Author Topic: Road-rage in Kingston  (Read 8842 times)

Leviathan

Re: Road-rage in Kingston
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2010, 02:24:03 pm »

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +172/-99
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: A Beater and an Ascent
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:08 am »
Yeah, I don't get it.  First time I saw that video I was floored that the BMW driver was so upset. 

JQ

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 09:23:56 pm »
@ johngenx

no reason to call others douchebags, if you weren't there, don't judge

the mazda driver wanted to follow someone and he asked for it

the video looks distorted, as if it was stretched somehow... look at how long the dashboard is and the fact that it's straight, not curved

for all you know the mazda driver was following much closer than what you see in the video and much closer that speed limit

finally, when the bmw driver got out, the mazda driver sounded like a :censor: nerd, almost :censor: his pants, apologizing... not so tough when reality sets in and he's faced with a real man...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:00 pm »
@ johngenx

the video looks distorted, as if it was stretched somehow... look at how long the dashboard is and the fact that it's straight, not curved

for all you know the mazda driver was following much closer than what you see in the video and much closer that speed limit

finally, when the bmw driver got out, the mazda driver sounded like a :censor: nerd, almost :censor: his pants, apologizing... not so tough when reality sets in and he's faced with a real man...

BMW driver is a douchebag-asshat.  And what did you want this Mazda guy to do?  Some of us here may have KOed Mr. BMW Hero.....but most people DO apologize if they see someone upset.

So to clarify your point....The guy in the BMW who goes bananas and exhibits anti-social behavior is NOT a douche-bag, and the polite guy who apologizes is a nerd?  Is that it??   ::)

Or were you the douche in the BMW??
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 09:50:29 pm »
...you the douche...

Edited for clarity and accuracy.

vdk

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 10:30:46 pm »
Some people have jobs where a criminal record for assault is not acceptable.

That is all.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010, 12:41:07 am »
Some people have jobs where a criminal record for assault is not acceptable...

True.  Is it worth potentially ruining your career/life to get into it with that moron?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2010, 01:13:39 am »
Some people have jobs where a criminal record for assault is not acceptable...

True.  Is it worth potentially ruining your career/life to get into it with that moron?

I suppose you could say something sassy and see if he punches first...then it's game on!

Offline dash

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Acura RLX hybrid
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2010, 08:51:03 am »
RR-most anti-social behavior is not called upon, why, either we don’t care enough (or have become too used to it) or for fear that person may actually bring you harm. Plus the ramifications that come along with the particular event, it is a shame though, cause most bullies/criminals know it.   
"Why be quiet, and thought a fool, when you can speak up and remove all doubt"

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2010, 10:52:38 am »
I don't understand why the driver of the BMW was so upset.  Someone in a lowly Mazda was following him on a spirited drive on a curvy road.  So what's wrong with that?  I'm going to assume that his ego was permanently damaged by having someone keep up with him.

Me, if I'm doing something like that, I'm happy to find a kindred spirit.  Makes the driving more fun.

The obvious conclusion to draw is that the BMW driver suffers from some sort of inferiority complex, and has the BMW to compensate for his own shortcomings.
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2010, 11:32:30 am »
I don't understand why the driver of the BMW was so upset.  Someone in a lowly Mazda was following him on a spirited drive on a curvy road.  So what's wrong with that?  I'm going to assume that his ego was permanently damaged by having someone keep up with him.

Me, if I'm doing something like that, I'm happy to find a kindred spirit.  Makes the driving more fun.

The obvious conclusion to draw is that the BMW driver suffers from some sort of inferiority complex, and has the BMW to compensate for his own shortcomings.
If it was a red BMW, it would of been very short :rofl2:

Offline Baron von Raschke

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2010, 11:27:22 pm »
@ johngenx

BMW driver is a douchebag-asshat.  And what did you want this Mazda guy to do?  Some of us here may have KOed Mr. BMW Hero.....but most people DO apologize if they see someone upset.

So to clarify your point....The guy in the BMW who goes bananas and exhibits anti-social behavior is NOT a douche-bag, and the polite guy who apologizes is a nerd?  Is that it??   ::)

Or were you the douche in the BMW??

Agreed.  No excuse for that type of behaviour. 

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2010, 11:50:00 pm »
I suppose you could say something sassy and see if he punches first...then it's game on!

I know your comment is a bit tongue in cheek, but seriously, with just the two of you out there on the highway, it would be a he-said-you-said kinda thing that could end up poorly.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2010, 06:25:56 am »

I know your comment is a bit tongue in cheek, but seriously, with just the two of you out there on the highway, it would be a he-said-you-said kinda thing that could end up poorly.

No...there was video running, remember?  It would be quite obvious who threw the first punch....

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2010, 09:31:51 am »
I'm sad that in our society people are afraid to give an swerver a shot in the chin.

I've been "tuned-in" a couple of times over my span...both times...I deserved it and it taught me a bit of humility.

IMHO, BMW driver needs a tuning.
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 04:03:58 am »
I'm sad that in our society people are afraid to give an swerver a shot in the chin.

I've been "tuned-in" a couple of times over my span...both times...I deserved it and it taught me a bit of humility.

IMHO, BMW driver needs a tuning.

+1.  I've also had my fair share of tune-ups...and given them too.  I know if it were me, it would have been tough to let Mr. BMW get away with crap like that....

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 09:55:23 am »
Defend your MS3?

It's a car.  It needs no defending.  It won't suffer psychological issues from following a BMW.

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:35 am »
Defend your MS3?

It's a car.  It needs no defending.  It won't suffer psychological issues from following a BMW.

It might....it may stop smiling  :rofl2:

vdk

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2010, 11:08:36 am »
Defend your MS3?

It might....it may stop smiling  :rofl2:

Thank god!

Offline Mike

• Car Crazy
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2010, 02:10:37 pm »
What? Cars don't have feelings?

I dunno, this little guy seems to be a good mood