Author Topic: CD Article: 2010 Mazdaspeed3  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Autos_Editor

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +91/-560
    • View Profile
CD Article: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:06:23 am »

Test Drive:
2010 Mazdaspeed3

2010 Mazdaspeed3"A very fun car" with "a reasonable price-tag", the new Mazdaspeed3 is a "tenacious handler" with a "comfortable" and "practical" interior, says Contributing Editor, Chris Chase.  But torque-steer is still "a going concern" and clutch pedal effort is "heavy".
 More: View the photos | All the Test Drives

Canada Stig

Re: CD Article: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 02:09:02 pm »
Love this car, loved the old version.  The torque steer is a concern - I drove the old one a few times - my brother has one - and that is the only real concern.  It isn't horrible like an Acura RSX Type S, but it is there.  I don't even share the reviewer's opinion of the ride - it is firm, but not overly so.  If only Mazda could make this car AWD, it could give the Evo and Impreza a run for its money.

I've heard the Focus RS in Britain (the Ford version of this) is a near perfect car, except for the torque steer.  Lots of reviews on that car online, which should give some more insight into how this car will eventually work out.  I look forward to trying this 3 out once I am looking to replace the current ride.

vdk

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »
Love this car, loved the old version.  The torque steer is a concern - I drove the old one a few times - my brother has one - and that is the only real concern.  It isn't horrible like an Acura RSX Type S, but it is there.  I don't even share the reviewer's opinion of the ride - it is firm, but not overly so.  If only Mazda could make this car AWD, it could give the Evo and Impreza a run for its money.

I've heard the Focus RS in Britain (the Ford version of this) is a near perfect car, except for the torque steer.  Lots of reviews on that car online, which should give some more insight into how this car will eventually work out.  I look forward to trying this 3 out once I am looking to replace the current ride.

You mean an RSX has torque?  :rofl2:

Canada Stig

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 12:27:29 pm »
Strangely, no, not really.  Just a ton of torque steer.  How do those Honda engineers do that??  :o