Author Topic: toyota '09 - tranny? tires& radio trouble  (Read 1814 times)

driver 1

toyota '09 - tranny? tires& radio trouble
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:21:30 am »
12000 kms hwy, radio went nuts & ejects disc instead of changing channels, 2 tires went bad ( 1flat & 1 leak) now on an incline the car rolls back until I apply the brakes.

Offline johngenx

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +758/-938
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2009 Toyota Corolla, 2004 Toyota Highlander V-6 4WD, 2001 Subaru Forester, 1994 Mazda Miata
Re: toyota '09 - tranny? tires& radio trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:31:21 pm »
The radio is under warranty, so have the dealer replace it.  As for tires, well, that's not really the fault of the car.  why did the tire go flat?  We've had two flats on our 'rolla, both due to screws in the tire.  But, lots of construction around right now, so it's not unexpected.

As for it rolling backwards on an incline, I can't recall right off if ours does that or not.  I know our Subaru will roll backward on a hill (yes, it's an AT) if it's steep enough.  Tonight I'll try the 'rolla and see what it does.

Offline Ice

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +15/-25
  • 2009 Corolla XRS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:23:11 pm »
A Toyota what?

Depending on how steep the hill is...I've never driven a car that didn't roll back a bit.  To be honest I haven't been on that steep of a hill and stopped with my Corolla yet.

Honda Owner

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:04:49 pm »
Interesting thread. I once had a customer who had a rash of flat tires. There was a lot of construction in her neighbourhood and she was picking up nails. After about the fourth flat, she screamed at me, "This car is a piece of bleep! I am never buying a Dodge again!"

Another lady had a similar problem with the CD player and her favourite CD. We replaced the radio twice to make her happy. Then I pulled out the CD; it was all scratched.

Yet another fine lady screeched at me for two hours while we did her brakes. They were worn out after 40,000 km in West Vancouver. She wanted them replaced under warranty.

A fine lady had a wobble in her Grand Caravan. The front tires were down to the cord. She had never rotated them. When informed, she also wanted them replaced under warranty, and proceed to screech at me over the phone for hours.

If an incline is steep enough, the car will roll back, especially if it is not an automatic.