Author Topic: Something big is going to happen....  (Read 39159 times)

barrie1

Re: Something big is going to happen....
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2008, 10:17:13 pm »
I hope not but just Maybe your car is gonna go Big Bang under the hood or the clutch is gonna fall out as well. I really do hope not but who knows.  :)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7213
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 10:30:06 pm »
Well..I doesn't have a clutch..so it can't be that.......
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline CyberNick

• Auto Obsessed
  • Carma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda 6 GT, 2007 Mazda 6 GT
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 11:06:14 pm »
^^ plus, its not a GM product...  :P

Saw a huge comet-like shape zip by at low altitude while sitting in the back yard last night, was fast but nowhere near as fast as a shooting star....wtf was that?

The International Space Station and other man made orbiters may be visible at certain times.

Best Viewing Times:
Since the space station has little or no light of its own, you'll only be able to see it when the station is in sunlight and folks on the ground are in darkness. The best viewing times are the hours just before or after sunrise or sunset while the station is passing overhead. A list of viewing times can be found here.

What you'll see:
Assuming the station is in sunlight, it should appear as a bright and fast moving star. The longest the station will remain in view to a ground based observer is 4 minutes. When passing directly overhead, the station zips from horizon to horizon is 240 seconds or less. For most locations, the viewing window will be 120 seconds (or less).

http://fun.familyeducation.com/satellites/outdoor-activities/35032.html

http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 11:09:08 pm by CyberNick »

Wolfe

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 01:30:04 am »
It's happening right now.  The US government is taking on nearly a trillion dollars of private debt into the public realm.  I know what's coming:

"We're in massive debt!  Privatize social security!  Privatize the last of the education systems!  Cut!  Slash! Begone any attempts to provide socialized medicine."

If you read Paulson's proposed legislation (it's an easy read and only 3 pages long) you'll realize that it's actually much worse than that. The proposed conduit is limited to holding $700B at any one time but those assets can be sold off (at a huge loss no doubt) and then they can buy more toxic waste again and again and again. There is no limit to how much bad debt the US Treasury can take on under this plan!

If you want to get an idea how much debt Paulson expects to stick the US taxpayers with look at the section where they raise the legal debt ceiling for US government borrowings. The current debt ceiling is about $9 trillion. The proposed new ceiling is over $11.3 trillion. This supposed $700 billion bailout is actually going to cost $2+ trillion.

This is the greatest pump-and-dump in history and hardly anyone even comprehends what's going on. This isn't just big, this is super mega ultra ginormous.

If this plan goes through then holding US $ denominated assets is going to become very risky.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2008, 01:48:28 am »
For sure.  The economy will be buoyed for maybe a week until the rest of the people clue in to how bad this bail out deal is...then the crash/currency de-valuation will be on...

Offline Ex-airbalancer

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +729/-1584
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ ext ended cab , 2013 Lexus RX-350 F Sport
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2008, 10:21:00 am »
^^ plus, its not a GM product...  :P

Saw a huge comet-like shape zip by at low altitude while sitting in the back yard last night, was fast but nowhere near as fast as a shooting star....wtf was that?

The International Space Station and other man made orbiters may be visible at certain times.

Best Viewing Times:
Since the space station has little or no light of its own, you'll only be able to see it when the station is in sunlight and folks on the ground are in darkness. The best viewing times are the hours just before or after sunrise or sunset while the station is passing overhead. A list of viewing times can be found here.

What you'll see:
Assuming the station is in sunlight, it should appear as a bright and fast moving star. The longest the station will remain in view to a ground based observer is 4 minutes. When passing directly overhead, the station zips from horizon to horizon is 240 seconds or less. For most locations, the viewing window will be 120 seconds (or less).

http://fun.familyeducation.com/satellites/outdoor-activities/35032.html

http://www.spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Interesting CN, but it zipped by faster than that, as I said, not as fast as a shooting star but much faster than any man-made object, it went by from horizon to horizon in about 2 seconds....and seemed to be very low on the horizon.

Maybe it was heading to area 51 ???

gottarondo

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 11:04:16 am »
For sure.  The economy will be buoyed for maybe a week until the rest of the people clue in to how bad this bail out deal is...then the crash/currency de-valuation will be on...

And then they'll start calling our car loans...

Mitlov

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2008, 11:10:32 am »
Well, one big thing might be that school shooting in Finland that left 10 kids dead at 4:00 am ET today.

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/504136 

The thing is, if you look hard enough, a tragedy like this probably happens every day of every year.  When someone says "I had a generic ominous feeling...did something awful happen today?"  You will ALWAYS find something.

It's happening right now.  The US government is taking on nearly a trillion dollars of private debt into the public realm.  I know what's coming:

"We're in massive debt!  Privatize social security!  Privatize the last of the education systems!  Cut!  Slash! Begone any attempts to provide socialized medicine."

If Canadians don't want to be referred to as "the 51st state," maybe they shouldn't panic about US domestic issues like those issues were Canada's problem ;)

Offline The Fuzz

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1/-2
  • Will not fix tickets for donuts, carrots or b**bs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:49 am »
Interesting CN, but it zipped by faster than that, as I said, not as fast as a shooting star but much faster than any man-made object, it went by from horizon to horizon in about 2 seconds....and seemed to be very low on the horizon.

http://www.heavens-above.com/

Lets you narrow down a time frame and figure out what you might have seen...
Everyone hates us until they need us.

alldz

« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2008, 12:01:47 pm »

Interesting  :o ... the same topic as the OP came up on Coast-to-Coast-AM radio this past Monday. A few people who experience similar "bumps" were throwing the dates of October 7th and October 15th around ...  :popo: ???

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:51 pm »
 ::) OCTOBERFEST WEEK.............. :cheers: :fall: :drool: :stick:.................
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline ovr50

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +27/-126
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2008, 02:10:30 pm »
Besides, since something like 85% of our trade is with the US, if the US gets an economic cold, we get the virus also.

We are tired tied very closely to the US, like it or not.....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 09:51:59 pm by ovr50 »
2022 Mazda CX-5 Signature Turbo in Snowflake White Pearl
and
2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 in Alpine White

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2008, 02:14:04 pm »
"tired very closely" ....surely ya mean TYRED ;D BWM owned!!!! :P

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2008, 08:34:58 pm »
 :o
This is a big :censor: sandwich that everyone has to have a bite of. The US planted the seed for investment banking, but the world quickly jumped on the bandwagon...now everyone is in the crapper. This is a worldwide problem. Not unhappy to see investment banking go the way of the dodo. The "Oracle of Omaha" had that garbage pegged. The US will not be able to avoid devaluing their currency forever.
Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all. - John W. Gardner

Offline Brig

• Brig
  • Carma: +396/-1400
  • Class Clown, Moderatrix and Resident Hag
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2016 Mazda CX-3 GS AWD
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2008, 09:33:59 pm »
Keep going off-topic, guys, and I'm going to have to move this to the political section...  :cp2:

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »
^^^^Boo......Kill-joy.... :P

Offline DockMan

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2008, 09:46:44 pm »
Keep going off-topic, guys, and I'm going to have to move this to the political section...  :cp2:

My Bad ;)

Back to discussing Brig's hope for something "BIG" in the near future!!!! :o

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2008, 10:02:14 pm »

Back to discussing Brig's hope for something "BIG" in the near future!!!! :o

Oh,....is she meeting me soon?  I hadn't heard.... ;D

Offline RunsinLight

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +12/-34
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2018 Ford F150 XLT
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2008, 10:04:32 pm »
GM is going to take over the world? Oh wait they already have.

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2008, 10:19:24 pm »
^^^^AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Cut it out...my sides are hurting....