Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab automatic  (Read 20886 times)

John (real one)

Re: Test Drive: 2010 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab automatic
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 05:09:43 pm »
I have the Nissan Frontier (funny that wasnt used as a comparison in the article)
How did this reviewer miss the taco's direct competitor is beyond me.
More power (261/281), more payload (1383) and towing(6300).

No idea, but it always seems then the have writeups like this, not just this site, that one is always overlooked.  Im not sure what the 2010 specs compare, but I know the 2005 specs was a no brainer.

Im not saying the 2005 Toyota wasnt a good vehicle, I just like the looks of the Frontier more side by side.

Good one....but not taking the bait.   

This article is about the Tacoma not the Frontier.  :nono:

spidey

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 05:19:52 pm »
What bait?  Just saying there are other comparisons on here, why was the Frontier left out

CatsEye68

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »
What, no mention of the frame rust problems on past models? That mushroom compost would probably break some of the older ones in half.

Seeing this makes me wonder why Ford didn't carry through with their F-100 project a year or two back. This is a pretty lonely segment and Toyota needs some competition.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 MDX; 2007 Tundra
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »
What, no mention of the frame rust problems on past models? That mushroom compost would probably break some of the older ones in half.

Seeing this makes me wonder why Ford didn't carry through with their F-100 project a year or two back. This is a pretty lonely segment and Toyota needs some competition.

Why would the reviewer mention past models? 
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »
I have the Nissan Frontier (funny that wasnt used as a comparison in the article)

No idea, but it always seems then the have writeups like this, not just this site, that one is always overlooked.  Im not sure what the 2010 specs compare, but I know the 2005 specs was a no brainer.

Im not saying the 2005 Toyota wasnt a good vehicle, I just like the looks of the Frontier more side by side.

Since when has that stopped anyone from bringing in the competition before.  It's common sense that you would talk about the competition when reviewing a vehicle.  The Frontier looks much better, especially next to the crew cab long box version.  It looks like a stretch limo.

John

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 04:17:39 pm »

Since when has that stopped anyone from bringing in the competition before.  It's common sense that you would talk about the competition when reviewing a vehicle.  The Frontier looks much better, especially next to the crew cab long box version.  It looks like a stretch limo.

It has never stopped......you.  I am surprised you haven't brought up the Camry in this thread.

Look, if this was a "comparo" of small trucks, then yes, compare it with all small trucks.  But it is not.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

It has never stopped......you.  I am surprised you haven't brought up the Camry in this thread.

Look, if this was a "comparo" of small trucks, then yes, compare it with all small trucks.  But it is not.

Lets be rational.  Spidey was simply wondering why the Frontier is not listed along with the other competitors at the bottom of the article.  Thats it, thats all.

John

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 04:34:25 pm »

Lets be rational.  Spidey was simply wondering why the Frontier is not listed along with the other competitors at the bottom of the article.  Thats it, thats all.

I am sorry Counselor, I didn't know you were "spidey's" attorney.  So the editor forgot :'(...stop the press.

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 04:56:28 pm »

I am sorry Counselor, I didn't know you were "spidey's" attorney.  So the editor forgot :'(...stop the press.

I didn't know all remarks needed to be of the "stop the press variety".  Stop being an ass.

spidey

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 05:17:43 pm »

Jesus take a pill.  I made a comment about something I noticed. Its pretty obvious the Frontier was left out because out of any of the competitors to it, its the one most comparable

John

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 05:21:48 pm »
thread.

I didn't know all remarks needed to be of the "stop the press variety".  Stop being an ass.

Can't handle people disagreeing with you?.....Perhaps you should get out of the kitchen, grab a tissue while you are at it.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 08:30:48 pm »

Oh sorry, this is a review of a beloved Toyota.  Everyone stop talking about any other brands. Camry sucks.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 09:04:47 pm »
John is wound up a bit tight methinks... :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

John

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 12:05:48 am »

The "talk" below is in this review..dummy.

Payload-wise, the Nissan Frontier can handle more than the Tacoma, at 567 kg (1,250 lbs) in SE Crew Cab form with automatic transmission (and even more with the manual tranny). In order to carry any more than that, you’d most likely have to move up to a full-size truck. It’s also worth noting that of the smaller trucks in the market now, the Tacoma, the tiny Ford Ranger/Mazda B-Series twins and Nissan’s Frontier are the only ones not available with V8 power: GM’s compact Colorado/Canyon models are offered with four-, five- and eight-cylinder power, and the Dodge Dakota comes with V6 and V8 engines only.

spidey

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 06:10:46 pm »

The "talk" below is in this review..dummy.

Payload-wise, the Nissan Frontier can handle more than the Tacoma, at 567 kg (1,250 lbs) in SE Crew Cab form with automatic transmission (and even more with the manual tranny). In order to carry any more than that, you’d most likely have to move up to a full-size truck. It’s also worth noting that of the smaller trucks in the market now, the Tacoma, the tiny Ford Ranger/Mazda B-Series twins and Nissan’s Frontier are the only ones not available with V8 power: GM’s compact Colorado/Canyon models are offered with four-, five- and eight-cylinder power, and the Dodge Dakota comes with V6 and V8 engines only.

Who are you calling dummy.  Youve re-quoted so many times no one knows who you are talking to anymore

Jimbeams

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 11:37:02 am »
Don't waste your time with this mini truck. Buy a real truck and be done with it.   Whoever said they would recoup the high initial cost is out to lunch (gas savings or something).  Are you kidding?   Taco's hardly get better mileage than a full size truck and when loaded down they probably do worse.   Cramped interior, poor seating position, and of course the not so legendary toyota quality.    Does that 4.0 still have a timing belt?  or did they finally go to a maintenance free chain?   $40 k for that, buyers must give their heads a shake.    

BOOOOOOOOOOO for toyota, the deceitful auto company

:notroll:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 07:33:32 pm by Jimbeams »

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 03:27:06 pm »
^ Standard Troll.

That said I agree with you about the silliness of the "recouping the cost" argument.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 08:29:41 pm »
Don't waste your time with this mini truck. Buy a real truck and be done with it.   Whoever said they would recoup the high initial cost is out to lunch (gas savings or something).  Are you kidding?   Taco's hardly get better mileage than a full size truck and when loaded down they probably do worse.   Cramped interior, poor seating position, and of course the not so legendary toyota quality.    Does that 4.0 still have a timing belt?  or did they finally go to a maintenance free chain?   $40 k for that, buyers must give their heads a shake.    

Small trucks don't make any sense because of the points you make.  The only reason I could see anyone wanting a smaller than fullsize truck, is because you're intimidated by the size and find it harder to drive.  Other than that, you really don't save gas (unless it's a 4 banger) or money.

John

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 09:03:05 am »

Small trucks don't make any sense because of the points you make.  The only reason I could see anyone wanting a smaller than fullsize truck, is because you're intimidated by the size and find it harder to drive.  Other than that, you really don't save gas (unless it's a 4 banger) or money.

2010 Chevy Colorado
14 City 19 Hwy, combined MPG 16

2010 Chevy Silverado
13 City 18 Hwy, combined 15

GM :thumbdown:

John

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 02:24:49 pm »
AS usual, plenty of useless insightful comments from ppl who have never owned a domestic pickup from any manufacturer regardless of size.

The Taco is just simply a fantastic vehicle.  They don't collapse like the Rangers/ Frontiers et al after the warranty period.  The motor and transmissions are probably the best in the industry.  The things are gold.  Ask any dealer.

I bought a used Hobie Cat and needed to go down to Grand Bend to pick it up on Saturday so I grabbed a 2006 Taco off the lot.  It's an auction vehicle from Quebec  ::) with 124k km on it.  We haven't even had this vehicle in service to look at it.  It was still as tight as the new ones.  Powertrain was great.  It's all many ppl require who desire a "pickup".

We'll net 4K on this vehicle in 2 weeks.  :)

:iagree:
If by useless insightful comments you mean our friend "Mozeby", he drives a 4 cyl Malibu  :rofl2:.  Mozeby, you sure qualify to comment on trucks  :shake: