Poll

Do you take separate vacations from your partner?

Yes
5 (18.5%)
No
22 (81.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Do you take separate vacations from your partner?  (Read 3585 times)

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-98
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
Re: Do you take separate vacations from your partner?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 10:51:46 am »
The only vacation I've been taking by myself over the past years, is a 4 days ski trip with a good, old friend of mine. We try to make this a "tradition". This year we are going to Colorado (Aspen and Vail).
In late March, we'll take a family vacation to Cuba for a week.

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 02:14:10 pm »
Never, my wife and I have morphed into one person...no kids and 20+ yrs together will do that I guess. This year we are going to Cuba in march and southern Spain, Portugal and Morrocco in late august.  :)

That's great las, I'm going to Cuba by the end of the year. Gotta see my dad, finally, after 14 years. :D

Wow, 14yrs! That will be an emotional moment. Fantastic!

Sure it will. It was all set to go in march, but then this crisis came over, the dolar climbed and I realized that I would lost a lot of money going now, so I decided to wait a bit. The more I can save, the more I can give to my relatives in Cuba.
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2009, 04:19:50 pm »
commitment PHOBIC............ ;)................maybe Dad will "hook-Up" with G/F......combined 24 years  c'mom Wolfie **** or get OFF tha "POT?" :stick: :bang: :light: :bow: >:D :shuffle: :run:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 04:24:26 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

UmroAyyar

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2009, 04:25:21 pm »
Never, my wife and I have morphed into one person...no kids and 20+ yrs together will do that I guess. This year we are going to Cuba in march and southern Spain, Portugal and Morrocco in late august.  :)

That's great las, I'm going to Cuba by the end of the year. Gotta see my dad, finally, after 14 years. :D

Sure it will. It was all set to go in march, but then this crisis came over, the dolar climbed and I realized that I would lost a lot of money going now, so I decided to wait a bit. The more I can save, the more I can give to my relatives in Cuba.

Have a fabulous trip. Its quite a fulfilling experience meeting the loved ones after that long. Don't forget to have fun too. :)

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 06:41:33 pm »

Have a fabulous trip. Its quite a fulfilling experience meeting the loved ones after that long. Don't forget to have fun too. :)

I've planing this trip for years, it will be perfect.  :D

Offline Blue01

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +13/-13
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 10:56:06 pm »
After more than 25 years of wedded bliss ;D, we're going to give separate vacations a try this year.
May or June she's heading east to the Centre of the Universe to see her little sis.  That could prove very very expensive, the two of them hitting all the big box and outlet stores, and doing their darndest to give the Canadian economy a boost. :o

The sometime in July or August, I'm heading off on my Gold Wing for a week of some serious riding.  Tentative destinations are Utah, Wyoming, Montana and Idaho.  With the Wing giving 50 mpg, a tent on the back and very little beer consumption while riding, the trip should prove to be easy on the bank account.

Then come September, we'll attempt to do the Oregon, Cailifornia coast together.  On the Wing of course.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 11:00:07 pm by Blue01 »