Author Topic: What would you have done?  (Read 4016 times)

Offline Angry Chicken

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +131/-157
  • Don't get Clucky Angry!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: drei Deutsche
Re: What would you have done?
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 10:17:57 pm »
Yeah, I'll have to change my mind on this one.  I assumed other provinces had the same testing rules as we have here in Ontariariario.  The old dear should be reported. 

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: What would you have done?
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 10:22:30 pm »
Senior represent as significant a risk to drive as new drivers.  This is an easy fix.

So what would you do, arbitrarily set an age when people can't drive anymore? What age?

I know of people in their forties who can't drive because of unexpected medical conditions. I also knew a fellow a few years ago who was sharp as a tack and still driving safely in his ninties.

If it's testing you're talking about, they're supposedly doing that here already but it doesn't work for reasons I've already outlined.

What we need is a system not only responsive to public safety needs but the needs of these people as well. We should remember that we're all going to be there some day.

Do plenty of things.  Limit times/speeds/highways that they can drive on in addition to yearly testing.  Treat them as new driver's.  Get some demerit points?  You lose your license, like a new driver.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...