Author Topic: Some SOB keyed my car  (Read 2649 times)

Offline PlanB

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Forester 2.5, 2006 Impreza 2.5, 2008 Honda VFR 800Fi
Re: Some SOB keyed my car
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2010, 01:24:08 pm »

I would not have an issue with making them an example for all to see...target practice for example. I guess you can tell I'm not a bleeding heart type.

I feel that anyone caught (and found guilty) of these types of crimes (property damage) should be held accountable in that they pay for 100% of the damages (including loss of work/rental car/child-care ect...that the victim has to suffer plus they get a criminal record and serve a debt to society in some form depending on the crime (volunteer time or such).  In greater crimes, just increase the penalty and/or add jail time. 

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »
Moral to the story - big name bodyshops will plunder the uninformed. 

I think this is true.

That said, there's also some element of "you get what you pay for". I had a bumper sprayed by a small shop on the cheap. It looked great for a couple months, and then started flaking off big time.

The cheapskates didn't bother to prime the bumper! They just sprayed it!

I got another bumper resprayed to fix some cosmetic damage, this time on the recommendation of a guy who ran a small used car lot (not your usual sleaze ball... a step or two up from him). Great work, less money, and AFAIK it still looks good (I've since sold the car, but my parents see it around from time to time).

Long story short, talk to people that have used the shop before. Sounds like you've got a trustworthy recommendation, so I think you can sleep pretty soundly. :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 04:06:34 pm »
Toronto=Cesspool
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline gotak

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +3/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 07:26:57 pm »
I found more scratches. Not from keying but looks like already has parking lot rash. Wow. Maybe just have to accept this is a battle I'll lose :P.

Oh wells if it's not rusting, the car still drives fine I am a happy clam.

Offline Thinking Out Loud

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-16
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '16 Suzuki M50 Boulevard + '19 Frontier Pro4X + 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 'vert + '09 Altima SL Coupe
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 08:31:45 pm »
That said, there's also some element of "you get what you pay for". I had a bumper sprayed by a small shop on the cheap. It looked great for a couple months, and then started flaking off big time.

The cheapskates didn't bother to prime the bumper! They just sprayed it!

That sounds like the high quality work on most taxicabs fleet colours in TO - they just spray paint over the names on the trunks, too!   :rofl: 

Fortune favours the bold!