Author Topic: Elantra Touring?  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Calbrez

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +2/-10
    • View Profile
Elantra Touring?
« on: September 24, 2008, 04:01:29 pm »
I thought this wagon was supposed to be released in June?? anyone know what happened?

looked like a really promising wagon

Offline sirAQUAMAN64

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +8/-54
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2001 VW Golf TDI 3Dr 5MT, 2007 VW Golf GTI 6MT, 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5Dr 4AT, 2010 VW Golf Wagon TDI 6MT, 2014 Chevrolet Orlando 2LT
Re: Elantra Touring?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 04:26:26 pm »
I don't know what the story is behind the delay either but am interested.
AQUAMAN64 also posts on DriverBlogs.com!

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +24/-15
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:28:18 pm »
First I heard it was coming in early 2008. Then a sales rep at dealer told me Sept 08. I just called him again and he said that sales rep's are going to be introduced to the model around 14 Oct so he figures it should be in showrooms by Nov.

New info on this car is non-existant. Nothing new for months now. No reviewers have been given a preproduction car for a test run.

I am dying to try it as it looks like it might be a good car for me.
If you want more in life you have to make an effort.

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 08:31:59 pm »
..Wagon HO.............. :banana: :pimp:
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline ggweci

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-0
  • Out driving…
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Honda Passport EX-L, 2011 Honda CRV EX
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 08:36:43 pm »
I've seen 2 or 3 in the Markham area.  I thought they were out already?

Offline Calbrez

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 10:33:32 pm »
I've seen 2 or 3 in the Markham area.  I thought they were out already?

doubt that... must have been corporate cars

it's not on the website or dealers...

jessure

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:57:56 pm »
As I understand it, a strike of 45,000 Hyundai workers since June '08 has disrupted production and delivery schedules.

But according to Australian reports, and other internet reports, the strike is over as of Sept. 26 or so, with a little over half the workers voting in favour/favor of a 5% wage increase, 3 months bonus pay, a $2,600 lump sum payment and elimination of the night shift (my, if only this was in Oshawa!!!)

Oz sources say ships carrying the new i30 (Elantra Touring variant for us North American folks) are expected for mid-Oct. — IN AUSTRALIA.

In other news, local (Alberta) dealers report that they have received their familiarization drives/sales training on the Elantra Touring in Red Deer in mid Sept. and that they expected shipments by the end of September or more probably mid-Oct.

Methinks not!

In light of the Oz news regarding when the Aussies expect to get their shipments (mid Oct.), it would seem logical for Canada that we might anticipate early to mid November for the 2009 Elantra Touring to even make it to Vancouver, let alone get processed and shipped elsewhere across the country.

Yours in waiting, waiting, waiting....

Signed

Can't hardly (wait)

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2023 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2015 Fiat 500C with Retro package and 2011 BMW 328 XDrive (gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 08:52:07 am »
As I understand it, a strike of 45,000 Hyundai workers since June '08 has disrupted production and delivery schedules.

But according to Australian reports, and other internet reports, the strike is over as of Sept. 26 or so, with a little over half the workers voting in favour/favor of a 5% wage increase, 3 months bonus pay, a $2,600 lump sum payment and elimination of the night shift (my, if only this was in Oshawa!!!)

Oz sources say ships carrying the new i30 (Elantra Touring variant for us North American folks) are expected for mid-Oct. — IN AUSTRALIA.

In other news, local (Alberta) dealers report that they have received their familiarization drives/sales training on the Elantra Touring in Red Deer in mid Sept. and that they expected shipments by the end of September or more probably mid-Oct.

Methinks not!

In light of the Oz news regarding when the Aussies expect to get their shipments (mid Oct.), it would seem logical for Canada that we might anticipate early to mid November for the 2009 Elantra Touring to even make it to Vancouver, let alone get processed and shipped elsewhere across the country.

That might be the best 1st post I have seen by anyone. Thanks for info.

Offline Slow_lane

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 07:56:50 am »
Just got back from a trip to Italy. While there I dropped in at Hyundia dealership to see the I30 (Europe's version of Elantra Touring). As we had better things to do in Italy, I only spent 5 minutes examining the car. I must say I like what I saw. The seats felt very nice. The car was roomy and the dash layout was really attractive. They had it wired so you could turn on dash lights and it really looked sharp. I found everything had a quality looked and feel to it. The car looked quite big and it is hard to believe it is only one inch longer than my Acura 1.6 (at 176.2 inches).

I did not see anything I did not like about the car.

There are some first drives popping up on net and there is one commenting about high sticker price. I have also read that this car has the Elantra drive train but is built on a different platform. That is good and bad. Good because it might be better than existing Elantra but bad because if all new it is unproven and may be subject to 1st year production issues that need fixing.

I like it a lot. I hope I can keep a poker face and show a little patience (not my strong point) so as not to pay top dollar in the excitement of launch.

Offline Calbrez

• Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 05:27:57 am »
Just got back from a trip to Italy. While there I dropped in at Hyundia dealership to see the I30 (Europe's version of Elantra Touring). As we had better things to do in Italy, I only spent 5 minutes examining the car. I must say I like what I saw. The seats felt very nice. The car was roomy and the dash layout was really attractive. They had it wired so you could turn on dash lights and it really looked sharp. I found everything had a quality looked and feel to it. The car looked quite big and it is hard to believe it is only one inch longer than my Acura 1.6 (at 176.2 inches).

I did not see anything I did not like about the car.

There are some first drives popping up on net and there is one commenting about high sticker price. I have also read that this car has the Elantra drive train but is built on a different platform. That is good and bad. Good because it might be better than existing Elantra but bad because if all new it is unproven and may be subject to 1st year production issues that need fixing.

I like it a lot. I hope I can keep a poker face and show a little patience (not my strong point) so as not to pay top dollar in the excitement of launch.

I would wait then.... why pay the new car premium

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 11:26:58 am »
"new car Premium???" is that anuffer GTA tax............... :rofl2: