Author Topic: Honda Fit 2008, any extension to low % financing  (Read 4135 times)

bruceen42

Honda Fit 2008, any extension to low % financing
« on: July 29, 2008, 01:12:18 am »
Hi all,

I am looking to buy a Honda Fit by financing through the dealer. I see that low interest loans run out by July 31, 2008. Do any of you have an insight as to whether this will likely be extended, or what do you see as any other incentives post July 31, 2008. 

What effect will the new 2009 fit have on existing 2008 fits for sale. IE should I buy now or wait and see if there is a better deal closer to the fall.

And finally, how popular is the fit, I have gone to carcost, is anyone getting dealers to accept only 3% over invoice?

Any and all information would be appreciated.

Bruceen42

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +34/-44
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2010 MINI Cooper S | Past: 1999 Honda Civic, 2009 Honda Fit
Re: Honda Fit 2008, any extension to low % financing
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:52:26 pm »
Fits are very, very popular.  Our local dealer has a three month waiting list for new ones, and there are virtually no used ones for sale.  Normally the release of a new model results in low financing and rebates on the old generation to clear them out, but at the rate Honda is going, there might not be any 2008s to clear out when the 2009s hit...

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:42:24 am »
Is there a timeline for the  new FIT in NA yet?    Ours is so reliable that we never need to go to the dealer and so never get to hear any of the dealer rumours and HondaSalesGuy hasn't been around recently.
The most radical revolutionary will become a conservative the day after the revolution.

Offline ggweci

• Enthusiast
  • Carma: +4/-0
  • Out driving…
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2021 Honda Passport EX-L, 2011 Honda CRV EX
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 08:04:18 pm »
The all new '09 Fit is due at US dealers beginning of October, if I'm not mistaken.  Not sure about up here though.

Offline TopGun

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +43/-165
  • Carbon fibre > Soft touch dash material
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 09:23:23 pm »
Ours is so reliable that we never need to go to the dealer and so never get to hear any of the dealer rumours and HondaSalesGuy hasn't been around recently.

I got a little bothered by the statement above.  Your Fit is so new I would be shocked if it wasn't reliable tpl.

Now...if you want to say "TopGun's Protege5 is an '03 with 187,000 km on it...and it's so reliable blah blah blah"...then I'd accept that.

Offline tpl

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +298/-675
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2022 Taos
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 05:25:20 am »
Ours is so reliable that we never need to go to the dealer and so never get to hear any of the dealer rumours and HondaSalesGuy hasn't been around recently.

I got a little bothered by the statement above.  Your Fit is so new I would be shocked if it wasn't reliable tpl.

Now...if you want to say "TopGun's Protege5 is an '03 with 187,000 km on it...and it's so reliable blah blah blah"...then I'd accept that.

Well its the first Japanese car we have owned since the early 80's   It has had no infant mortality of any parts. Not even a rattle. I am not complaining.   And there has been no reason to go to the dealer to look at new cars as ( apart from the NSX) we have the only Honda that is interesting to us.  But it will be due for an oil change this fall and there is a recall notice waiting to be done so I'll look at the new Fit then.

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:30:04 am »
I just got an email from Honda about the new Fit, so I'm anticipating October or thereabouts...  don't remember if the email said that, or if I just made it up.  :lol:

I put off my purchase of the 08 Fit to wait on the new one, so it'll be down to the 2009 Fit vs. Mazda2/Ford Fiesta (assuming they're here by the spring).

smok

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 06:31:04 pm »
I just got an email from Honda about the new Fit, so I'm anticipating October or thereabouts...  don't remember if the email said that, or if I just made it up.  :lol:

I put off my purchase of the 08 Fit to wait on the new one, so it'll be down to the 2009 Fit vs. Mazda2/Ford Fiesta (assuming they're here by the spring).

My brother has 07 fit.  Amazing little car, actually it's not that small inside.  Handles great!.  I wouldn't even take a chance on a Ford, maybe look at the mazda...

Cortina

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 08:38:45 pm »
A lady friend of mind has a Jazz/Fit LX model. She loves it. She has own the jazz/Fir for less than a Mth. She put 0 down. (LOL thats not 100% true really) 800 bucks down. taxes all in works out to $263 Month for 72 Mths.   :)

My Thoughts were. ;D

The plastic feel and look good quality. The ride is firm. Sort of German I would say. I must say I hate, Maybe thats too strong of a word. I'm not keen on the automatic box the way changes up and down and the way the Jazz/Fit holds the revs. Almost like you've push in the clutch and not taking your foot off the accerator pedal. looks tiny from the outside. Big and roomy on inside. Crap colours too. It is not a cheap car to buy. But nor is the whole feel of the car. I mean It really feels like you've got your moneys worth.  :)

PS. Feels buzzy and sporty. :)

Offline The Mighty Duck

• Car Crazy
  • f*** that duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 09:52:04 pm »
:iagree:  The Fit is not cheap, and if price is the big concern the Accent and Aveo/Wave twins are the car of choice.  But the Fit feels like more of a car than those ones, imo anyway.  With the 2009 version said to offer SatNav (in the States, at least), it strikes me more and more as a "premium" subcompact.  IMO it's a much nicer machine inside (and out) than the Versa, Aveo, Accent, or Yaris...

SkiBunny

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 04:24:04 am »
Have you noticed how the Canadian dollar is plunging??  The loonie is down 6% just since last week and it's lost 16 cents in ten months.

The Financial Post ran an article stating the loonie will fall to 80 cents or below by next year.    With the loonie rapidly returning to its "weak peso" form of old, that jeaopardizes any future low financing or price breaks.  If you haven't already done so, better your cash from C$ to US$ 

As for the hyundais mentioned, whether from the US or Korea, the loonie is plunging against both currencies.  So, you can expect import car prices to go up sometime due to "weak dollar" price increases.