Author Topic: Something big is going to happen....  (Read 39168 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
Re: Something big is going to happen....
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2008, 08:49:51 pm »
My window is next week to Oct 15 or so...Sorry.  As good as I can guess (I told you I was no clairvoyant!). :(  I'm still feeling "it".....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 08:55:27 pm by rrocket »
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2008, 09:06:30 pm »
The guy with the kids did not work out?

I also think if your married you work at more during the rough times

No.  Ended in April.

And I agree with what you've said about the rough times.  I have seen, and experienced, the difference.  Miles apart.

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2008, 09:08:45 pm »
I don't need a slip that says "You are married" to love my S.O. more than anything else in the world...

Forgive me, but you seem to have two of those.  Your stuff definitely doesn't count in this argument.  Most of us are discussing monogamy.

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09:59 pm »
rrocket... your feeling that something "BIG" is going to happen is understandable.  I too have been feeling restless and unsettled and can't quite put a finger on what it is about or why.  My best explanation is that many people are feeling this way but I'm attributing it more to apprehension about the future.  A lot is going on in the world right now... and on our continent.  First off two countries, Canada & USA, are about to have federal elections within 1.5 months of each other.  Secondly the economy south of the border, ours, and many other countries in the world to a lesser extent, are hiccuping, bringing about feelings of uncertainty and not knowing what the future will bring.  Add the war in the middle east, pollution issues, and of course all the doom and gloom we are seeing in the media on a daily basis and it's no wonder people are feeling this way.  It's almost demoralizing.  We live in exciting yet challenging times.... but then again.... generations before us said the same thing.  

I hope your "something big" is something positive, good, and will change things for the better.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2008, 09:13:35 pm »
I don't need a slip that says "You are married" to love my S.O. more than anything else in the world...

Forgive me, but you seem to have two of those.  Your stuff definitely doesn't count in this argument.  Most of us are discussing monogamy.

I do not have two "of those".  Everyone assumed I did because I lived with Trish.  I only sleep with one of them...and the other, Trish, has since moved out because she wants to start a family...just this past weekend, actually.   :(  I will miss her terribly.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:15:25 pm by rrocket »

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2008, 09:15:13 pm »
My window is next week to Oct 15 or so...Sorry.  As good as I can guess (I told you I was no clairvoyant!). :(  I'm still feeling "it".....

I know you're having 25 lb turkey for Thanksgiving :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:18:43 pm by airbalancer »

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2008, 09:16:42 pm »
rrocket... your feeling that something "BIG" is going to happen is understandable.  I too have been feeling restless and unsettled and can't quite put a finger on what it is about or why.  My best explanation is that many people are feeling this way but I'm attributing it more to apprehension about the future.  A lot is going on in the world right now... and on our continent.  First off two countries, Canada & USA, are about to have federal elections within 1.5 months of each other.  Secondly the economy south of the border, ours, and many other countries in the world to a lesser extent, are hiccuping, bringing about feelings of uncertainty and not knowing what the future will bring.  Add the war in the middle east, pollution issues, and of course all the doom and gloom we are seeing in the media on a daily basis and it's no wonder people are feeling this way.  It's almost demoralizing.  We live in exciting yet challenging times.... but then again.... generations before us said the same thing.  

I hope your "something big" is something positive, good, and will change things for the better.

I dunno....It a huge dreadful thing..almost panic the times I've felt "it".  I really hope I'm totally wrong and out to lunch on this.  I would be pleased.

Offline Wetson

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +10/-3
  • Moi
    • View Profile
    • My real estate website
  • Cars: 2019 Acura TLX SH-AWD Elite, 2018 Audi S5 Cabriolet
« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2008, 09:21:29 pm »
Sounds like you've got lots going on in your life right now.  Could you be suffering from anxiety?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2008, 09:26:03 pm »
Sounds like you've got lots going on in your life right now.  Could you be suffering from anxiety?

Heh heh....no.  It's been coming, so it wasn't entirely unexpected.  As I said...when I have these "feelings" it's totally different from anything else.  I don't always get them, and like I said, many times I have no idea what I'm "seeing".  But with the size of this one...it seem that it's going to be a global one...very large.

Offline ArticSteve

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +310/-6812
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Hobby Car: 15 Mustang Vert, V6, manual, 3.55 lsd; 2024 MDX Aspec; 2022 F150 TREMOR lifted
« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2008, 10:45:12 pm »
Ah, you guys probably right on the tax thing; it was just stuck in my head somewhere, but likely old rules. It used to be if you got married around Dec 30 or 31, you could claim spouse for entire year and get the spousal deduction, but I think that is now a closed trick also. I know it worked back in 1985 as a buddy of mine did it and made the claim.

So, you're right, no advantages to being married.....MMMmmmm.  ;)

It used to be if you got married around Dec 30 or 31, you could claim spouse for entire year and get the spousal deduction, but I think that is now a closed trick also.

That was the case.  I did it on December 26th.  The rule at the time was that you only had to deduct spouses income (from the entire maximum credit)  from the date of the marriage to the remainder of the calender year. 

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #150 on: September 30, 2008, 10:58:18 pm »
Ah, you guys probably right on the tax thing; it was just stuck in my head somewhere, but likely old rules. It used to be if you got married around Dec 30 or 31, you could claim spouse for entire year and get the spousal deduction, but I think that is now a closed trick also. I know it worked back in 1985 as a buddy of mine did it and made the claim.

So, you're right, no advantages to being married.....MMMmmmm.  ;)

It used to be if you got married around Dec 30 or 31, you could claim spouse for entire year and get the spousal deduction, but I think that is now a closed trick also.

That was the case.  I did it on December 26th.  The rule at the time was that you only had to deduct spouses income (from the entire maximum credit)  from the date of the marriage to the remainder of the calender year. 

Oh what my wife would have done had I organised our marriage to take advantage of the tax year...  :rofl2: :rofl2:

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline Brig

• Brig
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 30, 2008, 10:59:46 pm »
I do not have two "of those".  Everyone assumed I did because I lived with Trish.  I only sleep with one of them...and the other, Trish, has since moved out because she wants to start a family...just this past weekend, actually.   :(  I will miss her terribly.

Sorry to hear that.  

Truthfully, I want to be nice, but... you've been rather cavalier about having your cake and eating it, too, so... I'm not surprised.  Sorry.  

You'd be fool not to learn something from this.  Unless you like pain, in which case... carry on!

dorin

« Reply #152 on: September 30, 2008, 11:03:09 pm »
Sorry to hear that rrocket, regardless of the circumstances it's not an easy adjustment.  I'm confused though, I thought Trish = Import Queen...  :think:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2008, 11:11:59 pm »

Sorry to hear that.  

Truthfully, I want to be nice, but... you've been rather cavalier about having your cake and eating it, too, so... I'm not surprised.  Sorry.  

You'd be fool not to learn something from this.  Unless you like pain, in which case... carry on!

I wasn't cavalier about anything.  I was honest, upfront, and never hid anything from EITHER.  Right from the get-out everything was always out in the open.  NEVER any lies.  EVER.  Trish wants to have a family someday now, and I didn't.  She knew this from the 1st time we met.  Her brother had a kid 2 years ago...so I think that kick started her desire for kids.  This was not unexpected, and it was amicable.  I'm just sad not to be around her as much anymore.  Obviously we are still staying very close.  She is one of the greatest people I have ever met.

I've said it multiple times...while this relationship worked for us, it may not for work everyone.  But I can say there were never any fights, misunderstanding, lies or trust issues, ever.  It was, in effect, a very happy family.

And no...Trish and Import Queen are two different people.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2008, 11:34:22 pm »
Just out of curiosity, why do you call her Import Queen, it makes her sound like an object..?

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2008, 11:40:06 pm »
Oh...It's just how I always referred to her on these forums....(she's been on a few other forums with me with the screen name Import Queen).  Her personalized plates are IMPRTQUN.  To those who have met her in person, her name is "Jess".  Sorry for the confusion...you're kinda new....:)

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2008, 12:01:47 am »
Sorry to hear Trish is moving on.   The biological clock ticks loudly, n'est-ce pas?

There is more to marriage than a ceremony.  From a legal aspect, marriage will ensure the spouse gets a preferential share of the estate should one dies without a will.  There is no statutory right to inheritance for common-law spouses in Sucession Law.  They'll have to sue the estate for support as a dependant.  In general common-law spouses have fewer rights under the law than married spouses.   Don't know if that will change since more people are entering common-law relationships instead of marrying from the last census--(popular in Quebec).

vdk

« Reply #157 on: October 01, 2008, 12:02:17 am »
tsx dropping almost 900 points yesterday?
and dow dropping 777?

pretty major.. :)

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2008, 12:25:09 am »
tsx dropping almost 900 points yesterday?
and dow dropping 777?

pretty major.. :)

yes ... but somewhat anticipated and predictable.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2008, 12:28:21 am »
rr ... now I am totally confused about your relationships with Trish & Import Queen.