Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Acura TSX V6  (Read 12604 times)

Offline chrischasescars

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-31
  • The Voice of Reason
    • View Profile
Re: Test Drive: 2010 Acura TSX V6
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 11:56:01 am »
Well I probably will scandalize a few folks here but one competitor for this car that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Fusion Sport. Its AWD system (regardless how primitive it might be) makes it even more appealing as there is no torque steer under hard acceleration. Both car have a button happy center stack (prettier in the TSX IMO)... The Ford 3.5L V6 is actually smooth and has indeed a sweet sound + you get the fabulous Sync system. With the current rebates, the Ford makes a lot more sense than the pricey TSX...

And if one is a big Honda fan, the TL makes a whole lot more sense as many already posted...

That's a very good point. The new Fusion's a really nice car for the money; one of my fave mid-sizers, actually.
I used to work here.

Roy

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:05 am »
Echo echo echo all of the above.

I would've thought by now those whom were making bad decisions at Honda/Acura were gone? 

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12389
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2010, 06:02:06 pm »
Well I probably will scandalize a few folks here but one competitor for this car that hasn't been mentioned yet is the Fusion Sport. Its AWD system (regardless how primitive it might be) makes it even more appealing as there is no torque steer under hard acceleration. Both car have a button happy center stack (prettier in the TSX IMO)... The Ford 3.5L V6 is actually smooth and has indeed a sweet sound + you get the fabulous Sync system. With the current rebates, the Ford makes a lot more sense than the pricey TSX...

And if one is a big Honda fan, the TL makes a whole lot more sense as many already posted...

I don't find that particularly scandalous at all.  The Fusion is a solid product.  I'd also give the Maxima a close look.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +16/-25
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2010, 08:49:46 pm »

I don't find that particularly scandalous at all.  The Fusion is a solid product.  I'd also give the Maxima a close look.

Jaeger

Don't even get me started on the Maxima. Yeah the looks might be appealing to some (I'm one) but it starts at 39 450 has 290 hp, a CVT and FWD compared to 328 hp a 7 speed auto and RWD for a G37. The Maxima is the Nissan version of the TSX v6 no real point.

I'm a fan of the Fusion (and have been since the origional) The sport looks like a very nice vehicle for the $

Offline 2JDM

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +119/-141
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »

Jaeger

Don't even get me started on the Maxima. Yeah the looks might be appealing to some (I'm one) but it starts at 39 450 has 290 hp, a CVT and FWD compared to 328 hp a 7 speed auto and RWD for a G37. The Maxima is the Nissan version of the TSX v6 no real point.

I'm a fan of the Fusion (and have been since the origional) The sport looks like a very nice vehicle for the $

I agree with you to a certain point...but size does matter ;) Have fun fitting 2 full sized adults in the back seat of a G37.

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium 5 speed with Handling Pack, 2007 Nissan Senta 6 speed
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 09:52:11 pm »

Jaeger

I agree with you to a certain point...but size does matter ;) Have fun fitting 2 full sized adults in the back seat of a G37.

If you are an adult sitting in the back seat you probaly aren't high on my priority list :-)

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 12:34:19 am »

Jaeger

I've carried full size adults in the backseat of my G many times, sometimes over a few hours drive.  Never been an issue. 
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »

Jaeger

Some people like FWD.  TSX buyers, for example. And the G, when comparably equipped, costs a good deal more than the Maxima.  I'd choose the base G personally, but that doesn't render the Maxima "pointless".  If anything, the Max is more squeezed by a loaded Altima 3.5SR than by the G.

Jaeger

Offline toolatecrew

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2010, 06:28:00 pm »

Jaeger

Some people like FWD.  TSX buyers, for example. And the G, when comparably equipped, costs a good deal more than the Maxima.  I'd choose the base G personally, but that doesn't render the Maxima "pointless".  If anything, the Max is more squeezed by a loaded Altima 3.5SR than by the G.

Jaeger

Well the fact that the Maxima is squeezed on both sides by the Altima and the G37 are what make it pointless.  Not to mention the whole "4 doorsports car" positioning when its a car offered with a CVT only.

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:20 pm »
Well the fact that the Maxima is squeezed on both sides by the Altima and the G37 are what make it pointless.  Not to mention the whole "4 doorsports car" positioning when its a car offered with a CVT only.

Well, it's pointless to you.  Clearly, it's not pointless to Nissan - they have rather a lot invested in the Maxima nameplate.  The fact that their other sedan models both above and below the Maxima are strong sellers is rather a nice problem for them to have.  I suspect they are willing to endure the scoffing of nameless internet forum feeders as a consequence.

As a FWD sporty near-luxury sedan, I'd take it straight up over the TSX.  While not a huge fan of any automatic, I'd take the Maxima's CVT with quick shifting 6 "speed" manual mode over the TSX's retro 5 speed slushbox.  And I prefer the styling of the Maxima to the TSX.  So it's not pointless to me.

Jaeger