Poll

Much hoohaa is said on here about auto vs manual vs dsg type transmissions.  And especially that you now can't get a new Ferrari with a manual 'box.  So my question is this, if you were buying a new Ferrari F430 which box would you (honestly) tick?

Manual
29 (60.4%)
Flappy Paddle F1 Style
19 (39.6%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: April 13, 2010, 01:19:42 am

Author Topic: Flappy Paddles?  (Read 12556 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Flappy Paddles?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 05:41:28 pm »
Have a vehicle that the better half won't want to drive...manual box (performace exhaust would also be a deterant here)   :cheers:

I know not all have a significant other that has no interest in learning to drive a manual...all the better for me!!

My wife loves cars, used to drive the Exige to work every now and again and loved the performance and the attention.  Also did a Caterham track day and lapped faster than most of the guys there.  She's awesome! Wouldn't have it any other way...  :heart: :heart:

Recent conversation:
Me: What about a Fiesta?
Her: Hmmmm bit small isn't it, what about a WRX?
 :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Mitlov

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2010, 03:18:12 am »
Have a vehicle that the better half won't want to drive...manual box (performace exhaust would also be a deterant here)   :cheers:

I know not all have a significant other that has no interest in learning to drive a manual...all the better for me!!

My wife loves cars, used to drive the Exige to work every now and again and loved the performance and the attention.  Also did a Caterham track day and lapped faster than most of the guys there.  She's awesome! Wouldn't have it any other way...  :heart: :heart:

Recent conversation:
Me: What about a Fiesta?
Her: Hmmmm bit small isn't it, what about a WRX?

My wife has asked that we get a Mustang GT as a third car if our finances ever so allow.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2010, 10:19:55 am »
So when are your kids gonna be 18?  :)  :D ;D

... and when is Wing is pay out dividends to us regular shareholders?

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2010, 11:14:50 am »
..i'm still waitin' fer a tattered recycled Tee............. :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Mitlov

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2010, 02:51:55 pm »
So when are your kids gonna be 18?  :)  :D ;D

That's when the biggest expenses start.  You Canadians are totally spoiled when it comes to higher education costs.  If my kids want to go to a New England liberal arts school (Tufts is my alma mater), prices can hit $30,000 per year.  If they want a western public school that's strong in the sciences, out-of-state tuition can easily pass $10,000.

Now, when they're both 21 (or a bit older if they want to go to med school or law school), that's when the Porsche arrives in my driveway  ;D

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »

That's when the biggest expenses start.  You Canadians are totally spoiled when it comes to higher education costs.  If my kids want to go to a New England liberal arts school (Tufts is my alma mater), prices can hit $30,000 per year.  If they want a western public school that's strong in the sciences, out-of-state tuition can easily pass $10,000.

I wouldn't call it spoiled, somebody's taxes still have to pay for subsidizing secondary education in Canada.  I don't have kids to take advantage of it, but if the alternative is living in a country full of uneducated rednecks it's not so bad.
At least our future unemployed miscreants will have a degree hung on the trailer wall.  ;D
Mr Pickypants

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2010, 03:15:56 pm »

I wouldn't call it spoiled, somebody's taxes still have to pay for subsidizing secondary education in Canada.  I don't have kids to take advantage of it, but if the alternative is living in a country full of uneducated rednecks it's not so bad.
At least our future unemployed miscreants will have a degree hung on the trailer wall.  ;D

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
:fiver:

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:32 pm »

I think U Mass might be cheaper than Tufts.   I was fortunate to have low tuition and scholarships to be able to graduate without being strangled by student loans.  I don't mind paying taxes to help the upcoming generation as the previous generation helped me with their taxes.

Now if more kids today learn to drive manual, then the world would be a better place.  :)

Mitlov

« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2010, 03:33:26 pm »

I think U Mass might be cheaper than Tufts.   I was fortunate to have low tuition and scholarships to be able to graduate without being strangled by student loans.  I don't mind paying taxes to help the upcoming generation as the previous generation helped me with their taxes.

It's definitely cheaper--U Mass is a public school (subsidized partly by state and federal tax dollars), whereas Tufts is private (no public funds).

Now if more kids today learn to drive manual, then the world would be a better place.  :)

Yes!!!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2010, 04:16:30 pm »
..this is yer kids brain @ Harvard.......................... :stick: :pimp: >:D....Tufts noogie...

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15:28 am »
Rejoice!  Lamborghini's too will be much more efficient...and less of a PITA to drive.

Lamborghini has thrown the motoring world a curve ball with a report that Sant'Agata will be leaving manual transmissions to the dinosaurs, just like Ferrari. According to Car and Driver, the decision was part of the company's commitment to increasing the overall fuel economy of its products – something the Raging Bull really hasn't had to bother with in the past. In addition to scrapping the third pedal, the company says it plans to build ever-lighter exotics, which means you can bet your pants there will be even more carbon fiber in Lambo's future line-up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/report-lamborghinis-future-includes-less-weight-no-forced-ind/

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2010, 11:59:45 am »
How is this gonna affect the 1/18 scale models that I can actually afford to buy?  :)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2010, 01:28:06 pm »
Rejoice!  Lamborghini's too will be much more efficient...and less of a PITA to drive.

Lamborghini has thrown the motoring world a curve ball with a report that Sant'Agata will be leaving manual transmissions to the dinosaurs, just like Ferrari. According to Car and Driver, the decision was part of the company's commitment to increasing the overall fuel economy of its products – something the Raging Bull really hasn't had to bother with in the past. In addition to scrapping the third pedal, the company says it plans to build ever-lighter exotics, which means you can bet your pants there will be even more carbon fiber in Lambo's future line-up.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/report-lamborghinis-future-includes-less-weight-no-forced-ind/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  :o :o :o :o :o

Right, that means I'm saving up for a Balboni, the last TRUE lambo...  :P

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:03 pm »
Chump change ...  :) ;D

Suggested retail price – without taxes
Europe:
162.000 €

UK:
137.900 £

USA:
219.800 $

Canada
329.700 $

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 04:28:11 pm »

Maybe we should all chip in and buy a CanadianDriver Lambo with a "proper manual gearbox"?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2010, 09:49:44 pm »

Maybe we should all chip in and buy a CanadianDriver Lambo with a "proper manual gearbox"?

Funnily enough I know of another forum that bought a track car, an old MR2.  Did quite well too.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #76 on: March 30, 2010, 09:53:08 pm »

Great idea but this forum would have difficulty on agreeing which day it is.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2010, 07:54:01 pm »
..tabernac choir boy.........????

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:40 pm »

Great idea but this forum would have difficulty on agreeing which day it is.

Offline huota

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-60
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2010, 03:12:07 am »
OMG111 Are those flappy paddles in that car?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd57q02_2cU

;D

« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:08:37 am by huota »
Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth