Author Topic: Post Your Car Related Holiday Gifts  (Read 8336 times)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
Re: Post Your Car Related Holiday Gifts
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 06:43:45 pm »
..wot 'appened to those PIRELLI...ahem!!!!  CALENDARS.........that showed U PNEUMatics and other necessary visual clues................................... ;D   ta fixing a FLAT    of course.......................,,,
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 06:45:55 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 08:09:22 pm »
Speeding ticket on Christmas day.

121 in a 100 zone.  He didn't even say Merry Christmas when he gave me the ticket. :(

What were you actually going, where abouts, and what kind of radar if it's not too much of an intrusion?  :)

I'm obsessed with cop radar/tickets.  :P

Just for you as I know you will love it.

Cruising along the 401 (Westbound) between Chatham and Windsor with the cruise on somewhere between 120-124kph and traffic is light, weather is perfect and roads are dry.

Start passing some truck in the middle of three lanes and then notice its a copper. He waits until I'm pass and the on comes the (inside) lights to which I quickly pull over. He gets out of his truck and starts screaming at all the cars that don't move over and right then I know its over.

He comes to the window and just says, don't pass cops and give me your license and insurance. I find my license and he starts to walk away to which I say, didn't you want my insurance. He basically says, I really don't give a :censor: I just need to know if you have insurance (my version of what I felt he was saying).

He comes back and gives me the ticket saying the instructions are on the back.

I made the bone head move of passing a cop driving in the middle (not right) on a clear sunny day on dry road with minimal traffic on Christmas day. I'm guilty. I'll take my lump as the number of traps I've blown through at 130kph or the number of times I've done the London-Toronto at 150kph without getting caught. Just that morning I was doing 155-160kph between Toronto-London, it could have been worse.

The only part that bugs me is that I knew that OPP in that Chatham area are all about giving out tickets...as many as they can. Oh well.

On the way back the next day we say about 10 people pulled over between Windsor and Chatham but at least then it was freezing rain/rain so I can understand anybody going over 110kph getting a ticket.

barrie1

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2008, 01:24:39 am »
I have led a convoy of trucks to a carshow just outside of Windsor in the past and when we came up on a Police car I would virtually pull up beside him and say Hi. I would very slowly creep past him and so would the next truck do the same all the way down the line until we were all safely past him. Then I would dump the pedal down again and we would haul. They always seemed to like our politeness and the lineup of older trucks as well. Never bothered us yet and this has happened at least 4 times in that area no less going both ways to and from the show. Only on hyw 3 did they pull over the 2nd truck and charge him for passing one car which was really slow but it was a bait car last summer.  :)

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 02:28:12 am »

Start passing some truck in the middle of three lanes and then notice its a copper

Thanks for posting.

If you don't mind 1 more ?

The truck?  Was it an unmarked Yukon?

I'm guilty. I'll take my lump as the number of traps I've blown through at 130kph or the number of times I've done the London-Toronto at 150kph without getting caught.

I agree that you're kind of in a pickel with this one.  :P   

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
Re: re: Post Your Car Related Holiday Gifts
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 02:54:39 am »
The closest thing I got was one of those Shamwow's you see advertised on TV.

Been wondering if those work as advertised.  Looks like it could come in handy.  Any testing yet??  :)
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
Re: re: Post Your Car Related Holiday Gifts
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 06:11:45 am »
The closest thing I got was one of those Shamwow's you see advertised on TV.

Been wondering if those work as advertised.  Looks like it could come in handy.  Any testing yet??  :)

They are a costco also 8 for $19.99 no shipping  :rofl: they feel like the artificial  chamois crappy tire sells

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 06:23:03 am »
If you don't mind 1 more ?

The truck?  Was it an unmarked Yukon?

That was the strange part as it wasn't. I was more like a service truck. The only way I can describe, it looked like the Dodge truck (but was a GM) from Emergency 51 but not as tall in the back.

http://www.emergencyfans.com/collectibles/plastic%20-%20squad51.jpg

I parked so close to the shoulder that he had to walk through the snow to get to the passenger side but by seeing the size of that belly he had (he made Santa look fit), looks like he could have used the extra exercise. ;D

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 08:00:49 am »
Quad - you are not alone. I too got flashed - on the 24th and I was going over the limit. Problem is that he was parked at the school behind a snowbank and barely visible.

Everyone knows that school zones have lower limits. I forgot it was a school zone and he forgot there was no school, so he pulled me over. I was doing under 70 when I looked at the speedo when I passed him, he had a higher number.

At the time I was a little late to pick up a client and was sailing right along and not really noticing. Guilty and I told him that, but I had not noticed the school zone sign and limit.

Take my lumps and he knocked it down to 10 over with no points and a $40 fine. Funny thing is my only other speeding ticket in my life was way back in 1973 on the same road!  :o

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 08:57:35 am »
 :laugh: Wow that's some pretty eclectic taste in music you got going there. I hate to say it but I might choose to ride with the kids and listen to "Elmo sings your favourites" than listen to your tunes. To each their own and please no offence intended.

On a related note I had somebody ask to use my iPod as a jukebox over the holidays and it was short lived. I kept having to explain how this music was meant to be enjoyable to me and me only, not to prove that I listen to "cool" music by somebody else s' tastes. I've got everything from Ice-T and Bodycount to Madonna to Beatles to The Band.....and everything in between on there! :o
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline Dante

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +33/-97
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 VW GTI DSG, 2011 BMW 328i xDrive 6MT, 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 09:02:24 am »
I got a BMW X5 (2007) and a Subaru STI (2003) 1:43 diecast models.

I also witnessed a hit-and-run in a mall parking lot; I left a note to the victim with the license plate, make and color of the car that hit his/hers. However, the victim I think was parked illegal, on the stripped zone at the end of the aisle.

baumer00

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 11:24:06 am »
My boss just gave me a 2009 Car & Driver Dream Cars desk calendar.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:27:42 am »

No offence taken, really,  :) but how can you say that if you have never heard the particular artist/music? and if you say that you have "everything in-between" :think:

Betcha if I played some of this stuff for ya, your toes would be a-tappin'  ;D

But But  ... there is John Mayer in the mix!  :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 11:29:33 am »
 ::)..BJB !!!?.... INSTEAD of a PARTNERSHIP............................... :P.................j/k

I agree Las.........I love tuning in my Sirius BOOM BOX!!!! :D...and gettin all jiggy wif da TOONS...................from all the channels........trouble is like MOOFIES...TOO many too listen to it ALL.................maybe wot 20 movies a week BUT PROLLY Mega Thousands of "songs!!" weekly.......................like the olde sayin goes..............TOO MANY WIMMEN TOO LIL TIME................Studdly Saf in his dreams...................

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 11:35:41 am »
Then maybe you should switch to X&M, Saf.  :)

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2008, 11:42:36 am »
how can you say that if you have never heard the particular artist/music? and if you say that you have "everything in-between" :think:

I have heard many of them, a couple that I could not reasonably say I have heard of, ever. As for the toe-tappin you never know. I have XM as well and really enjoy it. "Hair Nation" is my current fav. (many a download have been inspired by that station!) Did anyone get an XM or sirius mobile kit for their car? Makes a great gift.....

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2008, 11:52:12 am »
..I'm just waiting for XM & Sirius to merge...........................S&M Radio.......Oh beat me baybee 4 to the bar..................... 8)

Actually XM is in dire straits ;) and Sirius is seriously underfunded...............TALK is they are both DOOMED.......................I'm paid up to the Summer.................so nobody FALL for these 3 year contract deals they are pushing eh!!!

Offline Minou

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +11/-26
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Mazda 3 GS, 2016 Ford Edge SEL, 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2008, 12:18:32 pm »
Minou nice catch as a new tool box is always great to have but usually needs more tools tho. Remember it gets heavy so be careful as it also adds more weight to the car if you carry it in the trunk. 

Nah, I never carry any tools in my car.  I've been driving japanese cars since 1981 and now a '08 Hyundai!!!

Joke ;D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2008, 06:55:56 pm »
how can you say that if you have never heard the particular artist/music? and if you say that you have "everything in-between" :think:

I have heard many of them, a couple that I could not reasonably say I have heard of, ever. As for the toe-tappin you never know. I have XM as well and really enjoy it. "Hair Nation" is my current fav. (many a download have been inspired by that station!) Did anyone get an XM or sirius mobile kit for their car? Makes a great gift.....

XM $ucks, even at $9.99/ month it not worth it

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2008, 07:06:40 pm »
You'd have to pry my Sirius/XM out of my cold dead fingers.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

barrie1

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2008, 10:57:40 pm »
I'll still take the Free Music on the normal radio as I just can't see spending money on the Satelite radio's yet at all. I am sure the music selection is probably quite good but at the price versus free I myself will wait until they force us to pay.  I do have about 200 albums left and about the same no. of tapes and CD's also so I will survive for many years enjoying the sounds of free music.  :)