Author Topic: Viper ACR: Nurburgring record. 7:22 (Video)  (Read 7133 times)

Offline rrocket

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +1254/-7210
    • View Profile
Re: Viper ACR: Nurburgring record. 7:22 (Video)
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 02:14:21 am »
No..not really.  In North America, it was available only in "kit" form.  Even according to their web-site, only 25 SR8 have been made....
How fast is my 911?  Supras sh*t on on me all the time...in reverse..with blown turbos  :( ...

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 05:59:30 am »
The Radical SR8 did it in 6:55 and it has 360 hp and weighs around 1400 lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzxW51EyoWY

Double the hp, add a lot more downforce, more favourable gearing, and a 5.XX something could be doable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

According to F1 Racing magazine of June 2006, BMW engineers had estimated that a BMW-Sauber F1.06 could lap in under 5:15.8[51] which equals to an average of 237 km/h (147 mph).

Production cars would get absolutely decimated :D

So maybe they should go out and do it with a current car
Then we would have the great fun over a few years of watching production cars slowly creep up to that record.
They'd have 6:58 to beat according to that wiki you posted. In fact I'll look out for production cars to get close to 7:00 from now on.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 09:47:19 pm »
No..not really.  In North America, it was available only in "kit" form.  Even according to their web-site, only 25 SR8 have been made....
Who cares about America, it's not an American track record.  :P

Even on road tyres it should post a pretty qick time. ah good old wikipedia...

"The standard SR8 currently holds the lap record (6 minutes, 55 seconds) for road legal cars at the Nürburgring Nordschleife circuit."  So it's road legal, but 25 doesn't make it a production car.  Hmmmm, what about RUF, are they low volume production cars?  Sorry for hijacking.

One of these (Radical) used to drive around the roads near me, can't say I envied the ride quality...

Choosing a car based on reliability is like choosing a wife based solely because she is punctual. There is more to it than that...

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 08:45:23 am »
.....round and round the radical road ring the randy rascals ran.............why can't we have a "RING" in Canada Old Coque,,,,,,........Oy steady on there laddie....that HERTZ..... ;D........RUF times eh!!!
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Triple Bob

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +308/-574
  • Profesional Dash Stroker
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Tundra, GTI, Triumph Tiger, KTM, C63 AMG, FZ-09, Triumph Speed Triple, VW Golf Wagon TDI, BMW 535i, Honda CRF250L, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Outlander, Lotus Exige, Subaru Impreza, Peugeot 106, BMW Z4, Toyota MR2 MKIII, Ford Sierra Sapphire
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 11:04:17 am »
.....round and round the radical road ring the randy rascals ran.............why can't we have a "RING" in Canada Old Coque,,,,,,........Oy steady on there laddie....that HERTZ..... ;D........RUF times eh!!!
Nothing is faster than a rental!  :rofl2: