Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Sport  (Read 22313 times)

SJP

Re: Test Drive: 2010 Honda Civic Sedan Sport
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2010, 05:44:19 pm »
Hmmmm, so being a model due for replacement is a bad thing? The the new focus and cruze look great, but they are replacing two "never was" cars, let alone "has beens" Do you think Honda has no plans to upgrade this car? Give me a break, that's the evolution of auto design, there is always a moving target. I'm just glad this time around GM and Ford might have something a little more competitive in their garages. The very fact that we are waiting for them)GM, Ford) to come up with something shows that Honda has a better product at the moment, so where is the problem? They are out of date compared to who?

SJP

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2010, 06:08:56 pm »
Oh, and the 2012 Focus sucks compared to the 2018 Kia spectra.

diceman

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2010, 07:29:08 pm »
Hmmmm, so being a model due for replacement is a bad thing? The the new focus and cruze look great, but they are replacing two "never was" cars, let alone "has beens" Do you think Honda has no plans to upgrade this car? Give me a break, that's the evolution of auto design, there is always a moving target. I'm just glad this time around GM and Ford might have something a little more competitive in their garages. The very fact that we are waiting for them)GM, Ford) to come up with something shows that Honda has a better product at the moment, so where is the problem? They are out of date compared to who?

Actually the current Focus still has a good platform for its age.Kia??? :rofl:

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2010, 07:55:05 pm »
Oh, and the 2012 Focus sucks compared to the 2018 Kia spectra.

:rofl:
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

SJP

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2010, 07:52:17 am »
Actually the current Focus still has a good platform for its age.Kia???

For it's age? Sounds like you are making excuses, so it's OK to be "good for it's age", but the Civic is bad because it is not cutting edge? Yes the Focus has a good platform, it always has been, but this latest generation leaves a lot to be desired, and the new one will be a big, welcome step forward. And anyone not taking KIA seriously will be in for quite a surprise down the road I think.

diceman

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 07:35:58 pm »
Actually the current Focus still has a good platform for its age.Kia???

For it's age? Sounds like you are making excuses, so it's OK to be "good for it's age", but the Civic is bad because it is not cutting edge? Yes the Focus has a good platform, it always has been, but this latest generation leaves a lot to be desired, and the new one will be a big, welcome step forward. And anyone not taking KIA seriously will be in for quite a surprise down the road I think.
what's with the pink writing. You can't even read it. Actually I said, "Well the Civic is still the 2nd best car in a class of has-beens." I don't see anything cutting edge in any car in this class.I do think Ford and GM have more thought into the cars they have coming out than others have. NO. I don't take KIA(killed in action) seriously.They're o.k that's it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:43:06 pm by diceman »

SJP

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 09:39:11 pm »
But the Civic is still very good for it's age., and way ahead of many of it's class mates.
KIA is not top of my personal list, but they force the other manufacturers to watch their price/content, more competition is always good. They are player, like them or not.
I have more faith in Ford being able to do a good small car, they usually seem to have a better handle on it. GM is doing well with their bigger products, but have never made any good small cars. I am interested to see  how they do this time around.

John Doe

« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 11:29:02 pm »
But the Civic is still very good for it's age., and way ahead of many of it's class mates.
KIA is not top of my personal list, but they force the other manufacturers to watch their price/content, more competition is always good. They are player, like them or not.
I have more faith in Ford being able to do a good small car, they usually seem to have a better handle on it. GM is doing well with their bigger products, but have never made any good small cars. I am interested to see  how they do this time around.

And the best thing still.....No timing belt in the Civic.   :nono:

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 11:43:52 pm »

Are you being sarcastic or something?  I thought all hondas had timing belts.  They just have a no-interference valve design.

John Doe

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2010, 01:14:59 am »

Are you being sarcastic or something?  I thought all hondas had timing belts.  They just have a no-interference valve design.

Negative ghost rider... Honda had interference engines and timing belts, since 2004-2005, Honda smartly went back to timing chains.

Offline ipolski

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +12/-29
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 540i-6M, Passat Wagon, Tundra, MDX
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2010, 01:28:08 am »
Like many readers here I'm a Honda fun (currently own 99 Accord) and waiting to see the new (delayed) Civic.  But I'm afraid it is going to be another disappointment just like many Hondas of late: TL, TSX, Accord, Aztek oops I meant Crosstour... All just got too big, too bloated, too Buick and too ugly.

Canada Stig

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2010, 12:58:07 pm »
Maybe Honda could *gasp* learn from Ford and start bringing their international lineup to N America rather than assuming we want bloated Buick clones.  Specifically, the Euro Civic and the Euro Accord (not just rebadged as an Acura TSX...).. Strange how people generally like the Fit (Jazz) which is a true international design, and ditto the CRV.

The Euro Civic is a controversial design, yes, but definately more interesting than the one we have access to.

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/civic5door/

SJP

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2010, 04:34:36 pm »
I agree, I have been dying for Ford to bring some Euro versions to our shores, and finally we are getting a taste. Honda should do the same. They give us some good cars, but they can be so boring.

Offline Mozeby

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +10/-3
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 Chevy Cruze, 2013 Dodge Journey, 1968 Dodge Charger R/T
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 04:26:56 pm »
I agree, I have been dying for Ford to bring some Euro versions to our shores, and finally we are getting a taste. Honda should do the same. They give us some good cars, but they can be so boring.

The reason we're not getting a lot of the Euro models, is because they're too small.  If they manage to have a decent sized interior, then the trunk is too small.  Or they can't fit a V6.  Probably why wagons are so popular in Europe, is most of their common sedans are smaller than ours and need the extra cargo room.

SJP

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 06:10:03 pm »
 I know, but it is frustrating, we even get a stretched RAV4 compared to Europe. Some of those wagons would be cool too. I actually like a small car, but I guess i fall into the category of "need space from day to day" I would trade my Highlander in on a cool wagon if there were some more choices. I would give up A V6 for a manual transmission and some driving fun.

triuman

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2010, 03:31:57 pm »
As an owner of an '09 Civic DX-VP, I can only speak from an owners standpoint. I feel the Civic is a delightful and comfortable car. Excellent vehicle for two people to take a trip in, for 4 tho.... ??? The fun to drive factor of the Civic, even with mine not being an Si model, is quite high. Honda did an excellent job with the gen Civic, looking forward to what the 9th gen brings... ;)