Author Topic: Something big is going to happen....  (Read 39153 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Something big is going to happen....
« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:37 am »
rr ... now I am totally confused about your relationships with Trish & Import Queen.

Ok...tell me what you know, and I'll fill in the blanks....LOL...
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 01, 2008, 12:55:06 am »

I do not have two "of those".  Everyone assumed I did because I lived with Trish.  I only sleep with one of them...and the other, Trish, has since moved out because she wants to start a family...just this past weekend, actually.   :(  I will miss her terribly.

Though Trish was the S.O., and Import Queen was a very good friend.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 01, 2008, 01:33:43 am »
Yes..that's correct.  I see where the wording might confuse with how I put it....Whoops!

Offline duck

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +7/-157
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2012 Scion xB
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2008, 05:20:23 am »
I registered my telephone number on the do not call list.  The site worked this morning.   ;D  Thats something BIG. 

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #164 on: October 01, 2008, 07:54:07 am »
What is S.O.?

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 01, 2008, 07:55:53 am »
Significant other. I think.
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:10 pm »
Yes..that's correct.  I see where the wording might confuse with how I put it....Whoops!

That did sounded like you were in an actual marriage, sharing the same house but the same bed ...  :) :)

Offline EV Dan

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +480/-383
    • View Profile
  • Cars: '21 Venzaurus
« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2008, 01:23:06 pm »
I registered my telephone number on the do not call list.  The site worked this morning.   ;D  Thats something BIG. 

We can still call you for the next 30 days  ;D
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish and he wakes you up at 5 in the morning.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2008, 07:49:04 pm »
Fuzz agreed with ArticSteve for the 3rd time.   Now that is BIG.  :)

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2008, 10:56:08 pm »
Oh...It's just how I always referred to her on these forums....(she's been on a few other forums with me with the screen name Import Queen).  Her personalized plates are IMPRTQUN.  To those who have met her in person, her name is "Jess".  Sorry for the confusion...you're kinda new....:)
Aah.

Been here longer than you!  ;) ;D

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2008, 10:57:56 pm »
Really?  Then maybe you just didn't follow everything I said as intently as you should have......... ;D

Mitlov

« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2008, 11:51:11 pm »
rrocket,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your significant other broke up.  However, unfortunately, to be blunt, I think this result is inevitable in a romantic relationship where compromise is viewed with disdain.  IMO, compromise is  necessary part of any healthy long-term relationship.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2008, 12:12:45 am »
No, no...not at all.  She decided she wanted a family.  Had nothing to do with anything but that one single thing.  Like I said...fine for the last 8 or so years, then got the "bug" from mothering away at her brother's baby.  She knew I didn't want kids.  I had to encourage her it was "ok" to leave.  I would have felt way too guilty if she stayed with me and felt unfulfilled.  Apart from the wanting kids thing...every thing else always was perfecto!!

And I'll disagree again....if you are as closely matched as possible (we were/are) there really is no need for much compromise...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:14:23 am by rrocket »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2008, 07:27:23 am »
No, no...not at all.  She decided she wanted a family.  Had nothing to do with anything but that one single thing.  Like I said...fine for the last 8 or so years, then got the "bug" from mothering away at her brother's baby.  She knew I didn't want kids.  I had to encourage her it was "ok" to leave.  I would have felt way too guilty if she stayed with me and felt unfulfilled.  Apart from the wanting kids thing...every thing else always was perfecto!!

And I'll disagree again....if you are as closely matched as possible (we were/are) there really is no need for much compromise...

When my one daughter takes care of her sisters 3 kids it cures her mothering bug :rofl2:

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2008, 07:36:25 am »
When my one daughter takes care of her sisters 3 kids it cures her mothering bug :rofl2:

Ha Ha No Doubt. The wife and I have considered running a "scared straight" type workshop at our house. Two five year old's and a four year old make for a crazy house. We've had a few friends that have "put-off" having kids for a few years after a visit to our house and some serious assessment. People without kids have no appreciation for how life really is with Children. It's awesome, rewarding and fulfilling.....but sometimes it ain't pretty. :D

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2008, 07:39:40 am »

Ha Ha No Doubt. The wife and I have considered running a "scared straight" type workshop at our house. Two five year old's and a four year old make for a crazy house. We've had a few friends that have "put-off" having kids for a few years after a visit to our house and some serious assessment. People without kids have no appreciation for how life really is with Children. It's awesome, rewarding and fulfilling.....but sometimes it ain't pretty. :D

People use run form our house too
Birthday dates of our kids, May of '78, twins in Jan of '80, and last one Dec of 81.

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »

Look after my kids now and you'll want to have your tubes tied or a vasectomy or swear a vow of abstinance.   ;D   Look after them when they were babies, you'd want to procreate.

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2008, 06:16:51 pm »
The only problem is when they are in their 30's they still drive you crazy

barrie1

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2008, 10:16:03 pm »
Especially when you have 4 of them in that time age bracket as well.  :)

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2008, 07:39:29 am »
People use run form our house too
Birthday dates of our kids, May of '78, twins in Jan of '80, and last one Dec of 81.

:bow: