bag is very important
She has flight to Thunder Bay in a couple of weeks and we have a trip book to Victoria end of June

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 07:25:07 am »

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 07:46:41 am »
VD day, that certainly puts a new spin on it! LOL

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 08:49:33 am »
VD day!!!... my sainted spirochetes................... >:(

labelled wifey's chocolate box.............."To the love of my life  OR Occupant"...............she laughed...lucky me................. :-* :-* :-* :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 12:44:48 pm »
I sent a card to my Israeli neighbour, addressed, "To The OCCUPIER"

vdk

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 12:50:40 pm »

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »

No sh!t. With gifts like Bob's the tipping point would be a card with a related joke about her weight  :rofl2:
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »

:rofl: