Author Topic: Just got my third telemarketing call since siging up for the do-not-call list  (Read 5920 times)

carburator

After registering for the national do-not-call list I started getting calls. The call came in on my cell display as "000-000-0000".

There was a recorded message with music playing in the background...No company name or identity. I was afraid to push any buttons to follow through to find out in case they bil me for something.

"You can win two boarding passess to the caribean..all you have to do is answer a few questions using your buttons on the phone...this is a poll for market research!"

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:27:47 am by carburator »

mar1990

They have called here a few times. 

Once, I followed though to talk to a live person, but I so livid that he hung up on me.  I don't think they are following the CRTC rules in terms of providing the company name, a contact number and they called after 9 pm. 

I tried to fill out CRTC's form online, but the link was broken, so my info was lost.
I didn't get all the company info, so it was vague at best.

Offline Allen

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +123/-440
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Q5 Sline, 2022 Honda HRV Touring
It may not stop calls by those companies that don't abide by the legislation, but I have seen a drastic drop in calls since registering

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
After registering for the national do-not-call list I started getting calls. The call came in on my cell display as "000-000-0000".

There was a recorded message with music playing in the background...

"You can win two boarding passess to the caribean..all you have to do is answer a few questions using your buttons on the phone...this is a poll for market research!"

::)
000000000 is from the States or overseas. I have been getting that call for months
Canadian laws cannot stop call from outside the country

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Same here.  I keep getting calls from the 000 000 0000 and 121 212 1212.  Its always pre recorded and some woman named Mimi.  If you press the # sign 6 times it supposedly jams the system and it has to be reset.... but I'm skeptical about that.  Signed onto the DNC list about a month ago.

Offline quadzilla

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +391/-634
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Rock'n Rolla Nightstalker
I don't understand why the OP needed to start a brand new thread for the exact same topic that the OP already started. Can we not close this one?

And to the OP.....GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON IN YOUR LIFE!

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
I don't understand why the OP needed to start a brand new thread for the exact same topic that the OP already started. Can we not close this one?

The first one got locked because he was being rather unpleasant.  Should just be a matter of time in this one.  If it happens again, I will strongly suggest a ban.

carburator

The first one got locked because he was being rather unpleasant.  Should just be a matter of time in this one.  If it happens again, I will strongly suggest a ban.

Pretty self ritcheous aren't you  high heels?  The last thread got about 1300 views so it was pretty interesting to most people if not to you. So STFU if you aren't interested i this thread. Bans don't do anything. Case in point, the do-not-call list. Hope you have a wonderful dayheels!

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
I think I'd prefer  Mr meow back.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

carburator

Any ways i just called the CRTC and had my number removed from the list. Marketing calls should stop coming through soon. :P

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
Pretty self ritcheous aren't you  high heels?  The last thread got about 1300 views so it was pretty interesting to most people if not to you. So STFU if you aren't interested i this thread. Bans don't do anything. Case in point, the do-not-call list. Hope you have a wonderful dayheels!

Yep.  Just keep talking.  You're being very helpful.  :)

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
No calls here since signing up, BUT that could be coincidental....???

No idea really, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
No calls here since signing up, BUT that could be coincidental....???

No idea really, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.
unless they phone at 2 am ;D

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
...Hello.....can i intrest anyone here in a mink farm,blue PILLS ot a BIG 3 Company fer pennies on the Dollar.....call me.....at BANK RUPEES....c/o TaTa fer Now, MOM E-BAYS the WORD... :)
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
I think I mentioned this in the last thread, but the Telemarketing Guard offered by Primus (and I'm sure other providers offer something similar) has been very effective in stopping unwanted calls.  Only telemarketer I get is our local newspaper (which, IIRC, the DNC list wouldn't apply to anyway?), even after I've told them three times I have no plans to subscribe to them.  :/

I think those 000-000-0000 numbers usually indicate their VOIP numbers and probably offshore companies that the DNC list wouldn't apply to anyway.  Hence my suggestion that people just go with the tools provided by their telephone provider (and if you're provider doesn't offer such tools, switch! :D).

Oh, as to:

carburator

OH my goodness , just ask your telephone provider to stop the telemarketing calls?  WOW , ya , should have asked you that in the first place...

I guess our government screwed that up big time.

****edit****
 Hence my suggestion that people just go with the tools provided by their telephone provider (and if you're provider doesn't offer such tools, switch! :D).

***edit****

vdk

w/e they call.. i see 69 69 69 69 on my CID.. weird..
 ::)

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
Get rid of your phone or screen all your calls with the answering machine if marketing calls really bother you that much.   Better yet if you have the funds, hire someone to answer your calls for you.  It was nice when I used to have a receptionist screening all my calls.   :)

Online rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Maybe you need to double up on your tin foil hats to keep the calls from coming in??

:rofl2:
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

carburator

Message for Brigitte:  I am looking for someone to hire as my receptionist to screen all my phone calls. You sound like you would be perfect for this job. And I bet you are easy on the eyes too!  Contact me if interested. Thanks  ;)