Author Topic: First Drive: 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
First Drive: 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
« on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:46 am »

The new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid is quieter than the Ford Fusion Hybrid on which it's based, says Chris Chase, and more importantly, more comfortable and refined than the Lexus HS 250h, which Lincoln identifies as the MKZ's closest competitor.

Read More...

Offline bikenut

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: First Drive: 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:33 pm »
though you can drive around town on electric power only ,you can't tell when the gas powered motor kicks in on the fusion hybrid - same powertrain - which is a disadvantage

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 03:55:46 pm »
First of all, I don't really think that luxury car buyers care that much about fuel economy. Second, one look at this car and it screams FUSION! That's not necessarily a bad thing, but at 42 large? The MKZ Hybrid is no doubt a fine vehicle, but if I had that kind of money to spend I'd want something a little less boring. :)
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 04:05:31 pm »
First of all, I don't really think that luxury car buyers care that much about fuel economy. Second, one look at this car and it screams FUSION! That's not necessarily a bad thing, but at 42 large? The MKZ Hybrid is no doubt a fine vehicle, but if I had that kind of money to spend I'd want something a little less boring. :)

Yea, but you bought a Versa, and there certainly are less boring cars in that segment too.

Different stroke for different folks....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 03:10:06 am »

Yea, but you bought a Versa, and there certainly are less boring cars in that segment too.

Different stroke for different folks....

As far as excitement goes, the MKZ Hybrid and my Versa are pretty much neck-and-neck. 'Nuff said... ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:21:56 am by Schmengie »