Author Topic: Macaulay Calkin's sister killed...  (Read 4352 times)

saimonhogan

Macaulay Calkin's sister killed...
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:18:51 pm »
Police say Macaulay Culkin's sister Dakota Culkin was killed after she stepped in front of a car in west Los Angeles.
Police spokesman Richard French says Dakota Culkin was struck Tuesday night after she stepped into the street. She died a day later at a Los Angeles hospital after suffering massive head injuries.
French says there is no active criminal investigation.
Police say the driver stopped and tried to help the 29-year-old. Officers determined the motorist wasn't driving drunk and followed all laws.
Macaulay Culkin's spokeswoman, Michelle Bega, said it was a "terrible tragic accident" and the family had no further comment.
The 28-year-old actor starred in the "Home Alone" films.
Today read Google. Excellent film and Calkin wonderful actor. But why God takes the youngest?

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
Re: Macaulay Calkin's sister killed...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:09:19 pm »
"But why God takes the youngest?"

"God" doesn't take anything or anyone. This person made a terrible mistake and paid for it with her life. A tragedy true, but would hardly be news-worthy if not McCauley Culkin's sister. Would it better if "God" took the oldest? I find such rationalization to be sad.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Mitlov

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 04:13:22 pm »
Over 40,000 people per year are killed in traffic accidents in the United States.  By my count, that would be 109 threads like this every single day.  And that's not going into the fact that this is a Canadian website, not an American one.  So I hate to sound insensitive, but this thread really doesn't serve a useful purpose.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 04:43:20 pm »
But why God takes the youngest?

I hate to sound insensitive, but Dakota was 29.  Macaulay is 28.  They also have four other younger siblings: Kieran, 26, Quinn, 24, Christian, 21, and Rory, 19.

Any death before their time is tragic.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 05:11:54 pm »
Tragic accident. However, preventable.

Should be under off-topic.

vdk

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:12:46 pm »

Would it better if "God" took the oldest? I find such rationalization to be sad.

Why are you scared OVR?  :P
You have to admit it is not right for someone to die at an early age, if you're really old, it's an entirely different story.

RIP

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 10:36:29 pm »

Would it better if "God" took the oldest? I find such rationalization to be sad.

Why are you scared OVR?  :P
You have to admit it is not right for someone to die at an early age, if you're really old, it's an entirely different story.

RIP

I'm not scared, I'm not the oldest..... :P :P

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 06:40:59 am »

Yet  ;)

I always laugh when people thank God or blame God for things happening. Not since the great flood has s/he done anything news worthy.

The best is when somebody wins a tournament. "I would like to thank God for helping me win....."  Um? Did God also help the other people lose? And what makes you thank God picked you to help, don't be so full of yourself.

Anyway, its a one time poster trying to get some religion talk going and it failed. Know your market poster.  :P

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 12:19:50 pm »
...HOME ALONE....................i bet Danny DeVITO was involved....................heard McAuley is an SOB....but yes it's an "accident".........move on .............to HOME ALONE 2............ :'(
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline HeliDriver

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +176/-235
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Crosstrek Sport 6MT; 2011 Yukon XL 2500
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 02:52:49 pm »

Yet  ;)

I always laugh when people thank God or blame God for things happening. Not since the great flood has s/he done anything news worthy.

The best is when somebody wins a tournament. "I would like to thank God for helping me win....."  Um? Did God also help the other people lose? And what makes you thank God picked you to help, don't be so full of yourself.

Anyway, its a one time poster trying to get some religion talk going and it failed. Know your market poster.  :P

Maybe I'm being generous, but I think what those people are really saying is "I'd like to thank God for (giving me the personal strength to work hard, persevere when discouraged, overcome obstacles in my life, etc., which was instrumental in) helping me win." Or, in other words, "I couldn't have done it without you, God."

Of course, if I ever find myself in that situation, I'll be happy to take all the credit for myself.  ;D

As usual, the Onion says it best: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34168:rofl2:

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 01:23:51 am »
Over 40,000 people per year are killed in traffic accidents in the United States.  By my count, that would be 109 threads like this every single day.  And that's not going into the fact that this is a Canadian website, not an American one.  So I hate to sound insensitive, but this thread really doesn't serve a useful purpose.

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...