Author Topic: Yay, got a free cell phone from 7/11 :)  (Read 7544 times)

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
Yay, got a free cell phone from 7/11 :)
« on: December 18, 2008, 08:52:42 pm »
I bought a $100 pay-as-you-go phone card from 7/11 for mom, and they gave me a free Nokia 1208. :):):)

I'm ecstatic, because I was just waiting for something like this state-of-the-art Nokia 1208 to replace my iPhone with. ;)

It's got color screen and KEY PADS and everything, you know.  :):):)  Granted, it doesn't have FM radio or Blue teeth for syncing or audio, but neither does my iPhone.

In all seriousness, if you need just basic cell phone for emergency purpose or some such, it works out great because 7/11 cell phone minutes don't expire for a year, you get caller-id, voice msg, etc. all included and you don't get charged system access fee( like Bell pay-as-you-go..  i hate Bell....)

anyway.  just wanted to share my happiness.. :)

Driving thrills makes my wallet lighter.. and therefore makes me faster because i'm shedding weight... :D

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Re: Yay, got a free cell phone from 7/11 :)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 10:22:28 pm »
Pics, please.  I'm considering doing the same in the new year.   :)

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:30:21 am »
I thought Iphone was bluetooth ???
How many minutes with the $100?
what the cost for long distance calls?

Offline aquadorhj

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +271/-265
    • View Profile
  • Cars: MB SLK 55, Lexus NX, E46 M3, Honda Fit, VW Jetta, VW Rabbit, Saturn SC, Nissan NX,
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:03:04 pm »
Pics, please.  I'm considering doing the same in the new year.   :)
this is the phone I got, but they have 3 or 4 other nokia phones to choose from.

I sort of started this thread as a joke...  I mean, I WAS happy to receive free phone and all, but
I'm ecstatic, because I was just waiting for something like this state-of-the-art Nokia 1208 to replace my iPhone with. ;)

It's got color screen and KEY PADS and everything, you know.  :):):)  Granted, it doesn't have FM radio or Blue teeth for syncing or audio, but neither does my iPhone.
I was ..just making fun of my iPhone for not having FM radio or real key pad(I do really miss my Nokia 6301 often...)

but if you are really interested, Brigitte, I am happy to assist. 

I thought Iphone was bluetooth ???
How many minutes with the $100?
what the cost for long distance calls?

Yes, iPhone has bluetooth, but it's only for headset.  not for stereo out, or wireless synchronizing with computer.  If I want to sync calendar or contacts, I have to plug it and use Itunes.  I hate Itunes a lot.

How many minutes?.  it's 20 cents per minutes, so 500 minutes, but if you activate the $100 card, they give you $20 extra credit, so you end up with 600 minutes.  it lasts a year.

I'm not familiar with their long distance rate.
Here's their webpage with info, for your peruse.
http://speakout7eleven.ca/pages/rates/

I'm on fido plan, so I don't use 7/11 service personally, i just happened upon free phone deal they had last time, while searching for reasonable pay-as-you-go plans for mom, since she wanted a cell phone.  Ever since, I convinced couple of my friends to seriously consider switching out of their pay-as-you-go cell phone services.  One is with Bell, and they charge system access fee and no free caller ID.  The other one is with Fido pay as you go, their rate is OK, but their 20 dollar cards expire in a month,..  which is money down the drain, if you don't use it.

Except for the fact that their choice of phones is severely limited, I think it's great for people that just need to be connected occasionally.    Also, they don't ask for ID or anything when you get their phone...  you just pay, and turn on the phone, you are good to go. 

...gosh..  I sound like their sales rep...   anyhoo.  there you go.  :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 01:28:25 pm by aquadorhj »

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 04:19:54 pm »
..thanks Aqua got the wifey the deal fer a stocking stuffer (the Big Prezzies are a Veyron & a Scottish Castle..Madonna is hurtin' right now so I got a deal there too.... :D) upgraded to the Nokia flip phone fer $15 extra it's got a camera,blue teeth useless to us,FM and some other lil tweaks i'm sure she'll never use....but as a standby it's a KEEPER..........cheers BUD.......the Family is back in the 19th Century........ >:( :-\........@ Castle Saperdoon on the Kyles of LUSHLOWMOANED.......

sorry we have no service in that area................................"%$@@*&% !!! +@!*** CK??*&^%"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:24:36 pm by safristi »
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline mmret

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +240/-570
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:52:00 am »
Nokia makes good phones, not a bad deal all things considered. :)
You can't just have your characters announce how they feel.
That makes me feel angry!

Present: 15.5 V60 T6 + Polestar, 17 MDX
Sometimes Borrow: 11 GLK350
Dark and Twisted Past: 13 TL AWD, 07 Z4 3.0si, 07 CLK550, 06 TSX, 07 Civic, 01 Grandma!

carthatgoesboom

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »
The best thing about 711 and PetroCanada mobile is that the minutes don't expire for a very long time.  Virgin Mobile, which I use now, used to be awesome when it was still owned by that eccentric billionaire Brit.  Now it blows just a little less than the worst prepaid providers.

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7214
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 10:13:43 pm »
The best thing about 711 and PetroCanada mobile is that the minutes don't expire for a very long time. 

So are you saying that 711 and Petro have figured out a way to make a minute actually last longer than......a minute???   :rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 01:29:20 pm »
,,yeah just like these guys make an hour an ETERNITY..................... :rofl:

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 10:10:43 pm »
,,yeah just like these guys make an hour an ETERNITY..................... :rofl:

Especially since the black guy has already passed into eternity!
Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7