Author Topic: Feature: GM's new fuel-efficient models  (Read 21703 times)

CatsEye68

Re: Feature: GM's new fuel-efficient models
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2010, 08:32:12 pm »
Lame marketing stunts in the print and other media is one thing.  Lame marketing stunts on vehicle control systems is another.  And for the record, I don't think GM's customer are anywhere near as stupid as GM thinks they are (with one or two notable exceptions).  Thankfully, someone talked them out of the LEFT and RIGHT directional arrows on the steering wheel.

Wow, that's a stretch, even considering the source. Lame? Indeed, but not in the manner you intended. Your game is off today. Perhaps the stress of the season is getting to you. Get some rest, and come back tomorrow.

Leviathan

« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2010, 02:31:37 am »

What's so special about that? That's pretty much the universal logo for the overdrive gear. That doesn't justify having a bright green circle to remind drivers that the 6th gear is the most efficient. That's frankly an insult to drivers' intelligence.

I always wondered what would happen when the domestics started to produce competitive cars...now I know.
Indeed. If it's come down to mocking the green circle around the "6" then GM must really have done something right with the car  :P

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12405
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2010, 09:19:50 am »

What's so special about that? That's pretty much the universal logo for the overdrive gear. That doesn't justify having a bright green circle to remind drivers that the 6th gear is the most efficient. That's frankly an insult to drivers' intelligence.

I always wondered what would happen when the domestics started to produce competitive cars...now I know.
Indeed. If it's come down to mocking the green circle around the "6" then GM must really have done something right with the car  :P

That's a fair observation.  But it makes you wonder why it is, then, that the slappies fly into such a flap over the mere suggestion that sticking a green blob on 6th gear might just be a bit cornball.  The answer: they are programmed to mass attack ANY criticism of a GM product, no matter how small or trifling.  As the response here from the usual sources amply demonstrates.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2010, 09:21:53 am »

Yeah, like the stupid green circle for stupid drivers is the only thing I've ever criticized on the Cruze...  ;D

Leviathan

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2010, 02:41:04 pm »
But it makes you wonder why it is, then, that the slappies fly into such a flap over the mere suggestion that sticking a green blob on 6th gear might just be a bit cornball.  The answer: they are programmed to mass attack ANY criticism of a GM product, no matter how small or trifling.  As the response here from the usual sources amply demonstrates.

Jaeger
When did Sir O become a slappie? He was pointing out how ridiculous a particular post was from a poster that should know better.

I wonder if we're ever going to have a thread about a GM car without all this BS from assholespeople with agendas.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2010, 02:45:19 pm »
But it makes you wonder why it is, then, that the slappies fly into such a flap over the mere suggestion that sticking a green blob on 6th gear might just be a bit cornball.  The answer: they are programmed to mass attack ANY criticism of a GM product, no matter how small or trifling.  As the response here from the usual sources amply demonstrates.

Jaeger
When did Sir O become a slappie? He was pointing out how ridiculous a particular post was from a poster that should know better.

I wonder if we're ever going to have a thread about a GM car without all this BS from assholespeople with agendas.

So, I'm being ridiculous for pointing out how ridiculous and stupid it is by GM to put a big green circle dot to point out the very obvious that the 6th gear is the most efficient gear (ie. the most 'green' gear). Ok, sure.

EDIT: And I'm not sure how anything I wrote about the Cruze makes me an swerver. If anything, you're the swerver here, buddy.

EDIT #2: What the heck. A-s-s-h-o-l-e was replaced with swerver in my previous edit. Odd.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:48:53 pm by Shnak »

Leviathan

« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2010, 02:54:49 pm »
So, I'm being ridiculous
Yes.
EDIT: And I'm not sure how anything I wrote about the Cruze makes me an swerver. If anything, you're the swerver here, buddy.
Oh, it isn't limited to the Cruze although you were just called out over in the Cruze thread.

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2010, 02:58:28 pm »
So, I'm being ridiculous
Yes.
Oh, it isn't limited to the Cruze although you were just called out over in the Cruze thread.

Show me another car where the 6th gear is highlighted like it is in the Cruze. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2010, 03:16:43 pm »

I wonder if we're ever going to have a thread about a GM car without all this BS from.....

While this slappie appreciates the support Leviathan, I don't condone that language.  Let's play nice man!

If getting on here and disagreeing with some stuff...and really disagreeing when you think something is really silly is being a slappie, then I'm guilty as charged...I'm with Sir O then...good company to be in.

Leviathan

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2010, 03:21:50 pm »
Show me another car where the 6th gear is highlighted like it is in the Cruze. Go ahead, I'll wait.
Wait away. I'm ok with a green dot, white circle or simple "6".

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

Jaeger

Wow, what a class act you are.

Jaeger

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2010, 09:55:17 pm »
C'mon..seriously?  Is anyone truly upset by the word "a$$hole"?  Not a big deal IMO....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2010, 10:16:10 pm »
C'mon..seriously?  Is anyone truly upset by the word "a$$hole"?  Not a big deal IMO....

"Upset"? Hardly - but the childishness of resorting to profanity when one is in the process of critcizing others for the manner of their forum participation is a little too cute.

Jaeger

CatsEye68

« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2010, 10:19:17 pm »

This from a guy who throws around the word "slappie" like a handful of pennies. ::)

Online Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2010, 10:20:59 pm »

This from a guy who throws around the word "slappie" like a handful of pennies. ::)

I wouldn't put their value nearly so high as that.

Jaeger

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2010, 10:22:22 pm »

"Upset"? Hardly - but the childishness of resorting to profanity when one is in the process of critcizing others for the manner of their forum participation is a little too cute.

Jaeger

Still no biggie IMO....A little trash talking, a little soft profanity...no biggie.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2010, 10:30:57 pm »
While looking at various articles throughout this forum, I have noticed GM haters, Toyota haters, Ford haters, Chrysler haters, anything foriegn haters.

Then there are those that are GM lovers, Toyota lovers, Ford lovers, Chrysler lovers and anything foreign lovers.

My obersvation, is that "lovers" really really hate the "haters" state their dislike of the manufacturer of the vehicles they like. They seem to make the most venomous attacks against those posters stating their opinion.

I look at cars as just being cars, if you put down the vehicle that I like, so what. Everybody is entitled to their opinon no matter how wrong it is.  I may be wrong but....

Yep.  Everyone likes/dislikes something.  No rule that says everyone on the playground has to be best friends....

Leviathan

« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2010, 10:35:38 pm »
Unfortunately people are focusing on the "a" word instead of the underlying frustration that elicited the comment. Don't like a car or car maker? Sure, say your peace and move on. Love your particular brand? Sure, post positive stuff and sing from the roof tops but don't go to every other thread and crap it up.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 10:37:01 pm »
Unfortunately people are focusing on the "a" word instead of the underlying frustration that elicited the comment. Don't like a car or car maker? Sure, say your peace and move on. Love your particular brand? Sure, post positive stuff and sing from the roof tops but don't go to every other thread and crap it up.

Whatever, a$$hole..... :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl: :rofl2: :rofl:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 10:45:05 pm »
RROCKET,

Your right again. I wasn't saying that people have to be friends. Differences of opinon is good, so I guess I should lighten up and just look at the comments and have a laugh at the childish nature of some of the posters. I guess no one is getting hurt.

Indeed.  I just can't imagine anyone would take something they read on a message board to heart...