Author Topic: Top Gear Hammond and May to sign new deals  (Read 1208 times)

Cortina

Top Gear Hammond and May to sign new deals
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:00:53 pm »
Quote from: BBC.CO.UK

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7538842.stm

Top Gear presenters Richard Hammond and James May are expected to sign new contracts that will see them stay on the popular BBC Two motoring show.

"We expect the contracts will be signed in the next few weeks," a spokeswoman for the programme said.

Newspaper stories claimed May or Hammond could quit if they did not get more money, after fellow host Jeremy Clarkson signed a lucrative new deal.

"It is actually all rubbish," May told BBC Five Live in response last month.

"I'm not really sure where it's come from. I think it must be somebody making trouble.

"I've never stormed off about money or contracts or any of that sort of stuff. I'm paid quite well by Top Gear, to be honest. I'm very happy and I'm pretty sure Hammond feels the same."

Top Gear is one of BBC Two's most popular programmes, attracting between five and eight million viewers a week.

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
Re: Top Gear Hammond and May to sign new deals
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 02:14:39 pm »
Did the two denied money issues before the agreement of a new deal are in place or after?

Cortina

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 02:23:51 pm »
Did the two denied money issues before the agreement of a new deal are in place or after?

No. The wanted the same pay as clarkson and refused to sign.  :)

http://www.canadiandriver.com/forum/index.php/topic,58207.0.html <--full story here. :)

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:19:52 pm »
..Hammond's just playin' HIS ORGAN.............and MAY Day is happy to have a venue to vent his 50's affectations and Olde HUMMERHUMOR HUMOUR!!!! :P..I'd do it fer Half_a_BOB...BUTT he's comin' ta Kanada.......... :run:
Time is to stop everything happening at once