Author Topic: 2011 Buick Regal CXL; Day 1  (Read 82251 times)

diceman

Re: 2011 Buick Regal CXL; Day 1
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »
God knows I'm a GM fanboy but really, as nice as the Regal is the motor needs an upgrade. Jaeger is just stating what anybody who has driven the car knows. Me included.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2010, 10:23:18 pm »
If this Regal flops, will that be it for the Oshawa plant  ???  What else is going on in there other than the Camero? 

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2010, 10:57:19 pm »
one car we didn't have in the "comparo" was the Ford Fusion Sport...it's $33k right now...12 speaker, 390 watt Sony audio system, 3.5L V6 with 263 HP and 249 ft pounds of torque, leather and premium interior trim package, AWD and it won car of the year recently...even without the "deals", it is about $38 which is on par with the Turbo in terms of pricing, but still offers more power and more features.
the Regal is nice...it is just far too expensive.

At $38K, the Regal is loaded with everything, except the adjustable suspension option. What features, apart from the powertrain difrences, does the Fusion Sport have and the Regal does not?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:05:23 pm by carcrazy »

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »
Equinox

Actually, Ingersol.  The old Suzuki plant.

When GM moved the pickups out of Oshawa I had a bad feeling.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2010, 11:29:38 pm »
Follow-uphttp://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/26/general-motors-adding-chevrolet-equinox-production-at-oshawa-mo/

Followed the link.  :bow2:  Together with a third shift of Equinox/Transverse I saw that the Impala is made in Oshawa, exclusively I believe, which is very good because it's inconceivable that GM will let that nameplate die.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:49 pm »
At $38K, the Regal is loaded with everything, except the adjustable suspension option. What features, apart from the powertrain difrences, does the Fusion Sport have and the Regal does not?

you can get a Fusion Sport for $33k though, not $38...there might be a few other things as well, but more power, more features and AWD, all for $5k less...that's a pretty big deal...if if the price were the same, there still is a couple of features you do get, along with more power and AWD...you still can't lose.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

goonboy

« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2010, 11:56:20 pm »
German built or not, a Buick is about as relevant or desirable as used underwear.

Truth be told

« Reply #307 on: September 05, 2010, 11:12:45 pm »
The Buick totally missed it's target buyer, Grampy.  It's overpriced, slow, has flat seating and a cramped rear seat.  This car will probably need  deep price rebates to be moved. 

CatsEye68

« Reply #308 on: September 06, 2010, 11:15:30 am »
The Buick totally missed it's target buyer, Grampy.  It's overpriced, slow, has flat seating and a cramped rear seat.  This car will probably need  deep price rebates to be moved. 

Now, now, Jaeger, er, Mr. Guest, we already had to tell you once in the other thread, so we'll tell you again: the rear seat is far from cramped, the seats are similar to every other car in its class, and it doesn't compete against the grampy-class Avalon. But if it did, it has one helluva price advantage.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #309 on: September 06, 2010, 12:06:49 pm »

All points well taken.  For some reason, when I point out the shortcomings of the motor it is perceived as highly controversial - never mind that the review said the same thing.  ::)  A very good chassis in want of an equally good motor sums it up nicely.

Jaeger

Grandpa, just be happy Buick makes a car for you - it's here now and ready for your sleepy Sunday cruise.  It won't EVER snap your head back and sprain your fragile neck. Buy one, it'll make you happy and make them happy. They have a model coming out that should appeal a bit more to actual enthusiasts - capable handling and enough motor to get out of its own way.  Don't hate us because we like that one better.

Jaeger

No, that isn't the problem at all. If you had stated that in your opinion it was underpowered, I'd disagree, but wouldn't have any issue with it. What you have done repeatedly is berate people who disagree with your opinion, as if you and you alone were the sole arbiter of such things. Your pompous arrogance is what I, and others, object to.

:winner: well said SOofL

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12390
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2010, 01:46:40 pm »
God knows I'm a GM fanboy but really, as nice as the Regal is the motor needs an upgrade. Jaeger is just stating what anybody who has driven the car knows. Me included.

And this right here is the difference between a real GM fan and a silly little crybaby slappie.  I can respect the former, but the latter just make me laugh.  But hey, I enjoy a good laugh - and they never seem to tire of providing good material.  ;D

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2010, 02:07:49 pm »

And this right here is the difference between a real GM fan and a silly little crybaby slappie.  I can respect the former, but the latter just make me laugh.  But hey, I enjoy a good laugh - and they never seem to tire of providing good material.  ;D

Jaeger

Ad hominem again.  ::)

You really are a bit of a one trick pony.

I've always said the base motor was adequate, for that you've repeatedly attacked me personally. Bewildering, but not especially bothersome. It seems that your not being able to convince me to see things your way has reduced you to character assassination. I'm not exactly sure what you think this will accomplish, but your call.

As far as "slappy":
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:12:05 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2010, 02:32:26 pm »

So tell me, who do you think you are impressing with your one tired phrase in Latin that you trot out over and over and over again?  Talk about a one-trick pony.  :rofl:  As for "character assasination" goes - wow dude, you take yourself waaaaaaaaay too seriously.  Please try to grab some perspective while you still can.  And be wary of your great big glass house if you're going to start chucking rocks about.

You are the one so desperately wedded to a car that you will not stop until everyone agrees that it has been graced with a worthy motor. I hate to break it to you, but in you're in for a long wait on that one.  One of the (thankfully many) differences between us is that I couldn't care less that you think this a motor worthy of a sports sedan.  You think it's a great motor - fine - doesn't change my life one bit whether you qualify your every statement to that effect with "in my opinion" or not.   ::) Which seems to be some imaginary law passed by you that applies to me and nobody else.  I find it funny - but it sure doesn't upset me in any way.  Your head seems to explode any time this car is describes - warning... here it comes again..... SLOW!  Why you care so much what I think, I can't begin to fathom.  I know Catgirl has a creepy obsessive mancrush going, but I didn't figure you to walk that way.

Maybe you just have an excessive supply of righteous indignation and you have found my posts to provide an outlet for same?  Beats me - that's for you and your shrink to work out.  You are the one following me around the forum, not the other way around.   Just look at how many times you have quoted my posts in this and other threads. No, I'm not going to count them - I have a life.

But do try to relax.  If you love this car, I am happy for you.

Be well, relax and go buy a Buick.

I will now make every effort to return to simply declining to respond to your posts, but it sounded like you needed to be pulled back from the ledge.  Feel free to like what you like.  Just don't expect everyone to feel the same and life will be much happier for you.  And remember - nobody is forcing you to read my posts, much less to endlessly quote and reply to them.

Jaeger
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 02:39:55 pm by Jaeger »

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #313 on: September 06, 2010, 03:13:23 pm »
Now, now, Jaeger, er, Mr. Guest, we already had to tell you once in the other thread, so we'll tell you again: the rear seat is far from cramped, the seats are similar to every other car in its class, and it doesn't compete against the grampy-class Avalon. But if it did, it has one helluva price advantage.
psst...a loaded Regal Turbo is going to be $43k...that is actually MORE than the Avalon.

of course, you could always look at the loaded non-turbo model, which is $38,845.

or, for $8k less, you can get the loaded Sonata, which has more interior space, more HP, more Torque, better fuel economy, a better warranty and it comes from a company who promotes value and quality.

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #314 on: September 06, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »

you can get a Fusion Sport for $33k though, not $38...there might be a few other things as well, but more power, more features and AWD, all for $5k less...that's a pretty big deal...if if the price were the same, there still is a couple of features you do get, along with more power and AWD...you still can't lose.

You did not answer my question, if you care to back-up your statements- name few feature in the Fusion Sport not available in the Regal (except for the powertrain).

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7211
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 06, 2010, 04:44:08 pm »

You did not answer my question, if you care to back-up your statements- name few feature in the Fusion Sport not available in the Regal (except for the powertrain).

Sync?  Blind Spot warning? SLA suspension? Do I win a prize?

But I think the powertrain is one of the most compelling reasons to get the Fusion.  It has some power and the Regal is under-powered.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:00:27 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #316 on: September 06, 2010, 05:47:29 pm »

So tell me, who do you think you are impressing with your one tired phrase in Latin that you trot out over and over and over again?  Talk about a one-trick pony.  :rofl:  As for "character assasination" goes - wow dude, you take yourself waaaaaaaaay too seriously.  Please try to grab some perspective while you still can.  And be wary of your great big glass house if you're going to start chucking rocks about.

You are the one so desperately wedded to a car that you will not stop until everyone agrees that it has been graced with a worthy motor. I hate to break it to you, but in you're in for a long wait on that one.  One of the (thankfully many) differences between us is that I couldn't care less that you think this a motor worthy of a sports sedan.  You think it's a great motor - fine - doesn't change my life one bit whether you qualify your every statement to that effect with "in my opinion" or not.   ::) Which seems to be some imaginary law passed by you that applies to me and nobody else.  I find it funny - but it sure doesn't upset me in any way.  Your head seems to explode any time this car is describes - warning... here it comes again..... SLOW!  Why you care so much what I think, I can't begin to fathom.  I know Catgirl has a creepy obsessive mancrush going, but I didn't figure you to walk that way.

Maybe you just have an excessive supply of righteous indignation and you have found my posts to provide an outlet for same?  Beats me - that's for you and your shrink to work out.  You are the one following me around the forum, not the other way around.   Just look at how many times you have quoted my posts in this and other threads. No, I'm not going to count them - I have a life.

But do try to relax.  If you love this car, I am happy for you.

Be well, relax and go buy a Buick.

I will now make every effort to return to simply declining to respond to your posts, but it sounded like you needed to be pulled back from the ledge.  Feel free to like what you like.  Just don't expect everyone to feel the same and life will be much happier for you.  And remember - nobody is forcing you to read my posts, much less to endlessly quote and reply to them.

Jaeger

Ad hominem abuse (also called personal abuse or personal attacks) usually involves insulting or belittling one's opponent in order to invalidate his or her argument, but can also involve pointing out factual but ostensible character flaws or actions which are irrelevant to the opponent's argument. This tactic is logically fallacious because insults and even true negative facts about the opponent's personal character have nothing to do with the logical merits of the opponent's arguments or assertions

And no, I'm not leaving. I'm in the thread because I genuinely like the car. You are apparently here to bully people into agreeing with you, which isn't going to happen in my case.

You can carry on if you wish, attacking me personally, but I don't understand the purpose of it.

This is a car with a perfectly adequate base engine. You don't like it, which is fine, I do, which is also fine. Two other engines are destined to show up, they may appeal to you more, I don't know. The question is, why are you still in a thread concerning a car, or version thereof, of which you don't personally approve?

The rest of your rant, is just that, a rant. You sound frustrated.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 05:56:06 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 06, 2010, 06:06:06 pm »
Sync?  Blind Spot warning? SLA suspension? Do I win a prize?

But I think the powertrain is one of the most compelling reasons to get the Fusion.  It has some power and the Regal is under-powered.

Power and AWD would be the appeal for me as well.  I'm not really buying the Sync hype.

Jaeger

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:42 pm »
Mad hominem - a crusty old curmudgeon with little Latin and less sense who perpetually presumes to sit in judgment of others.  In my opinion.  ;)

Can I be any more clear than this - I don't care if you love, hate, or are indifferent toward the Buick.  It does not alter or affect my life one iota.  I'm not trying to "bully" anyone - least of all a grumpy old man like you - into agreeing with me about anything.  I don't believe that anyone on here - including you - is so pathetically fragile that they could be "bullied" into doing or thinking anything by what someone posts on a web forum.  If you think differently, well, that's your issue.

Also, suggesting that I am bullying you, when you are the one stalking my every post on these forums is the stuff of comic genius.

Please try to relax... blood pressure and all that....

You can post as often as you like that the Buick is the bestest sports sedan ever - I'm never going to agree with you and I definitely don't expect you to agree with me. So please give your delusions a rest and try to relax, okay?

Jaeger
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 06:38:48 pm by Jaeger »

CatsEye68

« Reply #319 on: September 06, 2010, 06:46:52 pm »
Didn't the mods already tell you to cut it out? Put a cork in it.