Author Topic: What you Buy or DIY show off thread  (Read 1783205 times)

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +170/-337
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
Re: What you Buy or DIY show off thread
« Reply #8500 on: November 09, 2023, 09:39:24 am »
Man, I just can't get behind the bidet/smart toilet thing....Tried them in hotels and it's just weird to me. If you enjoy it though, then why not, looks like a nice unit. I assume you installed that outlet right next to the toilet specifically? Whats with the second outlet in the same spot on the opposite wall?

The second outlet is for the soaking tub. It's aerated. Just forward of that plug you can see the water connections for the tub.

Not sure what you mean by "weird"?  The toilet part is "better"..even more hygienic. There's no need to touch the toilet. Raises/lowers seat automatically and flushes automatically. Barring that, you can operate the toilet flushing with your toe (you can see button near floor) or you can use the remote. Or, if feeling old school nostalgic...use the regular flushing button on the side like a "normal" toilet.

Or did you mean the bidet/washing function? Yes, that might take getting used to...having water lightly sprayed (this one is oscillating) on your ring. But as you know, "washing" with water cleans things better than smearing with toilet paper.

Oh..And there's also a blow dryer for your bum! Which I'm not sold on yet as I think it takes too long (it took 4 minutes during my time trial).

'Dads on TV!'  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecplAPd-K4

How is it better than the bidet seat? Those are very good

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7218
    • View Profile
« Reply #8501 on: November 09, 2023, 10:05:37 am »
Man, I just can't get behind the bidet/smart toilet thing....Tried them in hotels and it's just weird to me. If you enjoy it though, then why not, looks like a nice unit. I assume you installed that outlet right next to the toilet specifically? Whats with the second outlet in the same spot on the opposite wall?

The second outlet is for the soaking tub. It's aerated. Just forward of that plug you can see the water connections for the tub.

Not sure what you mean by "weird"?  The toilet part is "better"..even more hygienic. There's no need to touch the toilet. Raises/lowers seat automatically and flushes automatically. Barring that, you can operate the toilet flushing with your toe (you can see button near floor) or you can use the remote. Or, if feeling old school nostalgic...use the regular flushing button on the side like a "normal" toilet.

Or did you mean the bidet/washing function? Yes, that might take getting used to...having water lightly sprayed (this one is oscillating) on your ring. But as you know, "washing" with water cleans things better than smearing with toilet paper.

Oh..And there's also a blow dryer for your bum! Which I'm not sold on yet as I think it takes too long (it took 4 minutes during my time trial).
I think instead of a blow dryer I'd rather a exhaust vent, get those poo poo odors out the house.
It's got a built in deodorizer.

When you sit, it turns on an exhaust preemptively. It then blows it through charcoal filters. In addition, it runs for 3 minutes after the flush.

How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +128/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra; 2012 Civic (Junior1), 2013 Sentra (Junior2)
« Reply #8502 on: November 09, 2023, 10:08:03 am »

I think instead of a blow dryer I'd rather a exhaust vent, get those poo poo odors out the house.

When you sit, it turns on an exhaust preemptively. It then blows it through charcoal filters. In addition, it runs for 3 minutes after the flush.

Can you provide a link for this throne?  You have me curious.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline DriverJeff

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +181/-628
    • View Profile
    • Echo Bay Media
  • Cars: Whatever I'm assigned for the week + '13 Lexus GX460, '86 Toyota MR2, '18 Kawasaki Z900RS SE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (GF's)
« Reply #8503 on: November 09, 2023, 10:09:31 am »

Oh hell, if I'm there for an article or two, what's another 4 minutes to dry?   :rofl2:

As for your tub, that sounds all fine and well, but if there's only room for one, well...  that's no good.  ;) 
The past:00 BMW M Rdstr, 19 Jetta, 15 Ducati Scrambler, 09 Triumph Bonneville, 98 Boxster, 17 Kawi Z900, 05 LS 430, 99 LS 400, 17 Subaru STI, 14 Triumph STR, 15 WRX, 09 Ducati Monster 1100,  08 335i, 06 Suzuki SV650S, 06 330i, 06 MX-5, 04 Audi A4, 03 Suzuki SV650S, 98 328i, 93 Civic Si, 85 Corolla

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8504 on: November 09, 2023, 10:21:45 am »

I've always had the seats. Have owned a few models.

There's a few more features with this, particularly more automation. Auto open/close/flush.  It pre-wets the bowl when you sit down. Deodorizer. UV sterilizers for the bidet wands. Night light. Digital display showing seat and water temp. Etc etc Probably don't need all that.   But it also looks much sleeker and integrated.

The add on seats always looked a bit "meh" even when mounted on a toilet from the same brand.

That wasn't enough to dissuade me in the past of course. But this smart bidet was only slightly more expensive than the bidet seat/toilet combo I was going to get.

I think it looks OK.

Offline ktm525

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +117/-442
  • Just walk away!
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Land Rover LR4, Honda Ridgeline, Husqvarna FE501
« Reply #8505 on: November 09, 2023, 10:28:02 am »

Like KTM, I recently bought a few $10 "FluidMaster" valve & float assemblies, and a bunch of braided supply lines, and went around and freshened up all the toilets in our place. I was worried about the 15+ year old supply lines, and the original valves were pretty loud.

Yeah those are the ones. Old man confusion, there is a fluid master and korky section. They were 50% off due to the Lowes/Rona transition. I have 4 crappers so it was a good deal. Very easy install. Happy.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: November 09, 2023, 10:30:17 am »

:

As for your tub, that sounds all fine and well, but if there's only room for one, well...  that's no good.  ;)

Top shelf, king size bed, fully adjustable..with massage function.

We're good! [emoji106]

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
  • Cars: Subaru Crosstrek, Lexus RX350, Evolve Carbon, Biktrix Juggernaut, Yamaha TW200
« Reply #8507 on: November 09, 2023, 10:49:48 am »

There's a few more features with this, particularly more automation. Auto open/close/flush.  It pre-wets the bowl when you sit down. Deodorizer. UV sterilizers for the bidet wands. Night light. Digital display showing seat and water temp. Etc etc Probably don't need all that.   But it also looks much sleeker and integrated.

The add on seats always looked a bit "meh" even when mounted on a toilet from the same brand.

That wasn't enough to dissuade me in the past of course. But this smart bidet was only slightly more expensive than the bidet seat/toilet combo I was going to get.

I think it looks OK.

Hmmm. Our seat does a lot of that, but might have to consider an integrated next time if the price is not much more

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: November 09, 2023, 10:56:25 am »

I think it looks OK.

Hmmm. Our seat does a lot of that, but might have to consider an integrated next time if the price is not much more
What seat you have? Toto?

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +112/-461
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si (sold but not forgotten)2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #8509 on: November 09, 2023, 11:07:14 am »

That's impressive! 

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2024 Acura Integra Type S, 2022 Honda CR-V Sport, 2022 Honda Civic Si (sold but not forgotten)2020 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XLE (traded in), 2020 VW Jetta GLI (Traded in), 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited (sold), 2016 VW Golf R (Sold)
« Reply #8510 on: November 09, 2023, 11:10:05 am »

I think it looks OK.
But does it have FM radio and bluetooth... ;D

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #8511 on: November 09, 2023, 11:41:56 am »
We've had a Toto with the bidet seat in our ensuite bath for a dozen years now. Wife loves it, but I can honestly say that in a dozen years I've never even tried it out. Just have zero desire for anything spraying at me down there, thanks.

Downstairs we just have a regular Toto toilet, but this spring my wife talked me into getting a bidet seat for it. Bought a Toto seat, so figured it would fit perfectly on the Toto toilet, just like upstairs, but nope. It fits, but it's awkward and ugly and the seat opening is tiny. Seems like the newer seats are designed to fit any brand of toilet, so they've made some compromises. So now I'm stuck with an awkward toilet with a fancy seat I'll never use.

Really don't want to spend the money, but might have to pay to replace the whole thing with a new integrated one.  :P

Oh, and baby wipes FTW.  ;)

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +392/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #8512 on: November 09, 2023, 12:34:40 pm »
One of the best shitters I've used. Not recommended for anybody that needs everything to be spotless. Bring your own TP and Baby Wipes ;D

Offline PJungnitsch

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Travel in Africa
« Reply #8513 on: November 09, 2023, 01:24:55 pm »

I think it looks OK.

What seat you have? Toto?

Brondell SE400. Comes on sale at Costco for pretty reasonable

Offline Hannibalsmith

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +101/-137
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Porsche Cayman GTS 4.0, 2015 BMW 335i, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad
« Reply #8514 on: November 09, 2023, 01:25:03 pm »
^^Nice...until T-Rex shows up
I love it when a plan comes together.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #8515 on: November 09, 2023, 02:51:20 pm »
We've had a Toto with the bidet seat in our ensuite bath for a dozen years now. Wife loves it, but I can honestly say that in a dozen years I've never even tried it out. Just have zero desire for anything spraying at me down there, thanks.

Downstairs we just have a regular Toto toilet, but this spring my wife talked me into getting a bidet seat for it. Bought a Toto seat, so figured it would fit perfectly on the Toto toilet, just like upstairs, but nope. It fits, but it's awkward and ugly and the seat opening is tiny. Seems like the newer seats are designed to fit any brand of toilet, so they've made some compromises. So now I'm stuck with an awkward toilet with a fancy seat I'll never use.

Really don't want to spend the money, but might have to pay to replace the whole thing with a new integrated one.  :P

Oh, and baby wipes FTW.  ;)

I'd be interested in one of the complete units, but the wife is not to keen.  I'd need to run an electrical outlet first.  :P

What I need is to test one.   :)

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #8516 on: November 09, 2023, 03:00:23 pm »
Oh, and while we’re talking toilets, the accessible-height ones are the greatest thing ever. I think they’re supposed to be for the elderly, or people with mobility issues, but they’re honestly the perfect height for just about anyone.

I’m 6’3”, so they’re a no-brainer for me, but even my 5’5” wife prefers them. I can’t stand a normal toilet now. Feels like I’m sitting on a kid’s potty or something.  :P

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +128/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra; 2012 Civic (Junior1), 2013 Sentra (Junior2)
« Reply #8517 on: November 09, 2023, 03:09:39 pm »
^But apparently its more natural to :censor: with your knees at your ears.   :P

Funny how the toilet topic has more posts than any recent auto review article.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6817
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #8518 on: November 09, 2023, 03:20:21 pm »
Well toilets are after all daily drivers.

Offline JohnnyMac

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: November 09, 2023, 05:17:51 pm »
^^Nice...until T-Rex shows up
Nice movie reference.