Author Topic: Lexus LF-A (production)  (Read 17487 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Lexus LF-A (production)
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 11:54:23 pm »
I don't know why Europeans seem to put up with Italian cars more than North Americans do.

I seem to find from watching british car programs that europeans are very image conscious , and is almost like badge-whore the way they knock on cheap brands.

I may be wrong.  but since a Ferrari is a Ferrari, some people may "put-up" with it, but for me, a Ferrari is just an Italian car/art that I don't have to appreciate.  

don't get me wrong, I like ferrari.  I still think 355 is the best looking/sounding Ferrari of all time, but I would just as soon be happy with Lexus LF-A(if I had one custom made with manual, that would be even better. )

I wouldn't say it is badge whoring, I know loads of people who drive small cheap hatchbacks.  They just seem to care about style over pure reliability stats.  A Fiat 500 isn't about badge, it's about style.  I know it would break down and rust, but I still want one with a passion!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:02 pm »
I don't know why Europeans seem to put up with Italian cars more than North Americans do.

I seem to find from watching british car programs that europeans are very image conscious , and is almost like badge-whore the way they knock on cheap brands.

I may be wrong.  but since a Ferrari is a Ferrari, some people may "put-up" with it, but for me, a Ferrari is just an Italian car/art that I don't have to appreciate.  

don't get me wrong, I like ferrari.  I still think 355 is the best looking/sounding Ferrari of all time, but I would just as soon be happy with Lexus LF-A(if I had one custom made with manual, that would be even better. )

I wouldn't say it is badge whoring, I know loads of people who drive small cheap hatchbacks.  They just seem to care about style over pure reliability stats.  A Fiat 500 isn't about badge, it's about style.  I know it would break down and rust, but I still want one with a passion!

Yea, I understand that argument.  But for me...it just KILLS me if my car needs repair and/or I can't wail on it because it's a wee bit "fragile".  Remember the Supra....everyone who got the keys I reminded them to "beat on it".  Not sure I could say the same with a Ferrari or Lambo..
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 12:10:48 am »

Yea, I understand that argument.  But for me...it just KILLS me if my car needs repair and/or I can't wail on it because it's a wee bit "fragile".  Remember the Supra....everyone who got the keys I reminded them to "beat on it".  Not sure I could say the same with a Ferrari or Lambo..

Yeah, but you sold the thing before you dared put me behind the wheel.... :D
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 12:15:52 am »

:rofl2:

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2010, 12:16:27 am »
^^ But can't you drive no-stick?  :) :D ;D

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2010, 12:25:40 am »

I offered.  IIRC you were busy...or at the time you were hating my guts for some reason or another.   ;D

Seriously..everyone was scared the first time they let it go.  They'd go "HOLY :censor:" and I'd say.."Ummmm...you still have 8 psi more to go, so stay in it!!"

Best fun EVER seeing the expressions.

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2010, 04:25:23 pm »
Lexus LFA supercar is sold out, Toyota says
Izzi Bendall
AutoWeek -- June 2, 2010 - 1:28 pm ET

Toyota has sold all 500 copies of the Lexus LFA supercar that it plans to build.

Toyota will build only 20 copies of the 552-hp two-seater per month for a two-year period beginning in December.

Each car carries a $375,000 base sticker price. U.S. customers will have to lease the car for the first two years, with the option to buy it at the end of the lease term. Lexus is using that sales strategy as a way to keep control of the car and blunt speculators who would buy the car and then try to sell it for a much higher price.

Lexus won't say how many cars were sold in each region of the world. But the carmaker did say that one-third of the European orders came from Germany. Those buyers already have made down payments of $125,715.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline G0dspd

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +11/-4
  • Vroum Vroum
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2010, 02:59:20 am »
Don't fret: Lexus LFA not sold out, more allocated to U.S.
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/04/dont-fret-lexus-lfa-not-sold-out-more-allocated-to-u-s/

The recent rash of reports about the Lexus LFA being sold out appears to have been a bit premature.

Production of the LFA begins this December and Toyota intends to produce a total of 500 units which will be sold through an unorthodox leasing procedure. The process involves putting money down, signing a non-transferable lease for 24 months and then having the option to purchase the 552-horsepower supercoupe once the two-year term comes to a close. As reported previously, the leasing system is an attempt to thwart speculators who would undoubtedly purchase an LFA and then flip it for a profit on the exotic market.

As for selling out, Lexus officials have said that the number of interested parties has exceeded the total 500-unit run, but as always, interest is different than intent, and a few more slots for U.S. buyers still remain. Additionally, the original cap of 150 LFA's slated for Stateside consumption has increased by 21 units for a total of 171, although it's unclear where those additional LFAs are coming from.
"Can we make this quick? I have to give a banana to Annie's Boobs."