Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab automatic  (Read 20868 times)

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
Re: Test Drive: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab automatic
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »
And they fold up so they use less garage space! ;D
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

CatsEye68

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2010, 05:18:37 pm »
And they fold up so they use less garage space! ;D

I bet that not even our Mr. Artic could net $4K on that, unless scrap prices take a big jump.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2010, 06:19:58 pm »
so  in the stock market would that be called inside trading

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2010, 11:43:12 pm »
AS usual, plenty of useless insightful comments from ppl who have never owned a domestic pickup from any manufacturer regardless of size.

The Taco is just simply a fantastic vehicle.  They don't collapse like the Rangers/ Frontiers et al after the warranty period.  The motor and transmissions are probably the best in the industry.  The things are gold.  Ask any dealer.

I bought a used Hobie Cat and needed to go down to Grand Bend to pick it up on Saturday so I grabbed a 2006 Taco off the lot.  It's an auction vehicle from Quebec  ::) with 124k km on it.  We haven't even had this vehicle in service to look at it.  It was still as tight as the new ones.  Powertrain was great.  It's all many ppl require who desire a "pickup".

We'll net 4K on this vehicle in 2 weeks.  :)

:iagree:
If by useless insightful comments you mean our friend "Mozeby", he drives a 4 cyl Malibu  :rofl2:.  Mozeby, you sure qualify to comment on trucks  :shake:

I owned a Dakota R/T.  How many trucks have you owned Obi Wan?  Oh and if you're so proud of what you drive, why don't you show everyone here what it is, or are you that paranoid?  Get a profile :censor:.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2010, 12:02:26 am »
Don't waste your time with this mini truck. Buy a real truck and be done with it.   Whoever said they would recoup the high initial cost is out to lunch (gas savings or something).  Are you kidding?   Taco's hardly get better mileage than a full size truck and when loaded down they probably do worse.   Cramped interior, poor seating position, and of course the not so legendary toyota quality.    Does that 4.0 still have a timing belt?  or did they finally go to a maintenance free chain?   $40 k for that, buyers must give their heads a shake.    

BOOOOOOOOOOO for toyota, the deceitful auto company

:notroll:

Small trucks don't make any sense because of the points you make.  The only reason I could see anyone wanting a smaller than fullsize truck, is because you're intimidated by the size and find it harder to drive.  Other than that, you really don't save gas (unless it's a 4 banger) or money.

2010 Chevy Colorado
14 City 19 Hwy, combined MPG 16

2010 Chevy Silverado
13 City 18 Hwy, combined 15

GM :thumbdown:

2010 Silverado 5.3  14 City 20 Hwy (2wd) 19 Hwy (4wd)      Toyota Tundra 5.7  14/18  (2WD)  13/17 (4WD)

2010 Colorado 3.7  17/23 (2wd)  16/22 (4wd)                     Toyota Tacoma 4.0  15/19 (2WD 6sp Manual) (14/19 4WD Manual)
                                                                                                              17/21 (5 sp. auto)

Taken from Truck Trend (motor trend's truck mag.)

Any more lies you wanna tell?

YOU  :hurl: 

John

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2010, 09:12:50 am »
Don't waste your time with this mini truck. Buy a real truck and be done with it.   Whoever said they would recoup the high initial cost is out to lunch (gas savings or something).  Are you kidding?   Taco's hardly get better mileage than a full size truck and when loaded down they probably do worse.   Cramped interior, poor seating position, and of course the not so legendary toyota quality.    Does that 4.0 still have a timing belt?  or did they finally go to a maintenance free chain?   $40 k for that, buyers must give their heads a shake.    

Small trucks don't make any sense because of the points you make.  The only reason I could see anyone wanting a smaller than fullsize truck, is because you're intimidated by the size and find it harder to drive.  Other than that, you really don't save gas (unless it's a 4 banger) or money.

2010 Chevy Colorado

2010 Chevy Silverado

2010 Silverado 5.3  14 City 20 Hwy (2wd) 19 Hwy (4wd)      Toyota Tundra 5.7  14/18  (2WD)  13/17 (4WD)

2010 Colorado 3.7  17/23 (2wd)  16/22 (4wd)                     Toyota Tacoma 4.0  15/19 (2WD 6sp Manual) (14/19 4WD Manual)
                                                                                                              17/21 (5 sp. auto)

Those are EPA ratings or lies, same thing.  By the way, does your "eco-tech" 4 cyl engine really sound like a blender grinding walnut shells?  :rofl:

John

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2010, 01:12:17 pm »
AS usual, plenty of useless insightful comments from ppl who have never owned a domestic pickup from any manufacturer regardless of size.

The Taco is just simply a fantastic vehicle.  They don't collapse like the Rangers/ Frontiers et al after the warranty period.  The motor and transmissions are probably the best in the industry.  The things are gold.  Ask any dealer.

I bought a used Hobie Cat and needed to go down to Grand Bend to pick it up on Saturday so I grabbed a 2006 Taco off the lot.  It's an auction vehicle from Quebec  ::) with 124k km on it.  We haven't even had this vehicle in service to look at it.  It was still as tight as the new ones.  Powertrain was great.  It's all many ppl require who desire a "pickup".

If by useless insightful comments you mean our friend "Mozeby", he drives a 4 cyl Malibu  :rofl2:.  Mozeby, you sure qualify to comment on trucks  :shake:

I owned a Dakota R/T.  How many trucks have you owned Obi Wan?  Oh and if you're so proud of what you drive, why don't you show everyone here what it is, or are you that paranoid?  Get a profile :censor:.

Ok Mozeby, I promise next time I travel, I will rent a 4 cyl Malibu LTZ just like your "car enthusiast" sedan from Hertz.  I hope that makes you feel better, an less angry at me.  ;)

CatsEye68

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2010, 05:17:52 pm »
I see the artics have a new progeny. Congrats on the addition to the family! Too bad they couldn't have come up with a more creative name than the euphemism for "toilet".

OTOH, maybe that's appropriate...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2010, 05:26:59 pm »
I see the artics have a new progeny. Congrats on the addition to the family! Too bad they couldn't have come up with a more creative name than the euphemism for "toilet".

OTOH, maybe that's appropriate...

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2010, 11:38:54 pm »

Ok Mozeby, I promise next time I travel, I will rent a 4 cyl Malibu LTZ just like your "car enthusiast" sedan from Hertz.  I hope that makes you feel better, an less angry at me.  ;)

You still haven't answered the question.  DO you even own a car or are you still in high school?

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2010, 11:41:43 pm »

2010 Chevy Colorado

2010 Chevy Silverado

17/21 (5 sp. auto)

Those are EPA ratings or lies, same thing.  By the way, does your "eco-tech" 4 cyl engine really sound like a blender grinding walnut shells?  :rofl:

For someone whose never driven a Malibu, you sure know a lot about it.  And if those EPA ratings are lies, then why did you post the Chevy's in the first place.

John

« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2010, 11:50:42 pm »

2010 Chevy Colorado

2010 Chevy Silverado

17/21 (5 sp. auto)

For someone whose never driven a Malibu, you sure know a lot about it.  And if those EPA ratings are lies, then why did you post the Chevy's in the first place.

Eh? Will you turn off your blender....I mean your ecotech 4 banger...can't hear a thing.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2010, 11:54:04 pm »

2010 Chevy Colorado

2010 Chevy Silverado

17/21 (5 sp. auto)

Eh? Will you turn off your blender....I mean your ecotech 4 banger...can't hear a thing.

I think your head's been in a blender.

Leviathan

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 12:04:59 am »
Yikes

Ryan

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 06:54:51 pm »
First off, nice work on getting a writer who doesn't drive a truck to test drive a truck. Not only that but doesn't even know enough about the truck to include correct facts. A) the box is plastic not plastic coated. Go ahead look it up or better yet look at the next Tacoma you see. B) Ever heard of a scale? Go ahead and grab any truck you find smaller than a 3/4 ton and fill the box with dirt. See what happens next. And finally C) Don't ever waste my time again with your weak writing skills. I don't need your poor facts and worse opinion. Should change the name of this rag to CrappyDriver.
-R

Offline Seafoam

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +89/-202
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:04 pm »
  Yikes again. ::)
2023 Honda Civic EX-B
2004 Mazdaspeed Miata

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2010, 10:08:20 pm »
First off, nice work on getting a writer who doesn't drive a truck to test drive a truck. Not only that but doesn't even know enough about the truck to include correct facts. A) the box is plastic not plastic coated. Go ahead look it up or better yet look at the next Tacoma you see. B) Ever heard of a scale? Go ahead and grab any truck you find smaller than a 3/4 ton and fill the box with dirt. See what happens next. And finally C) Don't ever waste my time again with your weak writing skills. I don't need your poor facts and worse opinion. Should change the name of this rag to CrappyDriver.
-R

That really hurt, e-thug. Thanks for the laugh.
I used to work here.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2010, 10:25:56 pm »

That really hurt, e-thug.
Thanks for the laugh.

Offline mrthompson

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +70/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2008 Honda CR-V (The Green Machine)
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2010, 10:32:07 am »
More riff raff coming in off the street?  ::)

e-thug  :rofl: