Author Topic: My 21 yr old daughter is flying to New Delhi to sell an egg !  (Read 4393 times)

kicker

My 21 yr old daughter is flying to New Delhi to sell an egg !
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:54:21 pm »
2 of her friends are into it . Some egg outfit sets it up for couples that can't have kids .

One of my daughters friends has done it already . Went to the states to sell her egg . My daughters roommate does it too , who is presently injecting herself in the ovary area 3 times daily with hormones for 3 weeks prior to where ever she will go . Prices vary alot for the cost of the egg . My daughter is getting paid $ 750 for her egg . Small change .

It is going to a gay couple in New Delhi .
RED FLAG went up right away . I said "That's a standard sex slave scam . far away , pricey 1 way ticket , Hard to find work , Forced in the sex trade to earn enough money to fly out of there .
Hospital care was also a concern for me .
She's doing it for the gay couple "nice thing to do" . She also likes the free trip there and back , with food allowence etc . 10 days there before returning . She likes travelling so this is her main reason for going and to go shopping with the $750.

I'm not keen on the idea . I have no way to stop her anymore .
Just because science can do something doesn't make it right . This child might be picked on in school for having 2 dads . He or she might one day want to know who my daughter is . These records cannot be get at or might be destroyed . So this child will never know his/her biological mother . This unfair to the child . Adobted kids can find out . Not so in my daughters case . I'm aware of the woman going before the courts to try to change that .

I've always admired my daughter for her zest for life , her determination , hard working nature and her courage but feel her adventuous spirit might get her in trouble one day . She leaves in March . I've encouraged her to be this way her whole life , but now I'm having second thoughts .I am not against her going by herself for the adventure it brings . But I'm her dad , and am still concerned somewhat .

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Re: My 21 yr old daughter is flying to New Delhi to sell an egg !
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »
by the sound of it, you are very worried.    and rightly so, i cannot imagine, in a country of more than a billion people, there are no woman to sell their "egg" to this nice "gay couple".

who are they going to attach it to?  if they have surrogate mother already, why wouldn't they just artificially inseminate?

it just sounds too ridiculous.

but whatever.  if you cannot stop her, why don't you go with her for couple of days?  or persuade her friends to go with her. 

i'm all for children making mistakes for themselves, and learning from it, but that just doesn't sound right.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

vdk

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:36:18 pm »
You can't control your 21 year old daughter? ::)

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:50:13 pm »
 :o  Do whatever it takes and STOP HER. If you don't, this will NOT end well. Good luck.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:23 pm »
Kidney problems, liver problems, cancer, swollen ovaries. No thanks, I'll save a few pay cheques and go to India on my own cash. Going to the States to do this is one thing, a  developing nation is a completely different story.

Rule number 1, don't inject any kind of medication\drug in yourself oral or otherwise unless you need it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:25:50 pm by RunsinLight »

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:43:11 pm »
That's extremely facked up.  Tell us you're joking.  :P

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:03:29 pm »
I would worry about this a lot.

Is the ticket a proper return ticket on a proper airline?   Does she need a Visa and is that arranged by the "nice gay couple"

I'd worry that she'll get off the plane, the ticket and her passport will disappear... you know, put in the hotel safe just in case... Then she will miraculously find herself married and be prevented from leaving the country or even getting to the Canadian consulate.

Worst case I know but it DOES happen to Indian girls from the UK who are coerced into going to Pakistan or India and then discover that they are in a marriage arranged by their parents and then they can't get out easily. From what I have read the UK gov is nowadays prepared for this but is the Cdn gov I wonder.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

kicker

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »
No , I can't control her anymore . No one can . She's a very strong independent woman . Tangling with her is not easy at all - just like her mother ( her mother is a tough cookie too when she wants to be , kicked a guy so hard in the balls all thoughts of rape disappeared fast , another time she stabbed a guy in the thigh so hard with his own wood file it put him in the hospital ) . My daughter is just as tough . Sent a girl off in an ambulance with just one punch once .
 Now that she is 21 there is nothing we can do ,  we voice our views but the decision is hers to make .
Yes I'm concerned and put that exact same question to her - WHAT ! NOBODY IN INDIA CAN DO THIS ?
I'm looking into it about whats on the other end . I have a solution in the works to deal with it at the other end , it's just not confirmed yet .
Problem is , her friend has done it and another is doing it too , so she views it as perfectly safe .
But neither of the other girls have gone or have to go so far a distance .

She gets A's and B's in college , shes pretty smart and can handle herself . So I trust in that .
She even dealt with her stalker effectively  - after she made me promise not to do anything to him after I tracked him down . ( I would have broken that promise if I had too but she dealt with it on her own too ).
Shes fiercely independant . I have faith in her .
I know of someone who was transferred to work in New Delhi recently so I might have him meet her at the airport . That is what I am working on now .
The 2 way ticket was the first thing I asked about . If something goes wrong I'll fly there and deal with it .

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:51:15 pm »
Offer to pay her $1000 to not go on the trip.

vdk

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 11:13:44 pm »
Dude... She's 21. No offense to anyone but girls smarten up in their late 20s. A 21 year old girl is an easy catch.

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 11:18:41 pm »
Offer to pay her $1000 to not go on the trip.
:iagree:

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:53 pm »
What does her mother have to say?   

kicker

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 11:41:09 pm »
Good idea but it won't work .
  She's going to Mexico after India . Told her about the the dozen drug war beheadings, headless bodies just laying in the street . Didn't change her mind in the slightest , she just asked what part of Mexico . If you ask me, I think she's a bit of a thrill seeker . But still your idea is valid , she's stubborn , maybe I can think of a better adventure . She's refused money from us before though . ( my wife has tried to bribe her once before - I said your wasting you're time , I ended up being right ) . She will simply do it because thats what she wants to do .
If something does go wrong I'll get the press involved . If that doesn't work I still have one more trick up my sleeve .
vdk , I agree with you . But my faith in her is not misplaced .
You're thinking I have a choice in this matter . I don't . I'm certain the only thing that would change her mind for awhile is if she happenned to break a leg or get very sick before going . But that would just postpone it not change her mind . Both her mother and I have been working on her for 3 weeks now . It just makes her more determined to go . She's too much like her mother in this regard .

ADDED
I just phoned my wife and asked her if she has tried to bribe her . She says she doesn't mind that she goes now . Funny , coming from her . Case closed then , fine with her , its fine with me . thank you for your imput . much appreciated . It was bothering me some . not anymore . My wife can still surprise me after all these years .
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 12:02:56 am by kicker »

vdk

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 12:13:10 am »
If she were my daughter I would give her a slap. A proper slap, with the back of the right hand.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 12:22:03 am »
I just phoned my wife and asked her if she has tried to bribe her . She says she doesn't mind that she goes now . Funny , coming from her . Case closed then , fine with her , its fine with me . thank you for your imput . much appreciated . It was bothering me some . not anymore . My wife can still surprise me after all these years .

amusing story   :thumbup:  :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 08:17:29 am »
..Bribe her with an EGG_BOX 360....................Sari aboot yer dilemma.............can we call ya PAPADam now...........................Oh goodness gracious me.....................
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:20:10 am by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 08:25:36 am »
My mom has the ’07 Si, and I drive it every once and a while. I learned on that car. I drove my dads ’05 BMW 545 for the first time in Az over the summer, and I almost drove off the road trying to see what my mph was!

I guess you got your license late in life , and a 21 year old daughter

As Snowman use write, BS to this guy  ::)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 08:27:50 am by airbalancer »

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +416/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 08:32:12 am »
My antenna started to tweek when he was talking about his wife stabbing some guy and his daughter sending someone off in an ambulance.  ???

I agree....It's either BS or a very disfunctional family  ::)
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 08:49:03 am »
People, please don't feed the troll.

:notroll:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 08:51:07 am »
 ::).....But he EGGED ME ON............................... :P