Author Topic: 2010 Taurus Spotted (interior too).  (Read 7929 times)

Offline sailor723

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +417/-1000
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '17 BMW X5 Xdrive35i, '11 BMW 328iXdrive,
Re: 2010 Taurus Spotted (interior too).
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 12:48:22 pm »
I agree that the 4 spoke wheel looks too bulky. I'm also not a fan of the high beltline and skinny side windows a la 300M. Overall,I'm not a fan of most of the recent Ford styling trends and this does nothing to change my mind.

It's funny,Ford seems to be doing the most of the old "big 3" to try and change. I want to like their stuff but they just don't seem to hit the mark for me when it comes to style.
Old Jag convertible...one itch I won't have to scratch again.

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2008, 08:51:53 pm »
The more I look at this the more I think that its a rehashed version of the late 80s.

Many of the interior cues remind me of 90 Taurus Wagon my family used to have. It was a good car, but today it would just look odd.
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 02:16:53 pm »
The more I look at this the more I think that its a rehashed version of the late 80s.

Many of the interior cues remind me of 90 Taurus Wagon my family used to have. It was a good car, but today it would just look odd.

You're "just look odd" refers to the interior mmret?  What cues remind you of the '90s Taurus?

I'm OK with cues that reach back in time.  An example of that would be the BMW twin-kidney grille...it's always there...it's just gone through many iterations and modernizations.

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2008, 03:53:41 pm »
Wonder if there will be an SHO version? 

Looks that way . Rumour is a 340HP version of the EcoBoost 3.5L V6.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

mrgoody

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2008, 05:50:06 pm »
The car will not sell, as last years model the car is bulky and ugly looking.  Ford needs to do something for there full size model make it more aerodynamic etc (GM did this with Malibu)
All ford is doing is dressing up a old lady and trying to pass her as young old lady.  Does not work ford-smarten up before it is too late

Offline Sir Osis of Liver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1376/-1726
  • Ramblin' man
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 KTM DUKE 390, 2019 VW Jetta GLI 35th Anniversary
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2008, 06:16:58 pm »
The car will not sell, as last years model the car is bulky and ugly looking.  Ford needs to do something for there full size model make it more aerodynamic etc (GM did this with Malibu)
All ford is doing is dressing up a old lady and trying to pass her as young old lady.  Does not work ford-smarten up before it is too late

2009 Taurus

weight 3643 lbs
height 61.5"
length 201.8"
width 74.5"

264HP
249ft-lb @ 4501RPM
13.1l/100km city
8.4l/100km highway

2009 Avalon

weight 3560"
height 58.5"
length 197.2"
width 72.8"

268hp
248ft-lb @ 4700
12.4l/100km city
8.4l/100km highway

Looks are entirely subjective. Size and performance are about par for the course. The Camry/Accord competitor is the Fusion. The Taurus is a large car for people who like large cars.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »
Malibu is not the target here.  The Impala would be the Chevy competitor to the Taurus.  Everyone thinks of the Taurus of old...well its not anymore...its much bigger.  The Fusion is the new Taurus and the Taurus is the new Crown Vic (sort of).

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:29 am »

You're "just look odd" refers to the interior mmret?  What cues remind you of the '90s Taurus?

I'm OK with cues that reach back in time.  An example of that would be the BMW twin-kidney grille...it's always there...it's just gone through many iterations and modernizations.

Yup, talking about the interior. The exterior is a bit camo'd up but looks alright...bland but otherwise not stuck in the 80s.

Offline MKII

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +19/-83
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:12 am »
first shots of a SHO-badged dashboard http://jalopnik.com/5118591/the-ford-taurus-sho-is-back

1st perception I get is a combo Focus/Escape dash. The air vents in the new Taurus look fine in a truck, but not in a car.

Ford N.A. should stick to truck design and leave car design to their other international design studios.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 07:18:41 am by MKII »

Cortina

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 10:44:17 am »
Oh my what big back lights.  :)

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +2/-0
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Ford Focus sedan 2008 1.6 Flexfuel
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 12:39:48 pm »
first shots of a SHO-badged dashboard http://jalopnik.com/5118591/the-ford-taurus-sho-is-back

1st perception I get is a combo Focus/Escape dash. The air vents in the new Taurus look fine in a truck, but not in a car.

Ford N.A. should stick to truck design and leave car design to their other international design studios.

I've got a mixed opinion here. I love the Mondeo and the Focus look, but I also love the Fusion and the Taurus is growing on me, the interior looks amazing. That goes without saying that the new Mustang is awesome.

Just my 2 cents.
"If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make a change."

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
    • It's time for a Diesel Revolution!!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 10:10:40 am »
I'm glad to see that Ford has done somthing to stem the blandness in the North American lineup. Although in an ideal world, Ford would have one set of vehicles the world over and not different models for the America's and one for the rest of the world. I am sure this would help stem Ford losses.

Anyway as for the car. I like it!

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 10:26:52 am »
I'm glad to see that Ford has done somthing to stem the blandness in the North American lineup. Although in an ideal world, Ford would have one set of vehicles the world over and not different models for the America's and one for the rest of the world. I am sure this would help stem Ford losses.

This is the plan, starting with the Fiesta. But I think the NA market need some different products, since the average NA car buyer prefers bigger cas and pickups.

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
    • It's time for a Diesel Revolution!!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 04:13:14 pm »

This is the plan, starting with the Fiesta. But I think the NA market need some different products, since the average NA car buyer prefers bigger cas and pickups.
I just that they do not change the Fiesta in the way they changed the Contour(Mondeo) and 2000-2004 Focus. I agree that it would be stupid to alienate the traditional NA car buyer but as I said "in an ideal world" :)

Offline Wolverine

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 07:41:40 pm »

I just that they do not change the Fiesta in the way they changed the Contour(Mondeo) and 2000-2004 Focus. I agree that it would be stupid to alienate the traditional NA car buyer but as I said "in an ideal world" :)

Maybe a few changes to meet NA bumper specifications, I hope nothing too dramatic that could hurt the car design.