Author Topic: Toronto Shoot - Pics & Details  (Read 10222 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: Toronto Shoot - Pics & Details
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 12:06:46 am »
Wow. Fantastic shot.

Thinking hard about the huge canvas. Are you going to be autographing them? :)

Thanks Erik. Ha ha could do! Will try and get a quote this weekend for the triptych.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Erik

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +60/-374
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2000 Honda Insight
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 10:14:02 am »
Bob, is that the 30X20 inch one that is listed on the website?
"The car is the closest thing we will ever create to something that is alive." - Sir William Lyons

Offline huota

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +49/-60
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 10:49:45 am »
Thanks all, very much appreciated!  :)

This image is already available as a print or canvas on this site:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/robsmithphoto/art/3939809-3-toronto-skyline

But I've had a couple of requests for a larger triptych.  Would anyone else be interested in buying this panorama in 3 x 18" wide canvases?  I have no idea of the cost yet, I'm assuming $200+ so it won't be cheap, but ~5ft of art rarely is.  But a group buy would get some sort of discount. PM me if you are interested as I'll be going to the printers in a few days.

For reference, we had a family group picture of five families taken this summer. Price of a 10x8 print? $200 each. If you can get the panorama on canvas for anything close to $200 I wouldn't consider it a bad price.

Oh, it's a great shot, btw. I like the tones.
Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 12:27:46 pm »
Wow. Fantastic shot.

Thinking hard about the huge canvas. Are you going to be autographing them? :)

Thanks Erik. Ha ha could do! Will try and get a quote this weekend for the triptych.

Enlighten the ignorant if you wouldn't mind -- I understand a triptych is a piece of art divided into three sections -- whats the advantage of that over canvas?

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:25 am »
Bob, is that the 30X20 inch one that is listed on the website?

A print is available up to 2ft wide (610mm), either matted to put in your own frame, mounted on a board, or in a frame with a matte surround.

A canvas is also available up to 30" wide (762mm) which would look awesome.  I have ordered a few canvases from that site and they are very good.  Bear in mind for canvases the image is not wrap around so the edges are white.

Thanks huota, I agree, it will probably be more expensive.

Wxyone there is no real difference, just personal preference.  Triptychs are a bit more contemporary (so it depends on the style you prefer) and seeing as it would be a custom job then I can make the image larger, so about 5ft across all three sections.

:)

Offline Weels

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +253/-259
  • This is my happy face
    • View Profile
  • Cars: The 5's: 2023 Mazda CX-5, 2016 Mazda MX-5
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 10:12:55 am »
OK - thanks - so with a triptych, can you tell that it is in 3 sections, or does it look seamless on the wall?
Or is that the idea - to look like there were three individual shots that are grouped together

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 12:13:53 pm »
OK - thanks - so with a triptych, can you tell that it is in 3 sections, or does it look seamless on the wall?
Or is that the idea - to look like there were three individual shots that are grouped together

It will look like this:

http://www.fotoviva.co.uk/triptych-art.asp

but more of a widescreen panorama.  If it was going to be seamless I'd just get it made that way, probably cheaper as one piece, less framing costs.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »
OK so I looked into this a few weeks back, just forgot to post.

A triptych would cost about $350 + tax, for 3 canvases, each about 18" wide.  Bear in mind this is three good sized high quality canvases.  He also said he would give me a decent discount if I ordered a few.

Someone has just asked to buy this image from me printed 8ft wide!!  If they are OK with the price I can't wait to see it that big!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2011, 08:35:34 am »
  10 Foot by 8 foot please.......................Trixie where are U!!!!!! ;) :brkhrt:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline 5 Wheel Drive

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +88/-20
    • View Profile
  • Cars: My Mazda fleet: 2014 CX9 GS, 2013 Mazda 3 GX, 1997 Miata
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2011, 09:01:40 am »
Bob, I was so caught up at your photo's I didn't realize this thread was started back in '09.

I love b&w architectural city scapes like these.  Absolutely beautiful! :bow2:

"This is no Playstation, this.  There is no reset button if you get it wrong.  You just go through the pearly gates...on fire!"   -Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2011, 09:11:10 am »
Thank you!

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45:22 pm »
Bob - don't forget about my prints....too much cognac...forget?  :rofl:

I know I know, everyone in the house has had strep throat this last week or so, so only just recovering.  Will get on it this weekend.

:)