Author Topic: My 21 yr old daughter is flying to New Delhi to sell an egg !  (Read 4396 times)

kicker

Re: My 21 yr old daughter is flying to New Delhi to sell an egg !
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »
People do things when they are young , my wife did this in her late teens , and so did my daughter , and yes , we are a little dysfunctional , What family isen't . We do the best we can with the tools we are given . I'm sure my wife would still be with me otherwise .

Added
Names deleted (email)

--- On Sun, 1/23/11,

Subject: Re: glad your ok with it me too just make sure she buys medical insurance before she flies

absolutely

--- On Sun, 1/23/11,

Subject: glad your ok with it me too just make sure she buys medical insurance before she flies

Received: Sunday, January 23, 2011, 1:38 AM

Its important .with no medical coverage (insurance you buy here first )abroad problems can occur without it . 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:05:22 pm by kicker »

kicker

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »
One last thing , my daughter is 5 ft 8 3/4 inches tall and weighs 140 lbs , and is strong like her mother . When she was 13 on the ferry by herself she handled a guys unwanted advances on the car deck . Swore me to secrecy because if her mother found out she would not be able to make further trips by herself .

Added
She would be picked up at the other end after we would drop her off at our end .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:25:27 pm by kicker »

Offline kard00d

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 05:24:32 pm »
I completely understand her point of view and $750 dollars is a lot of money. 

As for this being a troll - I disagree.  You can't make this stuff up.

kicker

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »
One of my major faults is I'm too open so maybe you have a point . I wouldn't know .
I thought it was interesting . the egg thing , new tech , moral implications . As far as What I say about my family , doesn't matter to me either way . This place serves a useful outlet for me . Most of my friends are either dead or gone now . I don't make new ones .

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 06:36:00 pm »
You wouldn't be related to bikenut would you?

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 06:37:40 pm »
My mom has the ’07 Si, and I drive it every once and a while. I learned on that car. I drove my dads ’05 BMW 545 for the first time in Az over the summer, and I almost drove off the road trying to see what my mph was!

I guess you got your license late in life , and a 21 year old daughter

As Snowman use write, BS to this guy  ::)

:(   I was about to recommend a movie for her.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »

$750 is a lot of money?  Can't see it - people spend that much without batting an eye.

I think that if she's selling an egg for $750, she's crazy.  Seems to me it should be several thousands.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »

Are you new to the internet? ;)

$750 is a lot of money?  Can't see it - people spend that much without batting an eye.

I think that if she's selling an egg for $750, she's crazy.  Seems to me it should be several thousands.

No kidding. If somebody (again, I think this story is all about attention seeking) was to take injections, fly half way around the world, go to a foreign hospital, give an egg to a doctor they have never met for ONLY $750....They must be really, really stupid.

:(   I was about to recommend a movie for her.

Good one :thumbup:

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 07:03:02 pm »

http://www.thehastingscenter.org/uploadedFiles/Publications/HCR/Articles/2010_March-April/levine%20figures%20and%20tables.pdf

Many thousands more if you are a Ivy League graduate.   Too bad sperm banks don't pay the same.

kicker

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 07:44:09 pm »
Everything is true .  I found out why my wife changed her mind . I'm proud of my daughter regardless of how I view some of her decisions .

Added posted below

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:30:24 pm by kicker »

kicker

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 09:40:36 pm »

Quadzilla . I see you haven't read posts very well, otherwise you would know the reasons my daughter is doing this . As I said I'm proud of my daughter, VERY proud of her . She grabs life by the horns .
Try this, it might help you improve your comprehension

Pay attention when you read and read as if it really matters. Most people read in the same way that they watch television, i.e. in an inattentive, passive way. Reading takes effort and you must make the effort. A wise teacher once told me that you can learn anything if you do three things:
PAY ATTENTION
PAY ATTENTION and
PAY ATTENTION.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »
My daughter is getting paid $ 750 for her egg.

kicker

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 11:25:48 pm »
I wonder how much the egg company is making .

Added
and just for you ,when my daughter gets back to me I'll give you the name of the company
and you can examine THEIR figures .
AND my daughter qualified and is worth every penny even though she's just looking for a free trip and shopping money
ANYONE getting my daughters egg is hitting the jackpot quad . Can you say the same ?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 11:56:25 pm by kicker »

Offline MKII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 01:44:16 am »
your daughter sounds like she is pining to be on http://natgeotv.com/uk/banged-up-abroad
obviously a victim of too much reality TV viewing.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:18:32 am by MKII »

kicker

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 09:15:41 pm »

My daughter works 2 jobs,  and is in her last year of college (4 yrs) . She is busy and doesn't watch much tv . She used to watch Gossip Girl and Criminal Minds . But now just watches the cooking channel
I deleted my previous post out of embarrassment . I rarely drink beyond my limit .

kicker

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 04:42:57 am »
Typical quad , wrong again
scan down to number 10 for costs
http://www.victoriafertility.com/15p_Egg-Donation-and-in-Vitro-Fertilization.htm

I don't know what egg place my daughter has gone to . My wife said don't do anything .
I suspect my daughter will have a similar view when she phones me back .

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 05:07:28 am »
Don't know your daughter, but doesn't sound terribly bright..I mean for someone in college that is.  $750 to inject herself with who knows what, then fly halfway around the world, get poked and probed by who knows how credible/skillful a Dr, risking infections or worse.  For a measly $750?  Tell her to go work in a strip bar for a week if she's that hard up for cash or wants to be used.

On the other hand, some due diligence on her part might be in order.  She should call the Canadian consulate, give them the name of the "clinic" and see if the consulate knows this is an on-going scam.  Though if she isn't bright enough to listen to her dad's good intentions and concerns, I have doubts she'll make any calls.

Perhaps you can make the call to the consulate to determine if this is a scam....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

kicker

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 05:56:13 am »
Yeah , she's really stupid ,thats why she gets A's and B's consistently during the past 3 yrs in college and will continue to do so in her last year .
Why don't you try reading that link I directed at quad above . You'll see these clinics have been around awhile . If there was such a danger as you suggest , people like you would have closed these clinics down out of fear some time ago .

I simply don't share your view at all . You don't give our bodies any credit after 1000's of years of evolution . If we were so fragile as you think , our species would have died out LONG before .
I don't know who taught you to think this way but I can tell you my daughter isen't afraid of a little second hand smoke or some hormones,( thats been giving to hundreds before her ) and does not share your fears . I would never raise anyone to be fearful of such things . You can pass your views onto your kids . To each his own

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2011, 05:59:12 am »
Yeah , she's really stupid ,thats why she gets A's and B's consistently during the past 3 yrs in college and will continue to do so in her last year .
Why don't you try reading that link I directed at quad above . You'll see these clinics have been around awhile . If there was such a danger as you suggest , people like you would have closed these clinics down out of fear some time ago .

I simply don't share your view at all . You don't give our bodies any credit after 1000's of years of evolution . If we were so fragile as you think , our species would have died out LONG before .
I don't know who taught you to think this way but I can tell you my daughter isen't afraid of a little second hand smoke or some hormones,( thats been giving to hundreds before her ) and does not share your fears . I would never raise anyone to be fearful of such things . You can pass your views onto your kids . To each his own

I saw the link...for a fertility clinic in Canada.  You said India.  Not the same, IMO.  Our clinics here are strictly controlled.  India by comparison is the wild west.  Why do you think so many pharmaceutical companies used India as a testing site (and dumping ground) for their new and unproved drugs?  Because of the lack of regulation and oversight. 

And I've known many people to have straight As, yet at the same time they lacked some common sense. 

Shrug.  You posted here venting and seeking opinions. I gave you mine.  Don't like it?  Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 06:11:34 am by rrocket »

kicker

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2011, 06:17:34 am »
Its the clinic here that is doing it . Shes not going to some slum hospital there to complete the process either .
Just because you have your fears does not make them real .
I'm really surprised that you ride motorcyles but give you much credit for doing so with all those fears of yours .