Author Topic: Down a hole in Seoul...  (Read 4294 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Down a hole in Seoul...
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008, 02:43:25 am »
On occasion though you can have circumstances of 'skinny' people pushing and trying to keep the doors open to squeeze in and then end up getting caught between the doors and then the train takes off. Messy smears...
Railton

For real?  How often does this happen?  In a city with millions, how many deaths a year do these subway accidents cause?
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +243/-156
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 03:26:24 am »
On occasion though you can have circumstances of 'skinny' people pushing and trying to keep the doors open to squeeze in and then end up getting caught between the doors and then the train takes off. Messy smears...
Railton

For real?  How often does this happen?  In a city with millions, how many deaths a year do these subway accidents cause?
I've only heard of it happening once in Shanghai a few years ago.
Railton
Do you realize that in about 30 (updated as requested) years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008, 05:38:40 am »
Thanks for the pics Railton  :)

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008, 08:14:16 am »
And you think your commute is bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MepDaRRBP0
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 09:13:51 am »
 :rofl2:...stand back when those doors RE_OPEN......................T8Ts and arses everywhere...............frottage must be legal there................. :o ;D
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2017 Infiniti QX60 Touring, 2010 Infiniti G37S 6M, 2020 Hyundai Kona 1.6T Trend
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2008, 12:49:26 am »
SK...Saskatchewan ????.........do they have 7/11's there..... :stick: :surrend: :spam: cheap j/k?
Yes Francis. ::) ;)
Railton

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:55 pm »
I am curious about the tunnels. 

Were they just blasted then shotcrete with rock bolts, or did they have a poured concrete lining on the walls and ceiling?
Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 08:55:54 pm »
I am curious about the tunnels. 

Were they just blasted then shotcrete with rock bolts, or did they have a poured concrete lining on the walls and ceiling?
Eventually it will be all concrete lined but it is shotcrete first. Compare the two pictures, one with the shotcrete on the basic tunnel and the other with the poured floors and walls.
Railton

Offline random006

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-83
    • View Profile
  • Cars: His - 2018 Subaru Crosstrek .... Hers - 2008 Honda Civic DX
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 04:44:11 pm »
The population here is expanding very quickly. The city center itself is around 10-12M but they refer to some 'SNCA' or National Capital area that takes into account 30-40 cities which they are in the mdist of linking togther with their subway system expansion.
The pictures of the condo/apartments being built around Pangyo station in an earlier post detail their rapid expansion and development plans. All of those buildings are new and currently no one lives there. This is why the new subway must be on schedule to coincide with the openings of all those condos and apartments and why we are in the planning stages of the next two extensions of it already. We don't know what growth is in Canada compared to other parts of the world.
Francis tables an interesting point about big cities and the poverty that goes along with them traditionally. In the various cities in China that I've visited you do notice the have and have nots yet, not so here. Here people seem to be pretty happy with their lot (12 hr days the norm notwithstanding and satelite family kid raising and such) at least from what I've seen. There's not much imigration from SK into Canada.
Railton

Given the linking of the other cities, maybe they should rename the whole area "Pangea".  :o :rofl2:
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum.    -    John Nada (played by Roddy Piper) in "They Live"

Offline Railton

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 09:09:14 pm »
The population here is expanding very quickly. The city center itself is around 10-12M but they refer to some 'SNCA' or National Capital area that takes into account 30-40 cities which they are in the mdist of linking togther with their subway system expansion.
The pictures of the condo/apartments being built around Pangyo station in an earlier post detail their rapid expansion and development plans. All of those buildings are new and currently no one lives there. This is why the new subway must be on schedule to coincide with the openings of all those condos and apartments and why we are in the planning stages of the next two extensions of it already. We don't know what growth is in Canada compared to other parts of the world.
Francis tables an interesting point about big cities and the poverty that goes along with them traditionally. In the various cities in China that I've visited you do notice the have and have nots yet, not so here. Here people seem to be pretty happy with their lot (12 hr days the norm notwithstanding and satelite family kid raising and such) at least from what I've seen. There's not much imigration from SK into Canada.
Railton

Given the linking of the other cities, maybe they should rename the whole area "Pangea".  :o :rofl2:
Good one.
Railton