Author Topic: First Drive: 2011 Chrysler 200  (Read 27347 times)

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
Re: First Drive: 2011 Chrysler 200
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2010, 08:00:06 pm »
Fiat 500 (Fix It Again Tony): Chrysler's salvation might be a hit -- south of the border maybe

The elfin Fiat 500, scheduled to arrive in U.S. showrooms before New Year's, will surely be a hit with some. The important question is: How few?

Chrysler, which is controlled by Italy's Fiat Auto, needs a small car to compete against formidable subcompacts like Honda Fit, Ford Fiesta, Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Elantra and Chevrolet Aveo. With its smallest two-cylinder engine, the 500 gets 56 miles per gallon on the highway, an eye-opener for eco-enthusiasts.

Yet Fiat is an unfamiliar brand to most  -- probably not all bad since those old enough to remember its exit from the U.S. in 1984 associate the name with a reputation for shoddy quality.  Alas the name; Fix It Again Tony (FIAT)

Sergio Marchionne, chief executive of Chrysler and Fiat Auto, has an ace up his sleeve. By building the 500 at Chrysler's Mexico assembly plant in Toluca, he gains a labor-cost and currency advantage.  Time will tell if the domestic buyer will warm up to yet another import.

On August 30 Marchionne invited several hundred Chrysler dealers to Detroit in a bid for commitments to sell the 500, hardly a slam dunk since dealers must invest in separate showroom space, tools and parts. The deadline is Sept. 22 to submit applications, from which Chrysler could grant between 150 and 200 franchises.

"Chrysler will have to teach dealers how to sell the 500,'' said Robinet. "They're used to selling Ram pickup trucks and Jeep Grand Cherokees. They'll be dealing with a different mindset.''

You're mister cut and paste lately, eh?

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:54 pm »
Should be a great car...I drove a 2009 Sebring Limited 3.5 L and even reviews of that car were positive...The 200 dwarfs that with power,better driving dynamics,  class leading power ect....

Looks like Chrysler is back in charge of their interiors and vehicles..as Mercedes screwed them over big time !!

As for looks,I like it...Imports have been praised for mundane styling for eons,seriously look at most imports they are but ugly !! I would take a Chrysler 200 over anything in its class hands down !!

Mitlov

« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2010, 05:33:22 pm »
I drove a 2009 Sebring Limited 3.5 L and even reviews of that car were positive...

???  Which reviews would these be?

As for looks,I like it...Imports have been praised for mundane styling for eons,seriously look at most imports they are but ugly !!

Hoo boy, another blindly-loyal fanboy who thinks that nationality X is not just a litmus test, but the best litmus test out there, for quality...

bababa1

« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 04:23:56 pm »
I told you years ago, spongy conter-electronified tricky for economy and anti-specification gas pedal to suposeddly save the tar sands of bush and pierre elliot trudeau and montreal power corporation for 1% better fuel economy approx is conter intuitive and can easilly upset your car in winter and rain especially. I told you all the car since 2004 approx are tune like that from the epa in u.s.a. I told you that chrysler gm ford honda toyota mercedes volkwagen, etc will go bankrupt in a couple of years because they serve politic and epa instead of their paying consumer. Hundreds of new car compagny will take the relay with 100% electric technology because electric cars are more easy to conceive and build, LOL.

If gm was not saved by facism u.s.a they would have be the first to go bankrupt and remember that toyota for 2 years in a row lost billions for the first time in almost 80 years. We are serve by international goverment all over the f*ckin*
world instead of been serve by privately onw carguys.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2010, 06:22:20 pm »
Ok  :popcorn:

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2010, 08:50:52 pm »
You said it, pal. I have no idea what you said, but you said it... :think: ???
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2010, 10:44:41 am »

Hoo boy, another blindly-loyal fanboy who thinks that nationality X is not just a litmus test, but the best litmus test out there, for quality...

Ahhh ,quality......I owned a 06 Acura TL and it was the most unreliable vehicle ever..2000kms the transmission was shuttering..known Honda problem...just out of warranty the waterpump started leaking...$2000 bill to repair the waterpump and timing belt,other Honda issues......My sisters Pilot had the same problems..I got blinded by the b.s praised reviews of imports,like Americans got swindled by Obama !!
I drove a Sebring 3.5 it had every bit the power of my Acura and the new 200 has a better ride alot more power  it should be alot better !! As for reliability in Canada Chrysler is the 2nd best selling car company and I know many people with them and they have less quality/reliability problems with Chrysler's than my Acura and Lexus had..I also own a 03 Dodge Ram,bought to tow my boat..but served as a reliable daily driver as my Acura is a rolling lemon,long sold and good ridence..220,000k on my Ram and 0 problems !!!my 06 Acura would never do that,and didnt !!

Dan

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2010, 07:35:41 pm »
It's about time Chrysler gets with the program and start to design something other than "retro" cars. But eventhough they are going into the right direction this car still looks way too much like the sebring to me. They need completely new models not just revamped older cars to compete with thier competition. Both Ford and Chev have completely reivented themselves.

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2010, 08:37:20 pm »
It's about time Chrysler gets with the program and start to design something other than "retro" cars. But eventhough they are going into the right direction this car still looks way too much like the sebring to me. They need completely new models not just revamped older cars to compete with thier competition. Both Ford and Chev have completely reivented themselves.

The totally revised car is coming. Keep in mind that Ford has also used existing platforms and modernized them. Fusion, anyone?
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons