Author Topic: First Drive: 2011 Nissan Juke  (Read 52952 times)

Offline sacrat

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +21/-64
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford Escape Titanium; 2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD;2014 Hyundai Elantra GL ; 2012 Infiniti G37X
Re: First Drive: 2011 Nissan Juke
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2010, 12:53:46 am »
It's not that I don't get why some might really not care for the styling of this car, but I have to admit, a Tribeca owner ragging on the styling did have me thinking "Holy glass houses Batman!".  :o

Jaeger

Reminded me of the Ford 500 owner complaining that the Malibu was bland
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin Luther King, Jr.

OK

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:29 pm »
Difference but nice....if nissan can get over it's poor paint issues, bad transmission issues and weak dealer network....this might be a good buy (maybe)

Alex

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2010, 05:51:09 pm »
I absolutely LOVE IT. That engine is one of the BEST in this category, along side with the 2.0T from Audi/Volks I drove. Sure it's smaller but I think it will do the job. I can't wait to test it. The design is very refreshing, young and bold. The interior the same. I like IT A LOT!!!

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »
Difference but nice....if nissan can get over it's poor paint issues, bad transmission issues and weak dealer network....this might be a good buy (maybe)

Hello OK, you OK?  Welcome to planet earth, enjoy a coffee while we service your spacecraft then GTFO.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2010, 09:12:28 am »
They had a clip it on Motoring 2010
Man, it has an ugly front end, it looks like a small Aztec

Steve

« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:34 am »
I've had the opportunity to sit in the new Juke and I'm not sure where all the styling comments come from.  The car is stylish, radical, and definitely a breath of fresh air.  Nissan is definitely innovative and branching out on their own.  I remember when the Murano came out people thought it was radical and Nissan has sold the Murano very well.  I think it'll be virtually impossible to get one for the first 6 months, they're going to sell very well.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2010, 02:39:13 pm »
"Nissan says the Juke does not have any direct competitors, but will be cross-shopped with vehicles like the Toyota Matrix AWD, Mazda3 Sport, VW GTI and Mini Cooper. It’s interesting that they don’t mention any other small SUVs…"

Intersting.... there is a very direct competitor for the Juke and that is the new Mitsubishi RVR going on sale about the same time. Same concept, different interpretation.

The Juke will have the edge on the power front though, but it will be interesting to compare the fuel economy. The Juke is not up on the EPA website yet, but the RVR is and it posts very good numbers - 26/27 mpg combined.
The price will be in the same range as well I believe. In the US the RVR (Outlander Sport) starts at $18.5K w/ 5MT and FWD.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:42:59 pm by carcrazy »

Offline Cory X

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2010, 10:31:50 am »
Seriously,this thing is UGLY !!!

Imports have the UGLIEST vehicles !!

Line this turd besude an Element,Rondo ect...and have an ugly car contest !!

Offline blizzard35

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2010, 10:59:28 am »
Car Business with Jeremy Cato and Michael Vaughan did a segmant on the Juke a couple of weeks ago and they were "quite" impressed.
I really don't mind the looks of it at all...it certainly is no Pontiac Aztec...now that was a DOG! IMO

LongDono

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2010, 10:10:47 pm »
I was extremely excited about this vehicle until you look at what Nissan Canada thinks you should pay for it.

Base SL 22,559 + CVT 500 + AWD 1500 + Navigation/Upgraded Speakers/Leather 0 (included in trim)
Nissan USA = 24,550

Base SL 23,548 + CVT 1300 + AWD 1800 + Navigation/Upgraded Speakers/Leather 2,600 (Navigation Package)
Nissan Canada = 29,248  >:(  (Figures obtained from Car Cost Canada and confirmed elsewhere)

Ridiculous. The only way to get the upgraded speakers/sub is via the Navigation Package. Why would I buy a Sport Cross with standard audio?  ???
Guess I'll have to see what sales end up doing to that price after a year...  :(

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2010, 08:24:56 pm »
Everything Greg Wilson said about the AWD JUKE is fact, although I think he understated it a wee bit.  This unit is exceptionally fast in the 0-100 kph range and the handling is remarkable in vector mode.  It was raining tonight and I beat this unit as hard as I could and was nowhere close to loosing it on corners.  I had the VSC off.   It's quiet, the CVT shifting is unlike most other CVT Nissans.  It's perfect in this vehicle; very solid.  The seats and the trim are excellent.  Just a fabulous car.  Get ready to see a lot of JUKES.  :)

major up:

torque sensing front and rear axles with display, can be turned off as can the AWD.  This torque distribution thing is critical to the essence of the vehicle.

downers:

no auto headlights  :think:

as mentioned by last poster, upgraded radio with XM is tied to NAV package, which is not the case with Nissans in general.   :think:

no 6 speed manual in AWD.  :think:

Here's a few pics.  Engine cover just snaps off and on.

Twin turbo is near firewall, passenger side

Funky munky

« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2010, 10:59:23 pm »
  This is a well-equipped, funky little crossover!  I was in the market for a commuter vehicle and when I sat in the Juke I knew my search was over.  It's going to look great parked in my driveway right beside my Toyota FJ, another great, edgy vehicle.

notroll: :banana:

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2010, 01:01:06 am »
Seriously,this thing is UGLY !!!

Imports have the UGLIEST vehicles !!

Line this turd besude an Element,Rondo ect...and have an ugly car contest !!
Perhaps it can be slotted in next to the Aztek, Malibu Maxx, Calibre or perhaps the Uplander? Ugly cars are not only to be found in import brands. Domestics can do just as good a job too!

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2010, 08:51:38 am »
Well, I prepared myself for some negativity and what not. Everywhere I've gone so far, malls, gas bars, workplace I've only received positive stuff, like "cool" "awesome" "love it", go figure ;D 

Worked overnight, came home in the wee hours, had the 417 to myself............. ;D

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2010, 12:39:38 pm »
i should check one of these out...i kind of like the utility and compactness of it...does it run on regular unleaded without any power loss, or do you need premium?

i will visit the Nissan website to see how much one costs the way i want it.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »
i should check one of these out...i kind of like the utility and compactness of it...does it run on regular unleaded without any power loss, or do you need premium?

regular? no idea, have not tried, manual says 91 recommended. Don't know what happens if I don't.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »

regular? no idea, have not tried, manual says 91 recommended. Don't know what happens if I don't.
Probably like most cars these days... The control unit backs off on the timings to compensate for the lower octane. That's usually what they mean when they say recommended... If it's required then usually another story but don't take my word for it here folks :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7217
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »

It would be fine in a pinch...as long as you stay out of boost.

Another person complaining about the extra $5 a week that it cost to run premium.... :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2010, 05:27:14 pm »
Finally saw the Juke in the "real" - two of them at the local Nissan dealers. Both SV models. One in a maroony-red, and one in an off-white. The red one looked better to me. The car actually looks better in real, than in photos. It's rather "cute" in a Mini-sort of way. It is more macho than feminine, IMO. The driveline stats are impressive.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Schmengie

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +27/-26
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2010, 06:23:50 pm »
I just had to see the Juke for myself, so I popped over to the dealer the other day to have a look. It looks surprisingly different in the 'steel' than it does in pictures, mostly better, especially from the base of the windshield back. The back looks great, with a distinct touch of Infiniti to it.

However, the one part I was hoping would look better - the front - actually looks worse IMO. A lot worse, unfortunately - I just can't help seeing an unsanforized Aztec, but I guess that's just me. Other than that, and the goofy name, I can't see much to complain about. The mechanicals sure are appealing.
' Saw an Alfalfa Romeeo go by - furrin sports car forty feet long, mebbe nine inches high.' - Charlie Farquharson