Author Topic: If you drive a sensible minivan but longs for a sports car.... there is hope!  (Read 2974 times)

ghost

Minivan or Sports car?

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
  • Carma: +1/-2
    • View Profile
    • It's time for a Diesel Revolution!!!!
Cool Shot.

However in the real world, how about one of these:

240hp 2.0L Turbo 0-100Kmh 7.2 seconds.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 03:17:12 pm by Diesel Advocate »

Offline Snowman

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +702/-1347
  • “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.”
    • View Profile
  • Cars: Cars: 2012 Audi TT-RS. 2011 Toyota Venza AWD.2004 Honda S2000 Bikes: Giant Defy Avdvanced 0. Giant Talon 29 "hardtail"
 ??? Where is the oil slick and rust spots?

montrealvue

Cool Shot.

I completely agree, the Zafira would sell incredibly well here. I have said this for 2 years now.  So what does GM do?  They give Saturn the Outlook, which they can barely give away right now.  The Astra and present gen. Vue have been very well received here and are selling well.  So why not the Zafira?  Why should Mazda have the whole small van market to themselves?  I would definitely consider a Zafira if it was sold here! ;)

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
Cool Shot.

I completely agree, the Zafira would sell incredibly well here. I have said this for 2 years now.  So what does GM do?  They give Saturn the Outlook, which they can barely give away right now.  The Astra and present gen. Vue have been very well received here and are selling well.  So why not the Zafira?  Why should Mazda have the whole small van market to themselves?  I would definitely consider a Zafira if it was sold here! ;)

I drove a Zafira while back home in the UK and it is nice to drive. Inside it's a lot bigger than the Mazda and seats 7 (Seats also fold into the floor similar to Stow 'n' Go). If you look at a Kia Ronda then the Zafira is of a similar size but the seating is much better in the Zafira.

I too would definately go for one if it was sold here. Most enjoyable!

Offline safristi

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +471/-416
    • View Profile
  • Cars: since the beginning of Saf timeLOTUS ELAN,STANDARD... 10, MG midget, MGB (2),Mazda Millennia,Hyundai Veloster and 1997 Ford Ranger 2014 Subaru Forester XT
..I say bring IT/HE/SHE ON....................... :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zafira
Time is to stop everything happening at once

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile

Offline initial_D

• Car Crazy
  • Carma: +30/-50
    • View Profile
What is the maintenance schedule?

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
 I rented a Zafira in Spain last fall with a 1.8L turbo diesel and a six speed and it got incredible mileage in the range of the low 7/100L in a mix of 25% city, 75% highway at 125kph :D
Jerry
Kitchener
13 Boxster
17 Lexus RX350
In the past: 12 Acura TL, 04 MazdaSpeed Miata, 07 Infiniti M35, 05 Infiniti G35x, 03 Infiniti G35, 99 Acura 3.2TL, 99 Miata, 95 Chrysler Sebring, 93 Ford Probe GT, 93 Chrysler Concorde, 89 Taurus SHO, 86 Taurus, 79 Mazda RX7

Offline Diesel Advocate

• Learner's Permit
    • View Profile
I rented a Zafira in Spain last fall with a 1.8L turbo diesel and a six speed and it got incredible mileage in the range of the low 7/100L in a mix of 25% city, 75% highway at 125kph :D

I drove the 1.8 16v Gasoline Engine version and it too gave great gas mileage with 38.2MPG or 7.4 L/100 combined.

carjoe

I just saw a review on a Ford S-Max yesterday on Fifth Gear. Cool! I want!

I need the space of a mini van but don't want the ginormousness that comes with a traditional mini van. I am seriously considering a Mazda 5 when the lease is up for renewal but I can't even get the time of day from the local Mazda dealership. 4 separate occasions and I failed to attract the attention of even one sales person.

Offline 99 Silver

• Drunk on Fuel
  • Carma: +17/-8
  • Dog lover
    • View Profile
My daughter and son in law picked up a Mazda 5 this fall and got an incredible deal on it.  Fully loaded (no leather) in the very low $20's.

The car works very well for them with two young kids and a dog.  I drove the car and it is like all Mazdas in that it is more entertaining to drive than most of it's competition.