Author Topic: Merry Christmas...  (Read 2250 times)

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Merry Christmas...
« on: December 25, 2008, 12:11:30 am »
Merry Christmas everyone.  While I am not a religious person, I do think that we can be reflective and find the best in ourselves.

Do NOT:

Despair if you cannot afford the best/biggest/whatever gifts.  Most people in the world will be wondering where their next meal will be coming from.  War, hunger and abject poverty are all affecting the majority of the planet's population.

Take your health for granted.  Many people will be spending this holiday season suffering from terrible illnesses.  If you are not, be thankful.

Judge yourself or others by their possessions.  Making money is easy compared to the hard work that gets done all over the world everyday.

DO:

Hugs.  Give 'em when you can.  People need physical contact.  Turn off the TV and talk.  Interact!

The unexpected.  Freak people out with random acts of kindness.  Be generous when it's least expected and most helpful.

Look after your body.  Yes, it's a cliche, but follow through this year to quit smoking/lose weight/whatever.  Do it for your family, do it for yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to put out some cookies for Santa...

Cheers,

John.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 12:16:25 am »
Merry Christmas everyone.   

Peace and good will to all.

UmroAyyar

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 12:19:24 am »
Whether you celebrate Christmas or not. Its a festive occasion, much as Hannukah, Eid, Diwali etc.

Merry Christmas and best wishes. Greeting is the festive thing to do, greet the people around you.

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 12:26:09 am »
Good messages, all. Whatever your color or religion or lack thereof, the Best of the Season to you. It is a time to be a little more caring, although we should be that way all year, most of us get too busy to pay attention to the things in life that are really important - such a family, friends, health and a positive attitude.

2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 01:22:57 am »
Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to everyone.

We are not big on Christmas celebration, and we do get together and celebrate the holiday season. Just finished a big dinner with family and friends, and we are thankful another year had past and we are healthy and still able to make a comfortable living.

:cheers: :cheers:

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 03:06:43 am »
Merry Christmas to all my buds

Offline Frontier1

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +25/-245
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 06:16:35 am »
Merry Christmas to all at CTC.  It's a day to reflect on how lucky we are as Canadians to be able to get up this morning and see another Christmas day.  Enjoy your time with family and friends and peace to all.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2008, 07:50:39 am »
..MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you Turkeys,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,may U get stuffed,"roasted" and carve out a better (OK less worse) tomorrow...................TOMORROW is College BALL games and left ov'r nog....lil bird sandwiches...all grilled with cran.......fab bevvies...all lined up in a row..................glow of a real fire ...and visions of snow...that i don't have ta shovel....i've no place to GO............these are a few of my Fav things...just family and friends ...counting our BLING..... :cheers: :banana: :banana: :banana: :thumbup: :lick: :inlove:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2008, 08:41:50 am »
Happy Holidays to everybody! 

:cheers:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2008, 10:18:34 am »
Merry Christmas everyone, now get off the forum and enjoy it!
 :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 11:45:34 am »
All the best to my friends on CTC!  You guys and gals are the best. :pimp: :bounce: :winner: :cheers:

Happy holidays to all who celebrate and to those who don't.  And if you happen to be a professional curmudgeon, I have a gift, even for you! :rofl2: :rofl2::

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

vdk

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2008, 11:58:12 am »
Merry Xmas everyone, hope Santa was generous.

Offline Black Hatch

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +36/-42
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2014 CX-5GT w/Tech
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 12:47:01 pm »
Merry Christmas All, hope you guys got all that you wanted from Santa.

Merry Christmas everyone, now get off the forum and enjoy it!
 :rofl2:
But its cold outside and all the stores are closed.  ;D

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 01:05:02 pm »
Isn't TNT Open? The Dim Sum places are booming on days like today.

I am just happy to be indoors and play with RCs. ... and GT5!

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 01:09:43 pm »
Happy Ho Ho to all. Well.....back to the over-stimulated children :D
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 05:27:43 pm »
 ::) looks like ya "drummed" some sense inta ONE OF THEM.............. ;) ;D :P.....