Author Topic: 2011 Ford Fiesta SES; Day 1  (Read 39967 times)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Re: 2011 Ford Fiesta SES; Day 1
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2010, 05:38:23 pm »
I'm seeing lots of "Fit vs Fiesta" discussion here but not a lot about where the Nissan Versa ranks in the mix. Versa seems to offer a ton of room,decent power and equipment, and Nissan is offering 1.9% lease and 0% finance rates versus Ford's 9.99% and 6.99%. What do you think?

I shopped the Versa against the Fit before I bought my Fit, and found it came up short. So for me, it would be down to the Fit vs. the Fiesta - the Versa wouldn't even enter into it (until there's a model revision, that is).

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2010, 06:29:42 pm »
If a sporty driving experience isn't high on your list of important features, the Versa is a pretty compelling choice even if it is rather long in the tooth as compared with the others in the segment.  It's probably at or near best in class for interior space and ride comfort - features which are not insignificant to a lot of buyers.  But for me, there's no doubt it would be between the Fit and Fiesta.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline dirtyjeffer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +296/-1312
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Toyota Venza Limited, 2016 Kia Sorento EX AWD
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »
I'm seeing lots of "Fit vs Fiesta" discussion here but not a lot about where the Nissan Versa ranks in the mix. Versa seems to offer a ton of room,decent power and equipment, and Nissan is offering 1.9% lease and 0% finance rates versus Ford's 9.99% and 6.99%. What do you think?

the Fiesta is new, so there aren't really any "deals" (i mentioned this point upthread)...if you like the Fiesta, you might have to wait a bit until the hype wears off...honestly, don't worry about a Versa as it is a great car too (although, i really hate CVT transmissions)...your best bet is to make a list of "must haves" and "would be nice" features...then, pick a budget and check out all the cars that meet your needs and satisfy your budget...also factor in "Would I like to still drive this car in 5 years" if you seriously plan on keeping it a while...any car you can buy now is a good quality car...regarding the "Made in Mexico" comment...the robots in Mexico don't work any different the robots in Canada or the USA...today's modern auto plants are HEAVILY automated...it isn't like the days of the Model T any more when hundreds of people work on an assembly line and put the car together.
When you've lost the argument, admit defeat and hit the smite button.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »
If a sporty driving experience isn't high on your list of important features, the Versa is a pretty compelling choice even if it is rather long in the tooth as compared with the others in the segment.  It's probably at or near best in class for interior space and ride comfort - features which are not insignificant to a lot of buyers.  But for me, there's no doubt it would be between the Fit and Fiesta.

Jaeger

But the one glaring problem with the Versa is it's fuel economy.  From a couple of different sources that I've read, they've said that the avg. mileage is closer to a compact and even most midsized cars.  Don't know if they updated the engines and trans. since they were introduced a few years ago.  I'm referring to the 1.8L 122hp model.

Offline wing

• Big Wig
  • Administrator
  • Carma: +279/-320
  • If you ain't first ... you're last!
    • View Profile
    • Drivesideways
  • Cars: 2009 Lexus ISF, 2009 Lexus LX570,2011 Audi A5 Touring Car
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2010, 07:01:52 am »
Unfortunately I will have to lock this thread since a certain guest cannot refrain from trolling the board about timing belts.