Author Topic: Product Review: Parrot Bluetooth Advanced Hands-Free Car Kit  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
Product Review: Parrot Bluetooth Advanced Hands-Free Car Kit
« on: September 16, 2010, 04:01:54 am »

After having a Parrot MKi9200 hands-free built-in Bluetooth and audio system professionally installed in his 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe, reviewer Frank Rizzuti says it performs almost as well as most factory installed systems.

Read More...

Offline Gardiner Westbound

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +22/-32
    • View Profile
Re: Product Review: Parrot Bluetooth Advanced Hands-Free Car Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:04:07 pm »
Seems like a lot of money to spend when alternate competent units are available for 25-50 percent of the cost.
"When you invent a better mousetrap the mice tend to get smarter." - Willie Gingrich

Big Shooter

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 03:58:49 pm »
Seems like a lot of money to spend when alternate competent units are available for 25-50 percent of the cost.

Yeah, at THAT price, I could buy a new head unit and have everything integrated!?  :-\

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:16:19 pm »
They are very pricey in part due to the install harness etc. A friend has one and its a very nice piece of gear but compared to the units integrated into new cars or even aftermarket head units its nothing special. I get 70% of the function out of my $89 Parrot speakerphone. I guess its the price you pay if you have say a leased car that you want to integrate bluetooth without replacing the head unit?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7217
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 04:18:07 pm »
Yup.....Pioneer DEH-710BT Bluetooth headunit was friggin awesome!!  Cost me $309 USD installed and out the door.
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 08:44:49 pm »
I too don't understand why anyone would opt for this over simply replacing the head unit. I suppose in some modern cars its tough/expensive to make an aftermarket head unit blend into the dash, but this doesn't exactly blend right in, either... ???

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7217
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 08:47:48 pm »
I too don't understand why anyone would opt for this over simply replacing the head unit. I suppose in some modern cars its tough/expensive to make an aftermarket head unit blend into the dash, but this doesn't exactly blend right in, either... ???

True..on some cars, the stock system is pretty complex or very, very good (both were the case on our Lexus')