Author Topic: Test Drive: 2010 Lincoln MKT EcoBoost  (Read 19682 times)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +707/-12420
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
Re: Test Drive: 2010 Lincoln MKT EcoBoost
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2010, 08:56:51 am »
This vehicle's exterior is terrible, but no one is commenting on the interior and I have to say I actually find it very nice.  I would actually buy the Flex (same vehicle, different looks) before buying this as it is at least retro(ish) cool looking.  As for all this talk about speedo and what not, who in their right mind would be driving this vehicle over 200Kms/hr, you might as well kiss your ass good bye cause you'll probably lose control and die in a big fireball.  I'm just trying to understand why anyone would bye any Lincoln or Caddy for that matter.  You can get euro/asian products that are better, with better resale and reliability values.  lastly if I was looking for an SUV that has 3rd row seats I would go for something like the Buick Enclave or the Hyundai Veracruz (which by the way has a 3rd row seat that grown men can fit in).  I will admitt the the Veracruz is under powered and a bit out dated looking but for value for money it's one of the best.  As for the Enclave, I just find it's a very good looking vehicle compared to most 3rd row seating CUV's.

The Veracruz is decent-looking and certainly doesn't offend. I agree that the Enclave is a good-looking vehicle.  Suggesting that buyers of this type of vehicle have no choice but to buy ugly is simply incorrect and an excuse to somehow diminish the MKT's lone ascent to the very summit of Fugly Mountain.

Jaeger
Wokeism is nothing more than the recognition and opposition of bigotry in all its forms.  Bigots are predictably triggered.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2010, 09:35:55 am »
The Veracruz has no discernable style beyond "generic Asian CUV". Replace the badge with Lexus, Nissan, Mazda etc and no one would likely notice. If bland, wallflower styling is what one wants, I can certainly understand not liking the MKT.

The Enclave is very nice. It's also got a huge grill, huge wheels and a pile of chrome adornments  (portholes? seriously?), not to mention a similar character-line along the bottom of the greenhouse as the MKT.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:40:13 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

John MacDonald

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2010, 10:32:08 am »
The Veracruz has no discernable style beyond "generic Asian CUV". Replace the badge with Lexus, Nissan, Mazda etc and no one would likely notice. If bland, wallflower styling is what one wants, I can certainly understand not liking the MKT.

The Enclave is very nice. It's also got a huge grill, huge wheels and a pile of chrome adornments  (portholes? seriously?), not to mention a similar character-line alone the bottom of the greenhouse as the MKT.

Yeah like I said the Veracruz is a bit dated (will be redesigned in the next year or two and watch out) but when you factor in price the Vercruz is very good value in the luxury 3rd row seating SUV category.  Here's a couple of numbers, base Veracruz is $689.15/month 0 down over 5 years, limited is $892.65, the MKT base is $969.92 and Eco boost model is $1035.46.  My question is the MKT $142.81-280.77/month better of a vehicle, I think no but someone who likes the styling may say yes.  Or if you really want a comparo how about this and the flex - here's some numbers Flex SEL AWD is $771.78 compared to base MKT, and the Limited Eco Boost is $966.15, so is all that chrome really worth $69.31-198.11 more a month, I think not.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 01:39:21 pm »
The Veracruz that comes closest to matching the MKT's level of equipment is the 260hp Limited, which is $47299. The base 268HP MKT is $49950, the 355hp Ecoboost MKT starts at $53350. The Flex starts at $32699.

Most manufacturers have a mainstream and upmarket brand. Some will choose the Lincoln, some will choose the Ford.

Subvented leases and lowball financing are another kettle of fish altogether.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 01:48:43 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-49
  • New toy! :)
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2006 Kia Sportage
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2010, 01:42:16 pm »

The Enclave is very nice. It's also got a huge grill, huge wheels and a pile of chrome adornments  (portholes? seriously?), not to mention a similar character-line along the bottom of the greenhouse as the MKT.

I'll take generic Asian CUV style over fugly any day of the week, thank you very much. I like to keep my breakfast in when walking towards my vehicle to take off for work.

Offline CanuckS2K

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +398/-316
    • View Profile
    • Prestige Auto Detail
  • Cars: 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 2005 Honda S2000, 2014 Infiniti Q50S, 2017 Ford F-150 Lariat
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2010, 01:51:41 pm »

I'll take generic Asian CUV style over fugly any day of the week, thank you very much. I like to keep my breakfast in when walking towards my vehicle to take off for work.

LOL, can't argue with that!!   ;D
Owner - Prestige Auto Detailing & Hammond River Brewing

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2010, 01:52:36 pm »

Says the Sportage driver! :rofl:

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2015 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 AWD, 2016 Honda Fit EX-L Navi, 2019 Genesis G80 3.3t Sport, 2021 Honda CB650R, 2023 Honda Monkey
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2010, 04:25:18 pm »

Amen to that.

Jaeger

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2010, 04:39:08 pm »

From what I can see, every car's maximum speed is limited to the capabilities of their stock tires. Since most cars come with average tires, that means a 208km/h limit for most cars. Both the M3 and M5 are limited to 250km/h, most likely because of its tires. Without this electronic limit, I'm sure they could go much higher than 250km/h.

In this particular case, from what I can see, the Lincoln MKT Ecoboost is limited to 196km/h. So I ask again, what's the point of having speedo's to 300km/h when the car is limited to 196km/h?

My Volvo has no limiter whatsoever. It is limited by it's ability to move air out of the way (drag limited).

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 05:52:25 pm »

Yeah, one of the best looking small CUVs out there. What's your problem with it?

Offline Shnak

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2010, 05:54:35 pm »

From what I can see, every car's maximum speed is limited to the capabilities of their stock tires. Since most cars come with average tires, that means a 208km/h limit for most cars. Both the M3 and M5 are limited to 250km/h, most likely because of its tires. Without this electronic limit, I'm sure they could go much higher than 250km/h.

In this particular case, from what I can see, the Lincoln MKT Ecoboost is limited to 196km/h. So I ask again, what's the point of having speedo's to 300km/h when the car is limited to 196km/h?

My Volvo has no limiter whatsoever. It is limited by it's ability to move air out of the way (drag limited).

Unless you've chipped it, it is limited to 155mph. http://velocityresource.com/V70R.aspx

Leviathan

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »
Yeah, one of the best looking small CUVs out there. What's your problem with it?
Well, it's no Tribute  :rofl:  :P  :run:

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:32 pm »
..i cants hears YA!!!!!..............
Time is to stop everything happening at once

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 07:30:23 pm »

OH GOD! :rofl2:...........Nothing actually, well the wheelwells are a bit awkward, but nothing that'd prevent me from getting one.

Style always boils down to personal preference. Some people are perfectly happy with a grey bowl of porridge every morning, some prefer kippers, some are espresso and croissants.

It just so happens you and the Jagmeister are grey porridge types. Thats fine. I'd rather something a bit different. :stick:

(The incessant thread-shitting does get old though, especially in a thread about a car you've no interest in)

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 07:35:46 pm »

It just so happens you and the Jagmeister are grey porridge types. Thats fine. I'd rather something a bit different. :stick: 

I think anyone who holds forth the MKT as an example of automotive elegance better consider the glass house in which he resides before chucking rocks at other people's automotive tastes.
 :rofl:
Jaeger

PS - Who is it that said they didn't care about this vehicle?  You keep repeating that, but I seem to have missed it.

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 07:42:49 pm »

I think anyone who holds forth the MKT as an example of automotive elegance better consider the glass house in which he resides before chucking rocks at other people's automotive tastes.
 :rofl:
Jaeger

PS - Who is it that said they didn't care about this vehicle?  You keep repeating that, but I seem to have missed it.

So reading comprehension is your problem. Can't help you with that Chuckles.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 07:46:35 pm »
I've actually grown to find the MKT's exterior styling appealing by being rather distinctive. And the interior is Lincoln's best work yet. But maybe an endorsement from me speaks volumes in itself since I seem to have an affinity for the oddball.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 07:47:15 pm »
Allow me to refresh your memory:

The Ecoboost MKT is the same price range as the MDX. That's pretty damned good value, in a vehicle that's quieter, larger and quicker.

As far as looks, it's downright elegant compared to this [pic of MDX]:

Offline Jaeger

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2010, 06:40:44 am »

The Ecoboost MKT is the same price range as the MDX. That's pretty damned good value, in a vehicle that's quieter, larger and quicker.

This thing wouldn't look elegant compared to a cement truck.

Back to the childish name-calling, I see.  Or perhaps you never left.

Refresh my memory on who said they didn't care about the vehicle, again?  That seems a repeated complaint of yours - that people are participating in a thread on, and making negative comments about, a vehicle they don't care about.  So who was it that said that?

Jaeger
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:43:13 am by Jaeger »

• Car Crazy
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 09:42:49 am »

This thing wouldn't look elegant compared to a cement truck.

Back to the childish name-calling, I see.  Or perhaps you never left.

Refresh my memory on who said they didn't care about the vehicle, again?  That seems a repeated complaint of yours - that people are participating in a thread on, and making negative comments about, a vehicle they don't care about.  So who was it that said that?

Jaeger

Awww, poor little Jaegermeister, looking around the place all befuddled; wondering how on earth people got the impression that he didn’t care for the MKT.

Look kiddo. You don’t like it, groovy. Others do. That doesn’t mean they don’t have taste, or aren’t as discerning as yourself. Threadshitting doesn’t help your case.