Author Topic: Grrrrr!  (Read 1022 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Grrrrr!
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:42:43 pm »
Car blew through a light from my right after his light was red for at least 4 seconds.  Glad I checked twice like I always do before proceeding to do my left turn.  Guy beside me in the other left turn lane didn't even look.  Just saw the light go green and hit the accelerator.  That little bit of wheelspin on the wet, icy pavement probably saved his life but both he and the clueless moron who ran the light probably will never know.  Pathetic.

No need to reply.  Just venting and more than a bit glad to be alive.  A second of wheelspin probably saved a family from a tragedy with only 4 more days until Christmas.

vdk

Re: Grrrrr!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:00:05 pm »
Yeah.

A souped up wanna be Evo ran a red light the other day, almost took out another car that was turning right. :censor: idiot didn't even touch the brakes.

Oh and a 350Z got incredibly close to getting under a jacked up F150.

CatsEye68

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:24:07 pm »
Here's one for you -- apparently never touched the brakes. Any other time of day and this would have been a disaster:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/12/21/ns-mackay-bridge-accident.html

That used to be a GMC Sierra. :o

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:37:21 pm »
Yeah.

A souped up wanna be Evo ran a red light the other day, almost took out another car that was turning right. :censor: idiot didn't even touch the brakes.

Oh and a 350Z got incredibly close to getting under a jacked up F150.

I guess there is a good reason why those cars have absurd insurance rates.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:51:54 am »
Here's one for you -- apparently never touched the brakes. Any other time of day and this would have been a disaster:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2010/12/21/ns-mackay-bridge-accident.html

That used to be a GMC Sierra. :o

Wow!!!  If I were one of the toll booth attendants I'd be buying a lottery ticket...after changing my shorts...
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Scarecrow

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +41/-17
  • Cars on the brain
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Mazda6, Mazda MX-5 Miata (sold), Shelby 427S/C Cobra, Triumph Tiger 750
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 10:27:46 am »
Red light running is rampant here in Ottawa.

Angry Chicken, you did the right thing.

NEVER assume that everyone will stop for a red light.  ALWAYS check both ways before proceeding into the intersection.  Stay safe and have a merry Christmas.
"Anyone who drives faster than you is a Maniac,
and anyone who drives slower is an Idiot." - George Carlin

kicker

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »
Wow . 4 seconds later . What a dangerous gamble .