Author Topic: Make 'Em Laugh: PBS Series on the History of American Comedy Starts Tonight!  (Read 1641 times)

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Anyone else going to watch it?  In my area, the first two episodes will be on WNED from 9:00 to 11:00 (I checked my cable guide).

Comments on the series are near the end of this article:  http://www.thestar.com/Entertainment/article/563438

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Hmmm...might be worth watching.  Hopefully they have some 3 Stooges history!   ;D
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Bah.  Who needs history when there are some living right in this forum?   :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
..bang..poke...tweak.....................
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
..bang..poke...tweak.....................
\

Artic , Barrie and Honda Owner  maybe?      ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 05:56:38 am by tpl »
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
I caught a bit of it last night. They a bit on Steve Martin "a wild and crazy guy!!!"
I read a biography on him last year. He's quite the thoughtful fellow, much more so than any of the characters he portrayed. His  comedy borrowed heavily on the comics of old in burlesque - joke telling, a little singing, a little music making (banjo), a little magic, a little slap stick and of course, he always wore a suit. (once he started to make a living at what he did)
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?