Author Topic: What you Buy or DIY show off thread  (Read 1748238 times)

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +126/-182
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 MDX; 2007 Tundra
Re: What you Buy or DIY show off thread
« Reply #7120 on: October 08, 2020, 08:35:26 pm »
Acquired LEGALLY these HD 12 gauge shotguns.  Ran threw a few rounds of 000 in each.  Very impressed with the quality.

Self protection or just a gun collector?  Not for sport so just curious. Maybe for shits and giggles walking around blasting stuff?

Went through a couple hundred 12 gauge rounds with some friends last weekend skeet shooting. What a blast.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 08:44:49 pm by bridgecity »
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1255/-7215
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: October 08, 2020, 09:52:27 pm »
Acquired LEGALLY these HD 12 gauge shotguns.  Ran threw a few rounds of 000 in each.  Very impressed with the quality.

Maverick brand??  Canuck brand??
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #7122 on: October 08, 2020, 11:13:00 pm »

Self protection or just a gun collector?  Not for sport so just curious. Maybe for shits and giggles walking around blasting stuff?

Went through a couple hundred 12 gauge rounds with some friends last weekend skeet shooting. What a blast.

Technically referred to as Home Defense.  These are low cost firearms that don't require cases and little care.  I have an assortment of premium rifles and shotguns that all have cases and are in mint condition.  Average age is 50 years  Big production to pull them out quickly.  Bought in my teens and early 20s when I was really involved in hunting and skeet shooting.  Gave my skeet machine away 5 years ago.  Don't have the land to use it anymore and frankly not interested in buying clays and ammo anymore.

With these two new units might shoot the odd geese if they walk up to close to me and hiss.  ;D  Get a fair amount of dis-tempered raccoons that need dispatching so safer than a 22.   That's about it.   

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6813
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #7123 on: October 08, 2020, 11:13:49 pm »

Canuck .... Turkish    Great value IMO.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: October 09, 2020, 04:55:49 am »

Canuck .... Turkish    Great value IMO.
Agreed!

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7125 on: October 21, 2020, 02:04:29 pm »
Dishwasher stopped washing yesterday (see things that irritate me thread).  I started looking at Bosch dishwashers on the Costco website then decided I would dig into this one more.  Pulled the washer last night, pulled the circulation pump and motor.  Shaft from the pump into the motor sleeve was full of grit and the plastic sleeve is chewed up a bit.  Cleaned it up, put it back together and its running again.

I ordered a circulation pump/motor off amazon today for $150.  Local parts store was $300.  When it quits again I'll replace it and hopefully that takes care of it for a while.  If not, its new dishwasher time.

The dishwasher was acting up on and off all week.  Motor/pump came a couple days ago so I installed it.  So far so good with a couple of cycles run.

And the saga continues. After a few cycles the dishwasher started leaking. Caught it soon enough that there’s only permanent damage to the hardwood where the washer sits, and it’s minor. Pulled it out to clean up the water, hooked it up outside of the cabinet to find the leak. It’s leaking from the rubber grommet that connects the pump to the sump. I must have damaged it when pulling it apart the last time.

Anyway, there’s a Bosch in the dishwasher slot now. Found a store that actually had one in stock. I’ve ordered a new grommet and will replace it on the Kitchenaid when it comes. I’ll then sell the cursed unit with the new pump. I’m sure it’s all smooth running from here on out.

New grommet (seal) for dishwasher arrived a couple days ago.  Was going to put it on and sell the unit but found out my nephew's dishwasher just kicked the bucket.  I told him he could have this one.  He's a good kid working towards his journeyman's for an industrial mechanic so if I can help him save a few bucks then why not.  Hopefully it's all good for him.  I told him I'd put the grommet in so its ready to go, he said "I'd rather do it myself than have an engineer do it".  Ha ha, funny guy.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +309/-518
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2006 Porsche 911 Carrera, 2019 Honda Passport
« Reply #7126 on: October 21, 2020, 03:12:30 pm »
New pizza stone for the Kamado grill. Was inspired after seeing Shane's post on the food thread this past weekend & ordered it thru Amazon on Monday, arrived this afternoon. Pizza will be on the menu this weekend I'm thinking.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

You live everyday. You only die once....

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #7127 on: October 21, 2020, 03:25:03 pm »
Dishwasher stopped washing yesterday (see things that irritate me thread).  I started looking at Bosch dishwashers on the Costco website then decided I would dig into this one more.  Pulled the washer last night, pulled the circulation pump and motor.  Shaft from the pump into the motor sleeve was full of grit and the plastic sleeve is chewed up a bit.  Cleaned it up, put it back together and its running again.

I ordered a circulation pump/motor off amazon today for $150.  Local parts store was $300.  When it quits again I'll replace it and hopefully that takes care of it for a while.  If not, its new dishwasher time.

The dishwasher was acting up on and off all week.  Motor/pump came a couple days ago so I installed it.  So far so good with a couple of cycles run.

And the saga continues. After a few cycles the dishwasher started leaking. Caught it soon enough that there’s only permanent damage to the hardwood where the washer sits, and it’s minor. Pulled it out to clean up the water, hooked it up outside of the cabinet to find the leak. It’s leaking from the rubber grommet that connects the pump to the sump. I must have damaged it when pulling it apart the last time.

Anyway, there’s a Bosch in the dishwasher slot now. Found a store that actually had one in stock. I’ve ordered a new grommet and will replace it on the Kitchenaid when it comes. I’ll then sell the cursed unit with the new pump. I’m sure it’s all smooth running from here on out.

New grommet (seal) for dishwasher arrived a couple days ago.  Was going to put it on and sell the unit but found out my nephew's dishwasher just kicked the bucket.  I told him he could have this one.  He's a good kid working towards his journeyman's for an industrial mechanic so if I can help him save a few bucks then why not.  Hopefully it's all good for him.  I told him I'd put the grommet in so its ready to go, he said "I'd rather do it myself than have an engineer do it".  Ha ha, funny guy.
I would say smart guy not funny guy  ;D

Offline bridgecity

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: October 21, 2020, 04:26:21 pm »
I would say smart guy not funny guy  ;D

:rofl2:  You're not wrong AB.

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +300/-76
  • 2014 Volt, 2001 Saturn SW2. Son's DD: 2015 Volt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: October 24, 2020, 08:43:04 pm »
I'm going to check / buy 4 Volt oem first generation mags tomorrow AM, as seen on FB Volt page. Lucky enough, it is close to me.
They still have 4 original season tires on them, if i push mu luck, they would have working TPMS!
Gone but not forgotten in chronological order: 2019 Volt, 2013 Volt, 2014 Spark EV, 2012 Volt and many others before...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: October 24, 2020, 09:01:49 pm »
I'm going to check / buy 4 Volt oem first generation mags tomorrow AM, as seen on FB Volt page. Lucky enough, it is close to me.
They still have 4 original season tires on them, if i push mu luck, they would have working TPMS!
Sweet!

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: October 25, 2020, 10:38:25 am »
4 Volt gen 1 oem mags + tires with some remaining thread + tpms = $375, I'm a happy camper  ;D

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #7132 on: October 25, 2020, 10:53:16 am »
4 Volt gen 1 oem mags + tires with some remaining thread + tpms = $375, I'm a happy camper  ;D

I like this rim design. Not too heavy, not too flashy and very unique. Well done!
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline blur911

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +244/-779
  • Nasty Weasel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: and bikes by age:Honda, BMW, Porsche, Subaru, Suzuki, Suzuki, Mazda, Jaguar, Kawasaki, Porsche, GMC, Suzuki
« Reply #7133 on: October 25, 2020, 11:08:11 am »

Do the serial numbers start with 4B?   If so they were made in Napanee where I used to work
Mr Pickypants

Offline me_2

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: October 25, 2020, 12:18:48 pm »

Do the serial numbers start with 4B?   If so they were made in Napanee where I used to work

Yes, Goodyear Assurance made in Canada (4B..)  ;D

I like this rim design. Not too heavy, not too flashy and very unique. Well done!

Thanks. I agree with you, they are not too much.

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: October 27, 2020, 05:59:07 pm »
Got our firewood delivered today, 1 cord this morning which I stacked already, surprisingly quick by myself even, around 45mins just carrying it by hand. Another 6 cords were just dropped off, the guy has a pretty slick set up.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: October 27, 2020, 06:08:19 pm »
Worst part about firewood is stacking it!!   :rofl: :rofl2:

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #7137 on: October 27, 2020, 06:22:04 pm »
^^Holy Crap! That's a lot ambience! ;D
I hope your wine cellar is well stocked!
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline KD

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +359/-263
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Frontier Pro-4X, 2013 Lexus GS-350
« Reply #7138 on: October 27, 2020, 06:32:40 pm »
I actually really like cutting, splitting, and stacking wood.  But i don't have a wood stove so it's not a chore that i have to do every year.  All my friends that burn wood are starting to hate the work involved, if not already.  Nothing like the heat that comes from a wood stove though and i find it comforting sitting by a fire.   I'm currently sitting beside our propane fireplace soaking up the heat as I type.  ;D

Offline Gurgie

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: October 27, 2020, 06:36:14 pm »
^^Holy Crap! That's a lot ambience! ;D
I hope your wine cellar is well stocked!
Railton
Figure working from home I'll have the woodstove going A LOT more!

I don't mind the stacking & splitting. I'll have to split 70% of this wood before I bring it in just because its too big for the firebox in the woodstove we have.