Author Topic: 2009 WRX on the Dyno & Tuned  (Read 38719 times)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
Re: 2009 WRX on the Dyno & Tuned
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2009, 04:12:04 pm »
Come on AB catch up, I'm comparing the new WRX to the EVO vs my 1999 Impreza I used to own, doh!

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:33 pm »
All those metal, drilled pad-less pedals have to go.  Ferchrissakes, it's not really a race car.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2009, 04:41:06 pm »
The seats in the GC8 Impreza were superb, sit in a few of them before.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2009, 04:53:30 pm »
Come on AB catch up, I'm comparing the new WRX to the EVO vs my 1999 Impreza I used to own, doh!

AB is having a bad air day  :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2009, 05:08:19 pm »
It sound like you had a 10 year car now!

Office is always the shits
I do not know how people can work in one location day , after day, after day
I would end like Joe Banks if I did this everyday

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 05:31:03 pm »

You have internet in the truck? r

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 06:06:53 pm »
Now I'm catching up, who's joe banks?

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 06:35:11 pm »
He is Joe Boxer's Random Cousin.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 07:08:22 pm »

Office day :'(

Joe Banks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGLKnAvzlg4

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 07:28:01 pm »

Joe Banks

Ha ha, awesome!  Our air-con in work is so powerful I can feel it sucking the moisture out of me each day!

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 09:35:03 pm »

Joe Banks

Ha ha, awesome!  Our air-con in work is so powerful I can feel it sucking the moisture out of me each day!

I used to have hair similar to that (longer though), as was the style at the time! :rofl2:
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 09:55:35 pm »

Joe Banks

I used to have hair similar to that (longer though), as was the style at the time! :rofl2:
:ttiwwp:
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 10:01:16 pm »

Joe Banks

Railton

Fortunately, Mum refused to take any pictures when I came home from university until after I had my hair cut! ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:53:43 pm by Sir Osis of Liver »

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 10:29:00 pm »

Joe Banks

Railton

Fortunately, Mum refused to take any pictures when I came home from university until after I had my hait cut! ;D
Hey, this isn't the religious thread - I didn’t want to see pictures of your trimmed dongle, I wanted to see pictures of your long hair-doo. :rofl2:
Railton

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2009, 01:15:35 am »
Of course I was talking about the seats as well you muppet. When you get in the mitsubishi the whole experience (position, seats, wheel, pedals, dials etc.) just feels right. The recaro's are a big part of that, they make you feel attached to the car! How can subaru make the current seats worse than the ones in my 10 year old car?

I can't say I have ever been called a muppet. I usually get way worse.

I find it hard to believe that you hate the seats that much. Since I only have the WRX and I actually get "Wow these are nice sets" all the time from guys and gals. I can only assume that the ones in the STI are better. I've tried the STI ones out at the dealer and they seemed fine to me. I'm just going to go on thinking that you haven't got a clue and you just want to :censor: people off.
In a world where the dead are returning to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:55 am »
Bob just has a skinny little UK butt and she forgot that size matters in NA  :)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2009, 08:35:39 am »
Ha ha, now now ladies, put the handbags away.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2009, 10:46:09 am »
Of course I was talking about the seats as well you muppet. When you get in the mitsubishi the whole experience (position, seats, wheel, pedals, dials etc.) just feels right. The recaro's are a big part of that, they make you feel attached to the car! How can subaru make the current seats worse than the ones in my 10 year old car?

I find it hard to believe that you hate the seats that much. Since I only have the WRX and I actually get "Wow these are nice sets" all the time from guys and gals. I can only assume that the ones in the STI are better. I've tried the STI ones out at the dealer and they seemed fine to me. I'm just going to go on thinking that you haven't got a clue and you just want to :censor: people off.

Zombie, it's looking like you're the one without a clue here.  Bob's saying that the whole interior package of the WRX is inferior to the Ralliart / Evo's.  The feel / layout of the dash and switchgear and also the seats make a combined, superior environment.  The seats in the WRX aren't bad, per se, they're just worse now than they were on previous generation WRX's and are much worse than those in the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart and Evo X. 

Clear now?
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2009, 08:56:12 pm »

OK lets set the record straight here.

First of all I love Subaru's, the old Impreza I had was an awesome car.

I have no bias towards either Mitsubishi or Subaru, I would love to own either of their top end cars, and the 265 was most definitely at the top of my "next car" list, as the Evo and the STi are both out of my price range.  So I think my disappointment with it was probably because I had built it up to be the ultimate next vehicle for me.

Now I haven't driven the 265 but I trust GD's judgement enough to believe what he said about it. I prefer the look of the Mitsubishi's to the current gen Subaru's, and when comparing the interiors the Mitsubishi wins hands down.  The seats are a big part of it, but even the pedals and steering wheel just felt, well sportier.

I'm not trying to :censor: you off or any other owners, so apologies, to be honest I had forgotton that anyone on this forum had the current gen Impreza.  I know what it's like when someone slags off the car you own and I didn't mean to do that at all.

I can understand why the seats feel good to joe the plumber coming from an average car, but compared to Recaro's and even to the old Impreza's, they just didn't feel great In My Humble Opinion.

Weighing up everything I think I would prefer the Mitsubishi, even the lesser models below the EVO, but then that's just me.  Maybe a drive in the 265 will change my mind, I'll certainly do that once I start shopping.

:cheers:  :)

Offline Zombie

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +2/-1
  • Brainszzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 04:11:32 pm »

OK lets set the record straight here.

First of all I love Subaru's, the old Impreza I had was an awesome car.

I have no bias towards either Mitsubishi or Subaru, I would love to own either of their top end cars, and the 265 was most definitely at the top of my "next car" list, as the Evo and the STi are both out of my price range.  So I think my disappointment with it was probably because I had built it up to be the ultimate next vehicle for me.

Now I haven't driven the 265 but I trust GD's judgement enough to believe what he said about it. I prefer the look of the Mitsubishi's to the current gen Subaru's, and when comparing the interiors the Mitsubishi wins hands down.  The seats are a big part of it, but even the pedals and steering wheel just felt, well sportier.

I'm not trying to :censor: you off or any other owners, so apologies, to be honest I had forgotton that anyone on this forum had the current gen Impreza.  I know what it's like when someone slags off the car you own and I didn't mean to do that at all.

I can understand why the seats feel good to joe the plumber coming from an average car, but compared to Recaro's and even to the old Impreza's, they just didn't feel great In My Humble Opinion.

Weighing up everything I think I would prefer the Mitsubishi, even the lesser models below the EVO, but then that's just me.  Maybe a drive in the 265 will change my mind, I'll certainly do that once I start shopping.

:cheers:  :)

The Recaro seats I will give you. I have actually never sat on Recaro's so I will have to take your word that they are better. It does seem to be the consensus around town but the rest of the caparison is about par.  If you look a the photos I posted earlier of the two interiors, I don't see how one is batter then the other. Not to mention that that is a comparison of an EVO and a WRX, the STI has a slightly nicer interior and better seats. I mean I'm not stupid I realize that the interior of say a BWM, Audi, Acura are all better but to say that the Lancer's interior is hands down better is a bit of a stretch don't you think (- the seats).