Author Topic: What's the stupidest, most suicidal thing you've seen someone do on the road?  (Read 4591 times)

Offline CyberNick

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 2007 Mazda 6 GT
Between the Supra and my sportbikes, I could fill pages here........:)

I thought the thread was supposed to be about things that you've seen, not about things you've done... ;)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7217
    • View Profile

I thought the thread was supposed to be about things that you've seen, not about things you've done... ;)

Seen AND done my friend!  I think when I was new here I posted a race I had with a V10 M5 and many here had a $hitfit, so that was the last time I posted anything of the sort..mostly!
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

vdk

Seen AND done my friend!  I think when I was new here I posted a race I had with a V10 M5 and many here had a $hitfit, so that was the last time I posted anything of the sort..mostly!

Call me a liberal. But I don't mind people doing that kinda :censor: as long as they only put their lives in danger. Are the VW and Volvo limited to 188 and 209 respectively? Yes they are. Have I put anyone's life in danger to find out? No. What can I say I'm a curious guy.

Offline tenpenny

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +137/-305
    • View Profile
At hockey tryouts last fall, one girl discovered she didn't have her hockey shorts - he father had been airing them out, and she didn't know they weren't in the bag.

Her father called his girlfriend to meet him halfway with the shorts, and he took off.

When he got back, he commented that his Mazda 3 seemed to be limited to 160 km/h....
My diesel car self-identifies as an electric vehicle.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
At hockey tryouts last fall, one girl discovered she didn't have her hockey shorts - he father had been airing them out, and she didn't know they weren't in the bag.

Her father called his girlfriend to meet him halfway with the shorts, and he took off.

When he got back, he commented that his Mazda 3 seemed to be limited to 160 km/h....

... musta had the hand brake on! ...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile

So we are witnessing the effects there after?  :) ;D

Offline CyberNick

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 2007 Mazda 6 GT

... musta had the hand brake on! ...

I was thinking that seemed kind of low, but that makes sense now... :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"

:fiver: back in the good old days I would have posted them but this is this a neocon forum now  :)

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile

Ahem! I would like to reference this "alledgedly $hitfit" causing video. Link Please!  ;D
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire

:fiver: back in the good old days I would have posted them but this is this a neocon forum now  :)

We have all driven beyond either our or our car's abilities on public roads, and many people on here will continue to do so.  But it's not something that most parents will boast about, as it smacks of irresponsibility, people reply, "take it to the track", which is good advice.

There are many types of responsible spirited driving.  Racing other cars on public roads is stupid IMHO as you have no idea what could happen.

Sometimes driving fast results in accidents or death, sometimes it doesn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/coventry_warwickshire/8571407.stm

The funny thing is, at speed you actually have very little grip.  If physics says you won't get around that corner at 100kph, then you won't.  Personally I think the main reason for not posting stupidity on the internet is that the police can read it too..

A very sobering diary:

http://prison-diary.blogspot.com/

With regards to internet evidence. I've been a member of the Civic Type-R owners site for a long time. I got a reputation as a bit of a sarcastic git and I made a lot of daft comments which didn't often have a grounding in reality, more they were being daft or making stupid digs at people (I'm sure I'm not surprising some PHers with that).

When the accident happened, 4 of the first few cars on the scene happened to be high performance Hondas. A couple of the Civics had windows stickers with the club URL on them. It didn't take a rocket scientist to find out what my username was, and within a few hours of the accident the Police had downloaded the forum and printed out all of my comments. In the light of the events that day, some of the comments on the Civic forum turned out to be very damning. People who didn't know the context in which they were being said, or the character who was saying them would have to take the comments on face value, and face value said that I was a boy racing tw*t.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
^^ A rather disturbing and unfortunate story. " Honey, I'm Home" sometime are the happiest words one can say.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"

We have all driven beyond either our or our car's abilities on public roads, and many people on here will continue to do so.  But it's not something that most parents will boast about, as it smacks of irresponsibility, people reply, "take it to the track", which is good advice.

There are many types of responsible spirited driving.  Racing other cars on public roads is stupid IMHO as you have no idea what could happen.

Sometimes driving fast results in accidents or death, sometimes it doesn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/coventry_warwickshire/8571407.stm

The funny thing is, at speed you actually have very little grip.  If physics says you won't get around that corner at 100kph, then you won't.  Personally I think the main reason for not posting stupidity on the internet is that the police can read it too..

A very sobering diary:

http://prison-diary.blogspot.com/

With regards to internet evidence. I've been a member of the Civic Type-R owners site for a long time. I got a reputation as a bit of a sarcastic git and I made a lot of daft comments which didn't often have a grounding in reality, more they were being daft or making stupid digs at people (I'm sure I'm not surprising some PHers with that).

When the accident happened, 4 of the first few cars on the scene happened to be high performance Hondas. A couple of the Civics had windows stickers with the club URL on them. It didn't take a rocket scientist to find out what my username was, and within a few hours of the accident the Police had downloaded the forum and printed out all of my comments. In the light of the events that day, some of the comments on the Civic forum turned out to be very damning. People who didn't know the context in which they were being said, or the character who was saying them would have to take the comments on face value, and face value said that I was a boy racing tw*t.

Bob, I am unaware of any such activity or behavior... nor would I be disposed to discuss such behavior if it did in fact exist  :)

Offline dash

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Acura RLX hybrid
Bob,
You seem to find such array of interesting articles on the net. The one above has many life lessons in it, one of which is one of the pitfalls of social networking.  A sad story for all concerned, especially the innocent victim (motorcyclist).
"Why be quiet, and thought a fool, when you can speak up and remove all doubt"