Author Topic: Email from Saab, and then the website is down  (Read 1818 times)

Marc_

Email from Saab, and then the website is down
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:49:55 am »

I get an email from Saab about the new 9-3 convertible, and I click the link to check it out and the website is down.

Try again today, and down again:

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/home

Go to that link and select Saab,  does it work for you?  I tried from home and work with no luck.

I find it both funny and incompetent that in 2008 a company of GM's size can have a website down for two days straight.

Offline inco

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +29/-32
    • View Profile
  • Cars: 2011 Forester
Re: Email from Saab, and then the website is down
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 09:54:38 am »
Well Saab isn't alone. Ford has been flaunting the Flex and prices are out in the US. On the Ford .CA site they say they will be up by the end of June. I tried twice this month and still no pricing. I guess that's what you could call lack of Flex - ability. ::)

weebl

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:02:30 am »
Appears to be working now, but you are right, in this day and age, how can GM  have an excuse for having a website down for so long?

gta_driver

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 10:17:58 am »
I wouldn't want to be GM-Saab's ad agency today. More than a few people are going to have a very, very bad day.

montrealvue

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 01:05:40 pm »

I get an email from Saab about the new 9-3 convertible, and I click the link to check it out and the website is down.

Try again today, and down again:

http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/home

Go to that link and select Saab,  does it work for you?  I tried from home and work with no luck.

I find it both funny and incompetent that in 2008 a company of GM's size can have a website down for two days straight.
Funny you mentioned that.  I've been trying to price out a 9-3 Sportcombi and the site hasn't worked for 2 weeks!  So I drop by the dealer as I had a service issue with my Saturn to contend with.  All salespeople are in a meeting.  Is GM in the business of selling cars?  This is what I get when I go to GM.ca

Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 02:10:16 pm by montrealvue »

ghost

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:47:07 pm »
News from the Saab grapevine is that this brand may be retired by GM. As in a'la Oldsmobile. Same with Buick too. Although Buick is doing very well in China.
I think Saab will be sold than disappear. They sell decently in Europe.

Marc_

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 01:59:51 pm »
I wouldn't want to be GM-Saab's ad agency today. More than a few people are going to have a very, very bad day.

This reminds me of one of the Russel Peter's routines "Somebody's gonna get hurt reeeeaaal bad"

Offline dr_spock

• Spock
  • Carma: +46/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 02:48:45 pm »
Appears to be working now, but you are right, in this day and age, how can GM  have an excuse for having a website down for so long?

Maybe they didn't pay their ISP and hosting bills.   :D

Marc_

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 02:57:31 pm »
I emailed them incase they did not know it was down, here is the response:

In response to your inquiry, please be advised we are working towards an immediate  resolution to the technical challenges on this website.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced and thank you for contacting Saturn Saab Canada.

Please visit our website again.

Laura Shepel
Internet Correspondent
www.gm.ca

If you wish to reply to this email, please click here: https://contactus.gm.ca/req_reply.aspx?iid=1-48231201&lang=ENU

-----Original Message-----
Sent:  07/09/2008 20:53:22
Subject:  I have a question/comment not related to any of the categories above.

you send me a link in an email about Saab, and the website for Saturn and Saab is down.

I find that quite funny.