Author Topic: First Drive: 2011 Subaru Forester  (Read 33820 times)

Lexusfreak

Re: First Drive: 2011 Subaru Forester
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2010, 12:50:33 am »
Even my buddy Jim Kenzie gives the 2011 Forester two thumbs up, despite the 4 speed auto!  ;D

http://www.wheels.ca/article/792787
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 12:54:29 am by Lexusfreak »

Offline RX7heaven

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-5
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '98 Forester,'09 Impreza
Re: First Drive: 2011 Subaru ForesterThinkfeeldrive
« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2010, 03:22:23 pm »
 :rofl:My '98 Forester also has dual overhead cams which were discontinued to meet emission standards until the recent do over. The Subie propensity to blow head gaskets should be countered with preventative measures like Subaru coolant additive to minimize corrosion. Dealerships also like to see complete maintainence records. I also use synthetic oil for older cars which conditions (swells) gaskets. A cotton air filter and irridium spark plugs as well as gas additive with each oil change could help. I don't expect a 5 speed auto.trans. for this price. If your Subaru trans. is shifting roughly try changing the fluid with an additive. If your naturally balanced boxer engine is idling roughly it may also need maintainence. The new Forester is bigger like all the rest but also has more body roll and the turbo is available if you need more power. I read that the name came from the fact that Subaru built vehicles for the Japanese forestry industry. "Power without control is nothing!
"If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing" - H. Simpson

kicker

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2010, 06:25:31 pm »
Michael Vaughan's 2010 Automative Report card

B +
Subaru: Subie is run by hard-nosed Japanese engineers. If you want an indestructible all wheel drive vehicle at a reasonable price look no farther. If you want beautiful design then you'd better look farther. I only worry because now Toyota owns a big chunk of them.

Offline cruzzer

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +6/-22
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 02:17:10 pm »
Nice to see Porsche drop it's pricing on Canadian vehicles by more than $5000 based on the continued strength of the dollar. Now if only Subaru Canada would do the same! The price of the Forester is incredibly $5,500 higher in Canada than it is in the US! That is absolutely absurd. A 25% surcharge is more than almost any other car I am aware of in the mainstream of car sales in this country.