Author Topic: Money tip for the well off  (Read 5719 times)

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Money tip for the well off
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 11:08:44 am »
You could get a Timmie franchaise and free coffee.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 11:12:47 am »
...or a MUSTANG RANCH Franchise...and FREE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :o :o :o :o...REAR SUSPENSION OF REALITY.............1GEE on the HORSEY

like the Canadian TYRE ref there Dan..... yer coming around s...l...o...w BUTT SURE ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 11:29:10 am »
Bank of Iran allows INTEREST wait till Khomeni hears about this blashphemy :stick: :pimp: >:D

Islam forbids exorbitant interest rates.  Wonder what the rates are on their credit cards.  :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2011, 02:00:01 pm »
 ::) :shuffle:...an ARM & A LEG............................. :rofl:

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2011, 03:51:14 pm »
I'm sure Millionaires and Billionaires didn't get where they are without thinking big or taking chances.

Or stepping on people, or not paying their fair share of taxes, or being dishonest.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

kicker

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 05:08:32 pm »
Governments are always short of money so they are always looking for ways to charge you more . We are taxed to death in Canada . Most businesses are left with about 3% after all is said and done .( 3% of a Canadian Tire Franchise is still alot )
In Canada manufacturing has dropped from 30 % to about 10 % because of taxes and labour costs .
Regarding franchizes .
Franchisors charge you about 10 % of your gross  Some charge about 10% of your net, like Dunkin Donuts does .  It might be a better choice than Timmys but Timmys would be alot less stressful than Canadian Tire .
If you don't mind all the paper work, taxes etc and stress from being people intensive 7 days a week a franchize is for you .

Money always goes to where there is the least taxes .
Cities like Hong Kong and Sinapore are power houses because of low taxes and cheap labour .

Re. Iran , has very strick banking regulations . It's easy getting your money in , harder getting it out .
Someone mentioned about 4% after all is said and done . He knows his stuff ,(unlike me).
Islam is forbidden from charging interest to fellow musslims only .
Except for a couple of whistle blowers ,one in France ,you can still transfer your money to a numbered Swiss bank account (avoids taxes). You just have to go to Europe to get it . Or you can pay all your taxes .Well I learned something anyway . So thanks for the input .

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 05:52:08 pm »
We are taxed to death in Canada . Most businesses are left with about 3% after all is said and done

Do you have a link ?

kicker

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 06:37:36 pm »
Putting money in Iran bank has to be the dumbest think I have read in a long time
Putting your money into mortages would be much safer and get more of a return

You are asking me for a link ?

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2011, 06:52:56 pm »
Putting money in Iran bank has to be the dumbest think I have read in a long time
Putting your money into mortages would be much safer and get more of a return

You are asking me for a link ?
Yes!!!!!

This year is my 20th year of having my own business, and I would not be doing if my return was only 3%
Ask a mortage broker on what returns there is with a private mortage
There is no problem to get 9% on a one year mortage

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 06:54:09 pm »
The rich in Canada are not rich by earning 6% in an unstable nation where banking regulations are not only suspect, but could perhaps be changed in an instant.

My clients were rich people.  They made a lot of money by investing in enterprises that earned healthy returns, and by having a diverse set of those investments.  They stay rich by dodging taxes and having access to high return investments.

The idea that we're "taxed to death" is complete BS.  Look at the nations with the highest standards of living.  Oh, shock, they all have high rates of taxes.  Why?  Because they use those funds to create massive infrastructure that allows business to flourish.  They use those funds to create strong public education systems that plays a key role in long term prosperity.

True that manufacturing in Canada has decreased thanks to high labour costs, but do we really want to compete with low labour cost nations?  It means lowering our wages and standard of living.  Lower taxes will accomplish little, as it means less long term investment in infrastructure.  No, we need to use our tremendous capacity to THINK :censor: UP.  We invent stuff.  Other nations make it.  Pretty much no nations outside the G20 invent anything.  The real value we bring is in creating the future.

Inventing stuff means high productivity, and this means re-thinking the way we manage GDP.  Look at our GDP in real terms.  Holy crap, are we productive.  But, we still try to find employment for all adults in a 40hr works week.  Rethink.

This is a :censor:' retarded topic and if someone with a little money decides to follow the OP scheme, well, go for it.  It's not a true arbitrage as it has inherent risk, and I don't see a large enough premium to compensate for what I think the risk is.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 07:02:29 pm »
A 3% after tax return might be great depending on the industry.  Also, that amount is after paying salaries and wages to the various staff and management.  I too was in private industry for many years and EDITDA was always much, much higher than 3%.

Kicker keeps mentioning that he knows nothing about this subject, and then continues to argue for some position.  Don't go away mad, just go away...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 08:56:56 am »
..Johnx musta got a set of KARL MARX red underwear again for the "Holydays"......and he's itching to spread the NEWS.................. :rofl:............

IMHO Canada is ONE of those blessed countries you shout about with a high standard of living........how do the Rich "DODGE" taxes if legally using Can Rev rules NO harm No foul.....if Illegally then they will get caught......

Tremendous capacity to THINK STUFF UP and make us RICH thereby.....it ain't that simple BUB....................and many of those ideas (Computerized robots and Office software ) have decimated Factory and Banking jobs....N'est ce pas?????

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2011, 09:17:41 am »
Yes, technology has cut jobs.  This is why we need to rethink how we distribute the remaining work load.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 09:22:22 am »
........... ::) too THE MASSES I say....with a lil Religionthrown in..........................cheaper than designer Opium a.k.a OXYS................ 8) 8) 8).............

kicker

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 12:14:43 pm »
airbancer. You might have noted I didn't say all businesses . As far as the rest of the
posts go , I didn't read , not to be rude or anything I simply Know nothing on the topic to comment on any further than I have already done . Not my forte . I don't feel like researching the topic any further either . The 15 minutes I spent researching it yesterday was more than I spend a topic that holds no interest for me . cheers

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2011, 12:50:25 pm »
..... ::)"FORTE" good required Auto topic............. :bang:..............

Saf likes FORTE jokes..................

Offline neil

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +20/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2011, 01:12:41 pm »
Yes, technology has cut jobs.  This is why we need to rethink how we distribute the remaining work load.

It has also created a $h!t load of jobs.  Well paying.

RIM's workforce is somewhere around 15,000.  Compare to, say, Chrysler Canada, somewhere around 9,000.  RIM's jobs all a result of technology, and pretty much all jobs that didn't exist 10 years.

GM Canada and Chrysler combined would be less than RIM employs here.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 01:32:27 pm »
airbancer. You might have noted I didn't say all businesses . As far as the rest of the
posts go , I didn't read , not to be rude or anything I simply Know nothing on the topic to comment on any further than I have already done . Not my forte . I don't feel like researching the topic any further either . The 15 minutes I spent researching it yesterday was more than I spend a topic that holds no interest for me . cheers

But you wrote Most businesses are left with about 3% after all is said and done

What the heck to you do for a living??????????

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 01:40:48 pm »

But you wrote Most businesses are left with about 3% after all is said and done

What the heck to you do for a living??????????
:light: I know, we should have a poll, that would make this thread interesting! ;D
I'll go first - I say Night time Security Guard.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 01:42:20 pm »
This idea makes baby jesus cry
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!