Author Topic: Road-rage in Kingston  (Read 8846 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Road-rage in Kingston
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 04:50:45 pm »
Kind of low priority but perhaps they will track down and talk to mr. rage first and then call you.  I'd give them a few days.

With the plate # I'm pretty sure you can look up who the owner is by doing a lookup at a ServiceOntario kiosk (@$20 UVIP package)

Wouldn't that make you a stalker??   ;)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 04:56:55 pm »
Vigilante.  ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 07:55:19 pm »
I think a lot of road-ragers are just out looking for a target for their anger and will find somebody that'll :censor: them off somehow.

BTW, KPD have not called back.  I'm not surprised. :popo: ::)
I had some guy brake test me while I was driving through Queens the other day.  Right in front of the sports arena.  The light had turned green and we were all going through the light and he suddenly jammed his brakes.  I just got around him and he rolled down his window and flipped me the bird while he just sat there in the middle of the intersection blocking traffic and horns blaring.  Then he finally got under way, overtook me and slammed the brakes right in front of someone else while crossing Johnson (?) street.  It was around 1 in the morning so I dunno...

Kingston's got some strange characters. Wonder if it's a local who didn't get into Queen's or somehow thinks anyone driving a car on campus is a rich kid (some are but a lot are just older students who had work a few years before they started university) and wanted to do something about it. Funny how cops are everywhere catching speeders but never anywhere to catch those crazies.

Does not Kingston have 60% of the people working depending of receiving their money from the government directly or indirectly

Offline Skippy

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +2/-0
  • Just me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »
Rich kid?  LOL!! Maybe it was so dark out that he didn't notice the ancient Hyundai Accent that I'm driving!!!!  :)

Offline Blue01

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 12:11:12 am »
I think a lot of road-ragers are just out looking for a target for their anger and will find somebody that'll :censor: them off somehow.

BTW, KPD have not called back.  I'm not surprised. :popo: ::)

blur911,
Be patient, the cops usually assign a number of non-emergency cases to one of their guys when they have a quiet day.  They then go through all the cases, one-by-one and eventually they will get to yours.  I doubt it will be ignored.  At the very least, they will contact the offending driver and that will hopefully shake him up.  But at least he will now be in the system.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 10:07:30 am »
She called Kingston police to report it around 2pm, so far they apparently don't care enough about this sort of thing to call back.

Well its hard to pull oneself away from the local Timmies...I guess they are addictive.  :rofl:

As for road rage, I have seen instances where the person that initiated the whole event is the one who should be accused of road rage and not the one that stands out as being the "nut".

Having been exposed to different driving cultures, we sure are a very frustrated bunch of people with no need to be.
What you won't find in my car is a coffee, cigarette and a cell phone. What you will find is a driver; imagine that, a driver in a vehicle. What an effing concept!
A car has to do more than just perform; it has to stir your soul!
A true driver's car does not have cup holders.

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:22 am »
Some people are just nut jobs!

Instead of waiting for Kingston PD to call you back, try going to the police station with your photo and your story and ask to speak to an officer.  The should be someone on duty who could help you out.
"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Marko

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2010, 06:15:04 pm »
Did everyone see this road rage?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20SNMdo3B3o

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:15 am »

This boggles the mind.

And of course it had to be a 335 driver. ;D
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

vdk

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2010, 01:42:10 am »

This boggles the mind.

And of course it had to be a 335 driver. ;D

The roundel makes the man?

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:45 am »
His mother probably leased it for him when he stopped wetting the bed and sucking his thumb. Idiot.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline No H2O

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-35
  • Alps Adventurer
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Acura RDX Elite, 1995 Porsche 993 Carrera, 2015 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS and a slew of motorcycles.
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2010, 08:42:41 am »

This boggles the mind.

Yes it does, especially after reading the captions in that video by the shithead in the shitbox...

"Oh wait, its a 335i...sweet!" & "Ohhh, ohhh. Yes!"

"I noticed he is driving somewhat briskly...awesome!" & "Lets dance!"

Some drivers like to go out and have a brisk drive without having a shitbox pick up the pace and turning it into a possible race.

It looks like the guy in the Mazda was looking for just that. The Mazda driver should just go and drive his own drive.

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2010, 09:14:12 am »
it's difficult to say given that there are no indications as to what speed these drivers are driving on this 2 lane road, but if i were the BMW driver :

1. I would not have jumped in in front of the mazda unless i was pretty sure i wouldn't impede his progress.
2. if i did, I would have been reasonably sure i could "dance" thru these paths with mazda at the boundary of speed limit.  i wouldn't go much faster, and if mazda was maintaining his distance, i would have been perfectly happy.   

BUT at least we know the BMW driver was watching his rear view mirror.  there are so many drivers that never pay any attention to the rear view mirrors...

with regards to road rage in general, i try not to be an a*hole.  i don't think i ever "brake check"ed anybody, even though some try awful hard riding my rear when i'm stuck behind someone on highway blocking the left lane.

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2010, 10:10:48 am »

This boggles the mind.

Yes it does, especially after reading the captions in that video by the shithead in the shitbox...

"Oh wait, its a 335i...sweet!" & "Ohhh, ohhh. Yes!"

"I noticed he is driving somewhat briskly...awesome!" & "Lets dance!"

Some drivers like to go out and have a brisk drive without having a shitbox pick up the pace and turning it into a possible race.

It looks like the guy in the Mazda was looking for just that. The Mazda driver should just go and drive his own drive.

I did not see a problem with Mazda, he was a safe distance back the whole video
The guy in the Bimmer has a major problem, why the fack would he stop in such a dangers location

Offline Guy

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +481/-1206
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium, 2019 Volvo XC40 Momentum
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2010, 11:49:17 am »
Yes, if he did'nt like the Mazda following him he could have easily pulled to the side in a safe area and let the Mazda go.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:32 pm »
looks to me like the Mazda guy gave him MILES of space, someone was insecure.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2010, 12:38:59 pm »
looks to me like the Mazda guy gave him KM of space, someone was insecure.

I fix your statement , please keep up to the old guy on the metric stuff  :rofl2:

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2010, 12:47:32 pm »
haha, nobody says that :P

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2010, 01:58:25 pm »
BMW driver = fucktard douchebag.  I think the dude in the Mazda was just too shocked to react other than drive away...

...which is good.  Just leave the douchebag alone.  Confrontations like that can end up bad, and why risk so much over literally nothing?

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010, 02:22:47 pm »
...the BMW driver is really smart for stopping suddenly in the middle of a highway...  ::)